DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Pit Friend Arcane on Netflix - Mon 22/11/21 22:44 UTC
I don’t know if anyone else has seen this show but if you haven’t I heartily recommend checking it out. It’s called Arcane and is on Netflix in the Us and Canada (at least). The story and animation is well above average and I would love to play in an RPG set in this steam/magic punk world. It’s too bad the actual game this is based on is simply a MOBA.

Posted By: Gypsy Re: Arcane on Netflix - Tue 23/11/21 11:26 UTC
Looks interesting, very cyberpunk feel. smile
Posted By: nem Re: Arcane on Netflix - Tue 23/11/21 18:50 UTC
Pit Friend, how much League of Legends do you need to know prior to watching to follow the story, do you think?

I've been tempted but the trailer kept flashing things at me as if I should know their significance, and admittedly, I did not.
Posted By: Pit Friend Re: Arcane on Netflix - Wed 24/11/21 14:51 UTC
You don’t need to know anything, I certainly didn’t. Some things probably mean more if you do, like who some of the characters are, but that didn’t stop me from enjoying it. It might even be better if you don’t know anything going in. I’ve read this is a prequel of sorts to the game that tells how some of the characters came to be the way they are. Not knowing how they end up made me much more invested in their development since I had no idea how it was going to end.

The basic story itself isn’t terribly original. Rich upper city and poor under city and the friction between them, like so many other cyber/steam/magic punk stories. This one is just told well with interesting characters I became invested in and a surprisingly sympathetic villain with a relatable motive.
Posted By: Wolf Re: Arcane on Netflix - Fri 26/11/21 03:21 UTC
Arcane exceeded all my expectations ... and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been mentioned here earlier.
Posted By: nem Re: Arcane on Netflix - Fri 26/11/21 10:27 UTC
It'll be my breakfast watch next week. smile
Posted By: Neptune Re: Arcane on Netflix - Fri 26/11/21 23:52 UTC
Just started watching. Am curious. So far it's good.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Arcane on Netflix - Thu 23/12/21 14:51 UTC
6 episodes in and have throughly enjoyed each one.
Posted By: Saph Re: Arcane on Netflix - Mon 27/12/21 08:17 UTC
I had no interest in League of Legends as a franchise -- I played the game a handful of times more than a decade ago -- but the good word of mouth got me to check this out, and it's a marvellous show. I've started doing a deep dive into the lore and getting tempted to take a peek at the game again, so I guess it was also an excellent marketing campaign.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Arcane on Netflix - Tue 28/12/21 22:38 UTC
Not sure I have time for another game, at least on the computer. But yes Arcane is so good, it does make me curious. lol
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post