DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Nivek A Discovery of Witches - Sat 15/06/19 01:18 UTC
Since you guys are always asking about shows, anybody watching A Discovery of Witches? I read the 3 books and loved them so I'm watching the show on AMC. Not crazy about the guy lead, he's not at all like I imagined from the books. Everyone else though is pretty close to what I was thinking.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: A Discovery of Witches - Sat 15/06/19 01:20 UTC
I have seen the first four or five episodes and like it. The guy lead does seem a bit stiff
Posted By: Nivek Re: A Discovery of Witches - Sat 15/06/19 01:23 UTC
In the book, they describe him as ruggedly handsome. This guy seems a bit to lean and clean.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Discovery of Witches - Sat 15/06/19 12:52 UTC
Watched the series quite a while back on UK TV. Hooked! smile Waiting for the next one. And I liked the lead guy but then I haven't read the books so no preconceptions. wink
Posted By: Mina Re: A Discovery of Witches - Sun 16/06/19 20:32 UTC
Nivek, wow! You and I actually watched the same series?!? Like Gypsy, I LOVED IT! Have not read the books yet, but I am planning to now!
Posted By: Nivek Re: A Discovery of Witches - Mon 17/06/19 11:19 UTC
Originally Posted by Mina
Nivek, wow! You and I actually watched the same series?!? Like Gypsy, I LOVED IT! Have not read the books yet, but I am planning to now!

haha The only reason I'm watching is because I read the books.
Posted By: MikeD Re: A Discovery of Witches - Mon 17/06/19 12:02 UTC
I seldom watch the shows made from books I have read ... The few times I made that mistake I was disappointed.
Posted By: Mina Re: A Discovery of Witches - Sun 14/06/20 17:08 UTC
Nivek,

So I finally got down to reading the first book, which is basically Season 1. I see what you mean about the male lead, physically he does not match up completely to Matthew, but he really does have the whole 'aloof Matthew' presence down pat. I really liked how they beefed up some of the roles and showed a bit more back story, like Juliette. I liked Aunt Sarah better in the series, but liked Em better in the book.

Any news on Season 2?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: A Discovery of Witches - Mon 15/06/20 13:02 UTC
Another interested party! smile
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post