DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Lionhawke Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 25/01/18 00:25 UTC
I just heard The Pretty Reckless yesterday and started exploring them a bit more. I'd happened to run across them before, "Heaven Knows", but there was something in the song I heard last night that made me think of our beloved...and rather complicated...reformed Whisky Ward.

Take a listen to "Take Me Down" and let me know what you all think.

BTW I have not watched the video yet -- so I haven't been biased by it.

Take Me Down - The Pretty Reckless

Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 25/01/18 01:42 UTC
Taylor Momsen.... Yeah I've used some of her stuff for some character themes
Posted By: Mina Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 25/01/18 02:23 UTC
We could totally rock that song! Whisky Ward 4-Ever!
Posted By: MikeD Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 25/01/18 13:13 UTC
Why is there a question mark in the title ... as if there was some doubt about that?? <g>
Posted By: ividia Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 25/01/18 15:21 UTC
Try Halestrom and ZZ Ward while you're at it. smile

And Dorothy too.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 25/01/18 18:57 UTC
You all make me smile and rock my ass off!

Maybe I'll dig up that discography list that we never completed. Might be a fun way to distract ourselves and keep the band alive.

Since it's not really a live game - where would be the best spot to put that in the Forums?
Posted By: Mina Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 25/01/18 19:33 UTC
Here in music? Maybe a thread... "Inspired by Whisky Ward"?
Posted By: Wolf Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 25/01/18 22:38 UTC
heh. maybe, if you are nice, you'll get the tween set gig that a certain someone had been planning ...
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Fri 26/01/18 00:44 UTC
Years ago I played in an FTF game with Stranger, and the premise was that we could all be band members. The only caveat was that the Lead (singer, guitarist, what have you) had to be an NPC because the band, would reform after the lead was killed in some horrific way, and yes, it happened many times before and would happen each episode for the game. It was fun to come up with the songs, lyrics etc... for the strange little bands we made up while solving horror stories like Scooby Do. smile

So yes I miss Whisky!
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Fri 26/01/18 14:59 UTC
Yes a thread in here would work! smile
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Fri 26/01/18 20:07 UTC
Okay. I'm a little swamped to create the formatting that I want. But I'll get something up in a thread shortly. I look forward to getting everyone's input on the backlist.
Posted By: ividia Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Sat 03/03/18 06:23 UTC
The trailer for the new Jessica Jones season has a Pretty Reckless song playing.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Mon 02/04/18 21:25 UTC
Awesome. I hadn't seen that yet. I've been covering my eyes and ears since I still need to finish the first season. Somehow the show doesn't help my stress levels... wink

BTW I think she rocks! As per a BuzzFeed quiz we determined my beloved is Jessica Jones - since she doesn't wear a costume! I range from Wonder Woman to Scarlet Witch depending on the day! LOL
Posted By: Neptune Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Fri 06/04/18 16:33 UTC
OMG. Watch the Defenders too!
Posted By: ividia Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Sat 30/06/18 15:38 UTC
Wynona Earp has been dipping into similar tunes.

If you have Pandora, this station of mine wanders among ZZ Ward, Pretty Reckless, Dilana, halesrtom, Elle King, Bryce Fox, Imagine Dragons, Dorothy, Barns Courtney and a few others.

https://pdora.co/2tG5Axe
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 02/08/18 21:05 UTC
Ividia -- I somehow missed your note from a month ago! I just took a listen to your station. It was fun. Amongst the best tracks I heard were Halsey, "The Castle" for that teen angst-power goth sound and Black Keys, "Gold on the Ceiling" - which is just damn good rock! Thanks!
Posted By: ividia Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Thu 18/10/18 14:50 UTC
smile Glad you enjoyed it.

My music tastes are eclectic and wander the gamut.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Tue 30/10/18 21:11 UTC
OMG I was out sick yesterday and watched the first 8 episodes of Wynona Earp! Loved it! And the music rocks! smile
Posted By: Wolf Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Wed 31/10/18 03:17 UTC
nodnodnods ... Kel and I discovered that last vacation smile
Posted By: ividia Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Sat 10/11/18 18:58 UTC
I binged season 2 as soon as it Netflix.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Sun 24/03/19 19:26 UTC
Good article about longtime bands that keep going after members leave - or die:

NYT story: Reunion Tour! The Band Is Back!

Makes me think about Whisky Ward and the story I was hoping to craft - and hopefully what the band would not become.

This is the best quote: “Because if Journey won’t perform with Perry, your choice isn’t Fake Journey or Real Journey, it’s Semi-Journey or No Journey at All.”
Posted By: MikeD Re: Whisky Ward Lives? ;) - Sun 24/03/19 21:02 UTC
Lemme know what you decide. Animal is =always= up for a gig <wink>
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post