DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Wolf HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 18:17 UTC
Folks,

This is just to ket you know the progress at getting the characters set up. it's taking longer than i had hoped, but I also hope the folks appreciate that which they have received so far. The work is being done in a general order; those who signed up first dealt with first, and those with preexisting files sent out in a sensible manner.

Please note, I am not listing name or character type here; I am a firm believer that folks should introduce themselves in their own voice, saying (or not saying) as they wish.

Thus, literally in the order of how I picked up my scattered 3 x 5 note cards:

Ken - cult file: completed, background file: completed.
Ziem - cult file: completed, background file: completed
Raven - cult file: completed, background file: completed
Art - cult file: completed, background file: completed
Kel - cult file: completed, background file: completed
Ividia - cult file: completed, background file: completed
Phoenix Prime - cult file: completed, background file: completed
Nikki - cult file: completed, background file: completed
Gypsy - cult file: completed, background file: completed.

Mechanics file: completed
Runequest, or how I learned to stop worrying and love basic roleplaying: completed
Things Come in Threes - Important Guidelines to Consider: completed

Some background are longer than others; just to set up a basis from which to begin play. it will be, very much, a toss you into the initial setting and see where it goes from there kind of thing! A town, a significant event and then, its all up to you.

NOTE THE REFERENCE STICKY POST

The Character Building files were posted a bit early; this is to give you something to mull and think about. Do Not Just Jump in; there will be more clarifications to follow and just like the backgrounds were a back and fort, so is the final character stat sheets.

Please review and if you have any questions, please ask in this thread! Please keep the questions on the general game system and not on specific details of your character; those are PRIVATE.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING THAT TELLS YOUR CHARACTER STATS, CULTS, SPELL and SKILL CHOICES PUBLIC!

Your Character should be described in game, in character, in terms of the game world and not a list of numbers and words, ESPECIALLY when the character sheet information would give away character secrets.

Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 19:24 UTC
I'm sure Jim, Raven and I could entertain ourselves waiting on the others. wink
Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 19:38 UTC
We would never call you slow Wolf....just challanged grin
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 19:40 UTC
this from the guy who still can't manage to put his own pictures in the gallery wink
Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 20:00 UTC
Actually I have managed to do that now. I just wasn't sure about doing the one in OML since I didn't know my character's last name until Jim told me. smile
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 20:01 UTC
<Stands up and claps> you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! wink
Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 20:01 UTC
woof woof
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 20:10 UTC
Hey, slow and right is better than fast and wrong.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 20:13 UTC
It depends if the bomb went off before you finished defusing it...
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 20:21 UTC
If you were fast and wrong, the bomb STILL went off<G>
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 20:45 UTC
heh heh heh

hee hee

And I'm amusing myself A LOT with CLK right now. So... don't worry about me.

Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sat 15/10/11 23:02 UTC
Cult file you sent was great. Looking forward to the rest.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Mon 17/10/11 12:19 UTC
Mike please see PM smile

Great bunch of players and I've known about this game for years - always wanted to play! smile Very much looking forward to it.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Mon 17/10/11 12:27 UTC
No sweat, Boss. Good dialogue; good input. Artists should not be pushed for volume.

Nicki
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 20/10/11 05:36 UTC
Everybody Read the Major Edit of the Top Message Please!

Thanks!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 02:15 UTC
As a question, I am presuming you want us to hold back for now on actually assigning any numbers, correct oh boss-man?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 02:19 UTC
I'm waiting for Gypsy's comments on her revised background; so to have all the backgrounds set before diving into the numbers officially.

Kind of like finishing one task before starting the next!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 02:25 UTC
No problemo.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 02:38 UTC
<hides from the eville numbers>
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 03:31 UTC
<hiding with Raven from the evil numbers>

Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 11:38 UTC
<room back there behind the couch for one more? don't like numbers neither>
Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 12:12 UTC
<Brings the popcorn in a big bowl for all, settles in between PP and Kel>

"Numbers are bad. Bad numbers."
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 12:31 UTC
Plenty of room behind the couch for everyone! Of course, the problem is that Wolf knows where the couch is. Let's go hide... hmmm... ooooh, there are some lovely places on campus he doesn't know about. grin

We'll be hiding out on the footpath bridge through the wetlands area. You can't find THAT without a map. And he doesn't have the map. Extremely beautiful place.

Ahhhhhh....

<giggles> Poor Wolf.

Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 13:14 UTC
One must learn to confront one's fears. Stand up to those numbers! Show them who is boss!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 13:20 UTC
I do not fear the numbers! I will let them wash over me, pass through and come out the other side, never to be seen again.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 14:42 UTC
i stood up once and the numbers showed me who the boss was, so yes Zeim... you are right... since i'm not the boss I'm hiding from them. Wolf can make the numbers behave and tell me what they are later.
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 14:49 UTC
Well, as you know, I am a numbers kind of guy. Numbers are my friend. They are a warm cuddly blanket I wrap myself up in and take comfort in when times are hard. smile
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 15:34 UTC
Numbers are beautiful things as long as they are neatly confined in a database and there are no dollar signs attached to them.

These numbers are not neatly confined to a database. They are evil.

<wanders back to bridge>
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 16:28 UTC
Uhm, the Silk Creek Bridge is that-a-way dear ...
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 16:45 UTC
Since I'm hiding with Raven, Jim and Ken from the evil numbers, we're on the bridge on the Siena campus. And you can't find us. Neener neener.

grin

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 22:00 UTC
While I am late at work and waiting for my drawing to render:

The next step is to hang numbers and such on your characters, against that rare time we may actually have to figure out just actually who has just poked who with something sharp.

The problem with swords is that folks tend to want to use them.

Just like the character development process this a dialog; this time it can work two ways:

1) If you are comfortable with working the numbers, the starting character rules are up in the HWD: Reference post. Send me a private summary of your first thoughts - posted to your character proposal/background thread, which we'll then work out the wrinkles to finalize it.

2) If you are not comfortable or you just don't want the headache, I do have some templates for starting character types. If that is the case I'll send the basic template for you to review for you to say "this is fine" or "I really think I should be tougher/smarter and can I have such-and-such a skill.

If there's a special piece of gear you'd like to have let m know.

Some of you have sent me pictures of your character; I'd just like to hold up filling the gallery until you make your first in-character introductory post!

Thanks!
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 22:03 UTC
Oh, you KNOW I don't want to deal with numbers! Send me that template!

Ah, should find a pic. Hmmmm.

Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 22:41 UTC
Wolf,

I started playing around with number stuff in our PM. You can take a look. I also asked a question or two I need an answer to before I can split up my skill points.

Z
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 22:54 UTC
Template please!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 21/10/11 23:40 UTC
I would not mind a template to start, and then I'll tweak it?
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 00:05 UTC
Yeah, even though I've started playing around with numbers, looking at a template couldn't hurt.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 17:06 UTC
Will have a look tomorrow but a starter template wouldn't hurt. smile
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 19:04 UTC
*hits head on desk*

Good news for you guys.

Bad news for me!

My templates out point my starting guidelines ...
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 19:06 UTC
Well, I don't even know what you mean, so...

Um.

Yay?
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 20:19 UTC
is that Kahallan speak?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 20:55 UTC
Sounds like everyone wants one, so does that make a problem? Outside of your poor desk that is...
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 21:11 UTC
No, that's Wolf-speak. If it was Kahallan-speak, there'd be a better chance I'd understand what he was staying. lol

Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 21:21 UTC
maybe there are words missing or something....
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 21:38 UTC
Well, he DOES type like Art a lot of the time.
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 22:26 UTC
Believe me, as a numbers guy..... yay!!
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 22/10/11 22:28 UTC
Henceforth, Zeim shall be known as Numbers Guy. grin

Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 00:01 UTC
You want to know how much that is true? Neptune can verify this, and we told PP this once, but in my FTF group I once spent about 20 minutes in a D&D game calculating exactly how a magical Fireball spell, that takes up exactly 33K cubic feet of space, would fill an odd shaped room so we would know whether some small alcoves in the corners would be safe to stand in or not. grin
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 00:03 UTC
you know, there's help for that
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 00:04 UTC
IN other words, teh templates he has use more than the three hundred points he allocated for us to build outr characters.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 00:14 UTC
<hiding in the corner, quivering in fear from Numbers Guy>

<whisper> He's even worse than *I* am, and I'm Super OCD Woman </whisper>

Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 00:18 UTC
nah, no hiding, we'll just have HIM do all our numbers grin
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 01:10 UTC
<peeks out from corner>

Wolf did my numbers, mostly. And I'll come out if he stops speaking in tongues like that. It's very scary.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 01:36 UTC
The numbers and I have arrived at an armed truce... thanks to Wolf.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 01:54 UTC
There may be some hostilities left between me and the numbers. Must clarify with Wolf. There could be an armed truce in my near future, as well.

