DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: MikeD Blade Runner - Sat 05/03/16 15:46 UTC
I was just watching this again (it =had= been quite a while <g>) and noticed, during the opening credits, that we are just 3 years away from paradise! BR was set in 2019, but the scary part is that several of the 'bad replicants' that were being chased are in service today!! So watch out!!

I am constantly amazed by how badly Hollywood does at 'forecasting' the future <chuckle> Still waiting for them to start construction on the Tyrell building ... oh, and where =are= all those flying cars? <weg>
Posted By: Wolf Re: Blade Runner - Sat 05/03/16 16:41 UTC
well you need to remember that this proverbial sword slices both ways ...

Computers are usually well behind the curve ...
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Blade Runner - Sat 05/03/16 17:07 UTC
Part of it is that the original story for it was written in 1968. Not saying that is all of it, but it is a piece.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Blade Runner - Sat 05/03/16 17:15 UTC
Yeah ... I agree Pande. The 60s =were= a little overly optimistic in terms of what they thought 'we' could achieve <g>

Wolf, they were in some instances. Star Trek did a decent job with them ... considering <g> But yeah, the near term stuff was pretty pathetic. Also ... did you ever notice that every 'vehicle' that we built seems to have loose, unshielded wires dangling about behind the panels that would short out ever time the vessel would rock?
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post