DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Amadan Goodreads? - Sun 31/08/14 21:14 UTC
Any other Dreamlyrics members on Goodreads?

Friend me!

I like Goodreads. I use it to check out books I am undecided about. I post reviews of everything I read.

There have been some controversies lately because of a few thin-skinned authors, but even with its acquisition by Amazon, I think Goodreads is still the best and largest book community out there. I have tried Shelfari and Booklikes and LibraryThing, and while they all have their virtues, Goodreads remains a larger and more active community.
Posted By: ividia Re: Goodreads? - Sun 31/08/14 21:44 UTC
Aye. Been in a reading spate over the last couple of weeks. That's about all the energy I've had, and it's been a nice change from all the tech specs and legalese I read for the job.

Sent the friend req. Same name there as here. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Goodreads? - Mon 01/09/14 01:00 UTC
I like library thing main because I can list all my stuff on it!

Goodreads is nice for the reviews and the like.
Posted By: Don Re: Goodreads? - Mon 01/09/14 01:04 UTC
The worst thing about Goodreads is that I now know what I'm missing instead of being blissfully ignorant. I have something like 450 books in my want to read list these days!

I use it as a journal of what I've read so I am in there all the time but I have only been using it for about 6 months and I've noticed that the longer someone has been there the less they tend to use it.
Posted By: ividia Re: Goodreads? - Sun 21/12/14 15:01 UTC
I get digests from it since a couple of the ppl on there I follow are authors and one has the thrid book in his series which should be coming out soon (or I'll have to order the UK print).
Posted By: Nivek Re: Goodreads? - Thu 19/02/15 12:15 UTC
Major accomplishment for me smile

I started listening to the Wheel of Time series in my car on July 15th, 2013. As long as I was alone in the car, I listened to it, which was almost every day. I finished this morning smile 19 months, 13 books, probably something around 300 cds.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Goodreads? - Thu 19/02/15 12:20 UTC
Well done! I started top read them, gave up after book 4 smile
Posted By: MikeD Re: Goodreads? - Thu 19/02/15 15:14 UTC
Nivek, have you looked at 'audible.com'? If you are interested, lemme know. I have a 'code' that will get you some perks <wink>
Posted By: Mina Re: Goodreads? - Thu 19/02/15 17:09 UTC
Mike, if you are into sharing, I would be interested as well grin

And Nivek.. well done! Congrats!
Posted By: MikeD Re: Goodreads? - Thu 19/02/15 17:11 UTC
Here is what I sent to Nivek -

Go to 'www.audible.com/t1/TWIT' and search through their library of books. They have =lots= of SF, most current best sellers are available and you can get one out for free with a trial. If you cancel within the trial period you still get to keep the 'sample' book. So you get a free book if nothing else and a friend who has them as an advertiser some recognition <g>

Hope it helps. I know a bunch of folks who are big fans. I don't have the sort of 'empty time' that allows me to get much out of it.
Posted By: Mina Re: Goodreads? - Thu 19/02/15 17:13 UTC
Thanks Mike!
Posted By: MikeD Re: Goodreads? - Thu 19/02/15 17:41 UTC
Happy to help <g> I just wish I had more 'empty time' so I could make use of Audible. At the moment, I am doing well when I can keep up with the 6 or so hours a week of podcasts that I listen to <sigh>
Posted By: Amadan Re: Goodreads? - Fri 20/02/15 21:28 UTC
Audible is a great resource. They do sales and 2-for-1 specials just about every month, plus their Daily Deals, which can really stretch your credits.

I manage to listen to an average of at least one Audiobook a week, between driving, housework, and gym.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post