DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: LaBerge Lockwood & Co - Mon 20/03/23 21:23 UTC
I finally found some time to give this show a go and surprisingly found I quite enjoyed it.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

It's kind of like Ghostbusters if you translated it to YA(ish) mystery-action fiction with British sensibilities (a familiar feel for those who have read Stroud's other work).

50 oddish years ago "The Problem" began. Ghosts started rising from their graves, either killing those they touch or locking them into eternal nightmares with their gaze. Invisible to adults (this is YA after all), the world's only hope rests with psychically gifted teenagers who are trained as licensed ghost hunters before being, frankly, grossly exploited by the corporations that hire them and the caretakers who receive their wages.

Lucy Carlyle, a not-so licensed ghost hunter, has run away from home and signed on with the eponymous ghost-hunting agency. Joining her at Lockwood & Co is the head hunter, Anthony Lockwood (a teen who under normal conditions would likely be well on his way to being Britain's youngest ever PM), and George (a not-so crazed conspiracy theorist with an aversion to trousers).

Together, the three of them struggle to hunt ghosts and keep their agency aloft, all the while being inadvertently drawn into an occult conspiracy that may drive at the very source of The Problem itself.

It's a fun story and I'm intrigued to see where it goes next. It might make a fun setting for a game too. Anybody else seen it?
Posted By: Miales Re: Lockwood & Co - Mon 20/03/23 21:34 UTC
Yeah great show. I heard that the books were great as well
Posted By: Gryphon Re: Lockwood & Co - Tue 21/03/23 00:45 UTC
I give the show two thumbs up.

Rather intriguing premise.
Posted By: Mina Re: Lockwood & Co - Tue 21/03/23 22:46 UTC
The books are a lot of fun as well! Give them a go!
Posted By: LaBerge Re: Lockwood & Co - Wed 22/03/23 00:27 UTC
I might actually try and find the books. I used to read Stroud's Bartimaeus novels and really enjoyed them and his style of writing.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post