DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: MikeD Betty Boop - Thu 15/08/19 21:35 UTC
Anyone else remember my first love??

I have had them on VHS for quite a while, but have been reluctant to 'trust' them the my =very= old tape player. But I just got them on DVD <vbg> So I am having a lot of fun for a while now!!! <chuckle>

Anyone else lover her?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Betty Boop - Tue 07/01/20 23:11 UTC
Apparently not <sigh>
Posted By: Mina Re: Betty Boop - Wed 08/01/20 21:56 UTC
Mike,

I know who the character is, but don't think I have ever seen any of her cartoons.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Betty Boop - Wed 08/01/20 22:04 UTC
Wasn't she on Kinetoscope back in your day?!?

Sorry... I couldn't help it. blush

Boop-Oop-A-Doop!
Posted By: MikeD Re: Betty Boop - Wed 08/01/20 22:19 UTC
Hmmmm She was a Max Fleischer creation.

And 'Kinetoscope' was ... if I recall correctly ... a 'peephole' sort of play back. Ya looked into some 'lenses' and 'cranked a crank' to see 'moving pictures'.

Betty ... as far as I know ... was =never= subjected to such indignities <g> She was originally the 'pre-show' for 'feature films' in theaters back in the 30's <g>
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Betty Boop - Wed 08/01/20 22:49 UTC
I'm old enough to have watched her on Saturday morning cartoons.

I was teasing about the old-time crank, peephole player... wow. that sounded a bit naughty.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: Betty Boop - Wed 08/01/20 23:53 UTC
My college town's Rocky Horror Friday night showing was always presented with the Betty Boob Snow White as a lead-in, so I rapidly became VERY familiar. Though I still think Koko has Cab Calloway's voice.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Betty Boop - Wed 08/01/20 23:55 UTC
<heh heh heh> Yeah ... it did <chuckle> I have the original VHS tape set ... and managed to find some 'ripped' DVDs. I have been enjoying watching my first love <g>
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Betty Boop - Thu 09/01/20 09:22 UTC
Wow Ghoul! Long time no see. grin Welcome back, missed ya!
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post