DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Gryphon CW Show - Batwoman - Mon 21/10/19 17:03 UTC
Anyone else watching?

This show may (and I mean may be enough to get me off my anti-Gotham kick).

I like the characters, and very much enjoying the main villain (Alice).

Starring the character of Kate Kane (Bruce's cousin) years after his disappearance, taking up the mantle of Batwoman.

I like the slower going of the show- It is not a one-villain knock-off each episode. Instead it is focusing on character development and story arc.
Posted By: MikeD Re: CW Show - Batwoman - Mon 21/10/19 17:34 UTC
Been avoiding it ... so far. I have been mostly disappointed with 'Batman Shows'. I may give it a look when I can't find something that interests me more <wink>
Posted By: Gryphon Re: CW Show - Batwoman - Mon 21/10/19 17:36 UTC
Mike, I generally loath the Batman shows- they never live up to what I was hoping for.

This one, so far, seems different.

Focusing on a Bat character without Bruce around, it really appeals to me.
Posted By: MikeD Re: CW Show - Batwoman - Mon 21/10/19 17:49 UTC
Thanks for the 'eval'! <g> That moves it up a spot or two on my list <wink>
Posted By: Mina Re: CW Show - Batwoman - Mon 21/10/19 21:42 UTC
I have been a bit leery of watching it. Rotten tomatoes score is dismal. NOw... I might give it a chance.
Posted By: Zeim Re: CW Show - Batwoman - Mon 21/10/19 23:48 UTC
I've watched the first 2 episodes. Will give it the first season to have enough to make a decision.

I agree with the points Gryphon made. At the moment I have 3 issues with the series but decided not to post spoilers. All three of the issues are more annoying than anything else. Two are Political Correctness related and one is a major difference in setting that I don't understand the need for.
Posted By: ividia Re: CW Show - Batwoman - Sat 16/11/19 04:32 UTC
Mina,

The RT is probably from the same group who went out of their way to try to tank the score of any movie or show not starring a straight white male.

It's finding it's feet as all the Arrowverse shows have done but seems to be hitting it's stride earlier. The timeline is slightly in the past of the Arrowverse crossover from last season to setup how and why Kate takes on the mask. Of the supporting characters I think the stepsister is the standout.
Posted By: Argus Re: CW Show - Batwoman - Sun 17/11/19 03:17 UTC
Originally Posted by ividia
The timeline is slightly in the past of the Arrowverse crossover from last season

It started slightly in the past, but recent episodes are after the crossover (with an explicit reference to the "Arkham breakout").
A tweet from the executive producer: https://twitter.com/carolinedries/status/1188626252174770176
Posted By: Mina Re: CW Show - Batwoman - Sun 17/11/19 05:34 UTC
Ividia,

Now even more episodes in, I agree with you. The stepsister, and Alice are my two fav characters so far smile
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post