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 01:56 UTC
HAven't seen a template yet, and either need that or some off time(Perhaps sunday evening)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 01:57 UTC
WHen he does your numbers, his ears get all pointy and his eyes glow red. Other than that, he is quite well-mannered .... though the growling can be a bit off-putting, I admit.

Nicki
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 02:15 UTC
<diving under the table again>

Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 02:16 UTC
I have yet to see numbers other than the one in the overview file, so....
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 03:02 UTC
<crawls out from under table>

Like Raven, I have reached an armed truce with the numbers. And as long as Numbers Guy doesn't start speaking in tongues again, I should be ok.

I have been assured by Wolf that I don't actually have to UNDERSTAND what the bloody numbers mean, so... all is well.

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 07:16 UTC
Looks at his three by five check off card ... i"m working through them!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 11:23 UTC
I just put some WAG's down. I'm not sure, for our level of character, what 'good' is intuitively so having some trouble measuring how many points I should put into a category I want to be considered 'good' at, vs 'I know something about it'.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 20:58 UTC
There!

Everyone should have the First Draft of their Character sheet for review and comments and such!

Thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sun 23/10/11 23:41 UTC
Thanks, Wolf.
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Mon 24/10/11 13:20 UTC
Yes, thanks Wolf. Looks close. Just some questions and refining.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Mon 24/10/11 13:38 UTC
Looked at mine. You made the changes we talked about, so I'd consider that the final draft. That means I never have to look at it again, right? grin

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Mon 24/10/11 14:08 UTC
After this last question, should be pretty goodish.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Mon 24/10/11 14:28 UTC
Think Mike and I are about finished - just a couple of small questions smile
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 13:06 UTC
All that's left before start area few nudges - to document the tweaks to Zeim's, Nikki's and Gypsy's characters. The ground work is done I just need to spend an evening with dreamweaver and update the html character sheets.

Dreamweaver for Dreamlyrics ... appropriate!

The other matter is setting up starting equipment - most folks may assume they have:

An adventurer's pack - a pack of some sort that carries a kit of supplies needed for travelling, including bedroll, simple cooking and eating utensils, some rope, etc.

Folks with horses will have the appropriate tack and furniture.

A set of clothes; full tunics and surcoat or over and under tunics. Those in a cult or from a family of note will have at least one set in their church or family colors. A decent travelling cloak.

Armor and weapons, if appropriate. If you have a skill in a weapon, in most cases but not all, you will have that weapon.

Some coin to start with. Please note; this is a low scale economy. Food from a street seller is measured in pennies, a crown can buy not just a room but bed, dinner and breakfast - unless its a very rich and fancy place!

Some places are more expensive - Talantal, Trundle-On-The-Hill ... some places are cheaper - Brockman's, Talesan's Village.

If there is any piece of equipment beyond this that you think your character would have, let me know. If it is strictly role-play/character oriented it probably can be accommodated. If it could sway balance in the game, that's a different matter.

For example, a wooden necklace given by one's parent with significant personal value, yes. A ruby pendant in an ironsilver setting, that can be sold for a manor's worth of crown, probably not smile

Send me a private message with any special gear you are interested in.

Second, I am planning on writing the opening posts on Saturday.

We can do this two ways. My initial thought was what they call a cold start. That twist of fate that gets all nine of you in the same place and something happens and we are off, starting hip deep in the tangles of Cragside.

Is this acceptable to folks or would you prefer a softer start?

Debate that here in this thread smile

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 13:13 UTC
Well, I always think of things in one of two ways: Either a cold start. . OR. . ..a short vignetter thread that allows people to get into their character THEN a cold start.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 13:45 UTC
Oh lets jump in! grin
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 13:46 UTC
Think I agree with Art. If everyone has a background that has led them to Cragside, a short post or two from each letting them introduce their character and cover why they are here, for some flavour, then a cold start.

But am good either way. It's your call, boss.
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 13:50 UTC
As I've already had my twist of fate <g>.... not quite as brutal as some I could mention.... however with that there is an intro in the PM thread which you can use or not.

I am also going to assuming the little edit we had to do was fine by you since I've heard nothing to the contrary. wink

And does this mean we get to post pics in the gallery?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 13:51 UTC
I think its fine! just haven't had a chance to update things, Ividia smile
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 14:01 UTC
And it looks like the soft start is preferred. Not a problem.

We have two groups approaching Cragside. Some from the east and Highgaar, some from the west and the High Tarn.

