DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Wolf LD+R The End of Mankind - Sat 16/03/19 17:13 UTC
... you've seen one post-apcolyptic city, you've seen them all ...

holy magoly ... taut, quirky, scary, violent, peaceful, silly, biting, human, non-human, laugh-out-loud, hide-behind-your-hands-and-peek-through-your-fingers ...

and that was only the first two episodes of Netflix's new anthology series "Love, Death + Robots".

The emphasis on Anthology is much needed. While there may be a common theme somewhere (besides love, death and robots) the first two episodes, while both really good, were also really different. This makes it a potential candidate for "well if you don't like "X" just wait for "Y", which is a good thing.

The second episode had me laughing on the sofa. The first episode had me sitting on its edge.

... are you scared ...
Posted By: MikeD Re: LD+R The End of Mankind - Mon 18/03/19 22:26 UTC
Just started watching. My initial impression is that 'visually' the 'animation' vs 'live action' is =very= blurred. Much of it =looks= 'real'.

leh-cha know what I think of the 'story' in a bit <g>

Posted By: Wolf Re: LD+R The End of Mankind - Tue 19/03/19 11:04 UTC
I think, story-wise, Sonnie's Edge, Three Robots and Blue Zima were the strongest. as i said, if you don't like one, there's probably another you will!
Posted By: Wolf Re: LD+R The End of Mankind - Wed 20/03/19 14:18 UTC
Interesting ... I just read "Sonnie's Edge" by Peter Hamilton. Personally, I think the animated version takes everything in the story and ratchets it up to eleven smile the story is streamlined, but just as brutal.

The animation only makes the story stronger.
Posted By: MikeD Re: LD+R The End of Mankind - Wed 20/03/19 14:44 UTC
My impression is that ... anyone that could watch the series and =NOT= find one or two stories they liked is already dead <g> For me, while there were certainly stories I liked better than others, I am glad I got to see them all <vbg>

Gotta love NetFlix. They are creating some wonderful things!!
Posted By: Wolf Re: LD+R The End of Mankind - Mon 10/06/19 21:18 UTC

They just announced Love, Death and Robots ... volume 2!

wowzers!

(thanks kel!)
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post