DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Muddy Final Space - Mon 30/07/18 20:43 UTC
Another new series on Netflix, I was watching this last week.

It looked from the trailers to be just another Futurama-esk series or Adult Swim-like spoof cartoon that would usually make me think "meh". It did start a bit slow, the humour was a bit slapstick for my tastes and the lead character was very much a complete tool

But..

Having now seen the whole series 1 (there being not much else to do here in the UK on a day off where it was hitting 350c!) this has turned out to be really good. Excellent I would say.
The story expands well, the characters really start to grown on you after a while and its clear a lot of effort has been put into the animation and the accompanying sound track (which was just awesome and fitted the scenes so well). Behind the humour there is also this darker thread that really sets the scene for what ultimately happens (I can’t really say any more without spoiling it).

If you’ve not seen it, my recommendation is to give it a chance and persevere through the first and second episodes. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Final Space - Mon 30/07/18 20:46 UTC
Just added it to my <sigh> extensive list of 'must watch' <g> If I remember ... I will post my thoughts <g>

Hmmmmm ... it was only on the DVD list here ... and only as an 'available when ever' part of my list <sigh>
Posted By: Muddy Re: Final Space - Mon 30/07/18 20:47 UTC
Be like Mooncake - live in the moment! smile
Posted By: MikeD Re: Final Space - Mon 30/07/18 20:53 UTC
I can only hope <g>
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post