Each group will start one day away, at a day's travel inn or pathside shelter. The weather is not good, the first of the cold rains are starting. As an intro/soft start, it will be player driven - I'll set the scene and let you have at it. Then, next weekend, we'll jump into the game proper; as noted, my major posts are weekend posts.

In general I prefer it when you folks take your fate in your owmn hands and press me rather than the other way around smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 14:13 UTC
I'm happy with whatever is preferred. Sorry I wasn't around much yesterday to answer questions like this one!
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 14:16 UTC
well since i posted this this morning, you didn't miss anything!

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 14:24 UTC
Yah. I just like a chance to feel out the character a tad before jumping right into the other PC's. It 0ften helps. And I STILL am having a problem with a picture. . (Sigh)
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 14:58 UTC
well since i posted this this morning, you didn't miss anything!

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 15:03 UTC
Okay, since Mister Numbers is worried (and yes I'm teasing)

I don't make you count pennies. So you may assume you have enough coin to keep yourself fed from the local merchants or innkeepers without having to worry for tallying your coin on hand.

I also don't keep track of stays at inns unless its something special - like someone absolutely MUST stay at the Gold Guilded Hart in the Uppermost Ring of Talantal. Or if it somehow becomes an important point in the developing story line.

We are a band of adventurers, no accountants.

Accountants are seafaring.

Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 15:07 UTC
I will send you a PM... I am certain my character falls into a category not expressly mentioned above as for equipment and such... further illumination would be helpful so that i might be ready to face the seafaring accountants... errr...
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 15:08 UTC
We're calling him Numbers Guy. grin

And I'm a fan of the soft start.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 15:20 UTC
Next - because it also came up ...

There are certain artificial aspects am going to need to maintain just to keep the game sane, especially with nine player characters. I can't have nine individual storylines running at once ... we are here to play together, right?

I recommend that you do try to stay in a group. You all may have other places to stay - the church, a guildhall, your home up the road - but for sanity's sake I recommend staying at the same place, the same tavern ...

There's an old story from College that may have some bearing in this:

We had just spent three nights creating our characters, setting up their backgrounds. Finally, we got together at the game club room, and I started the opening scenario:

"It's morning, and everyone is having breakfast at the Amber Inn."

All the players nod and await for me to continue. I start to speak and then,

"Not me! I have a house in town!"

I blinked and noted that the adventure started at the tavern. I took a deep breath and started over,

"It's morning, and everyone is having breakfast at the Amber Inn, and ..."

"Except me! I'm at my house."

I put on my this is the Gamemaster hat and repeated for a third time.

"But its morning and everyone is at the Amber Inn."

"I'm waking up at home, right?"

I paused, nodded, gave in and said of course. at home

"Okay, everyone else is at the Amber Inn and the sheriff enters looking about the tavern, as if he were searching for someone in particular, his features bearing a very, very worried look ...

And then went on with the start of the night's adventure. About an hour in there's a question.

"But what about me?"

"You ate breakfast at home and had a quiet day."

Which is a real shame. On top of everything else, the innkeeper's wife at the Amber Inn makes a wonderful breakfast.

Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 15:23 UTC
Hmmm. Maybe I need to emblazon his surcoat with this symbol or get one of these tattoos:

Attached picture Pi1.JPG
Attached picture Pi2.JPG
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Wed 26/10/11 15:32 UTC
Originally Posted by Wolf
Next - because it also came up ...

There are certain artificial aspects am going to need to maintain just to keep the game sane, especially with nine player characters. I can't have nine individual storylines running at once ... we are here to play together, right?

I recommend that you do try to stay in a group. You all may have other places to stay - the church, a guildhall, your home up the road - but for sanity's sake I recommend staying at the same place, the same tavern ...

There's an old story from College that may have some bearing in this:

We had just spent three nights creating our characters, setting up their backgrounds. Finally, we got together at the game club room, and I started the opening scenario:

"It's morning, and everyone is having breakfast at the Amber Inn."

All the players nod and await for me to continue. I start to speak and then,

"Not me! I have a house in town!"

I blinked and noted that the adventure started at the tavern. I took a deep breath and started over,

"It's morning, and everyone is having breakfast at the Amber Inn, and ..."

"Except me! I'm at my house."

I put on my this is the Gamemaster hat and repeated for a third time.

"But its morning and everyone is at the Amber Inn."

"I'm waking up at home, right?"

I paused, nodded, gave in and said of course. at home

"Okay, everyone else is at the Amber Inn and the sheriff enters looking about the tavern, as if he were searching for someone in particular, his features bearing a very, very worried look ...

And then went on with the start of the night's adventure. About an hour in there's a question.

"But what about me?"

"You ate breakfast at home and had a quiet day."

Which is a real shame. On top of everything else, the innkeeper's wife at the Amber Inn makes a wonderful breakfast.

I would tend to not want to split apart unless its neccessary in the flow of things. The way I would put it is. . the character can often do multiple things which are, in the end, in character; the one that needs choosing is the one which helps move the plot forward out of that subset.

Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Thu 27/10/11 12:32 UTC
I have long term goals - and they are 'long term'. Besides it might be good to get help in the future in achieving them as we continue down the plot road and get to hopefully know and trust each other! grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Thu 27/10/11 16:09 UTC
What if the characters are the sort nobody would want to eat breakfast with? <g>

We are all gathered in the inn, poking fun at Louis the ratcatcher, who is sitting off by himself and looking infinitely sad. And smelling infinitely ratlike, as well. Hence the isolation.

"He looks lonely," Arabella said.

"He should bathe," Darius rejoined.

"The rats seem to like him."

"Yes they do. They are singing little rat tunes for his enjoyment. But we are not rats."

"Feelings," Arabella crooned. "Nothing more than feelings.."

Darius joined her. "Trying to forget, my feelings of luh-huv."

Louis looked once, then put his fingers in his ears. Even ratcatchers have some pride.

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 27/10/11 18:38 UTC
...one must always be careful, lest one gets served for breakfast a nice big plate of just desserts ...

Meanwhile, outside, as the sun she slowly rose, there was a rat! With whiskers long and tail bare, its black fur splootchy in awful critter ways, the fel beast easily snapped the neck of Mergatroid, Darius's fine Amber bred and Kierkegaard trained destrier, tossing it's lifeless equine body as a ruff might a fetching stick.

Of course, with his fingers in his ears, Louis couldn't hear - as is his profession - his traditional prey sneak up upon the tavern.

The first hint Darius had that something was wrong was when Mergie's chamfron came sailing through the window.

Unfortunately, Mergie's head was still attached.

Of course, being an out of town and slightly self-righteous Knight from Talantal ...

... Darius didn't quite realize how big the rats from the Dirkwood Forest grew to be.

Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Thu 27/10/11 20:25 UTC
Memo to self: Stay away from Dirkwood Forest; never mock the rat catchers.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 27/10/11 23:23 UTC
Everyone's character sheet should now be updated; some folks are still missing a few common spells.

Which leaves me to write the "One Day Out starting posts."

Thanks!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Thu 27/10/11 23:26 UTC
Was I one of the ones missing anything?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 28/10/11 01:53 UTC
Art - 2 points worth of common spells! More stuff!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 28/10/11 13:15 UTC
Dere you go.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 28/10/11 22:22 UTC
And there we go!

Remember, this is for you to stretch your legs, meet some of your compatriots. It is low key; I will chime in every now and then with an NPC comment but do not wait for them to respond; these are more your threads then mine.

Nikki - your private message box is full, so I couldn't send you a small piece of important starting information.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 30/10/11 20:00 UTC
Since Kelly asked there's a new file added to the Reference files.

The primary Heartwood runes - these are not all the runes, but the most used or most important, updated for this incarnation!
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sun 30/10/11 21:15 UTC
As this is the first time I've heard Runes mentioned, is this something I am supposed to know?
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 30/10/11 21:38 UTC
One of the dangers of living with the GM.

"These are the Runes for your Cult."

"Oh yeah? Cool. Now I want to see all the Runes."

He should know better by now. I AM Super OCD Woman, after all. grin

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 30/10/11 22:55 UTC
zeim .... look behind the word New Jvrill on your cult file!

They are not decoration!
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Mon 31/10/11 15:15 UTC
Just a quick comment, and a good one ...

Folks are slowly starting to realize that when something comes up that they think they may know more about or something they may be able to figure out, that I enjoy getting private questions about the play and answering them.

For me it shows an interest in the game and a way to offer interesting insights into the game. Always ask - the world's big enough that there's no way possible to send a file with everything any one person knows.

Now of course in may cases the answer may be "Your character wouldn't know about that". It happens ... there's a lot of hidden stuff out there even the most connected character might not know. Don't let that stop you smile

And last, if I ever answer such a request with:

"That's a good question."

Please don't take this as a non-answer. What it usually means is you have stumbled across something very interesting that's definitely worth investigating In-Character within the Game.

Those are usually the best questions.
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Mon 31/10/11 18:29 UTC
Ividia - Just wanted to clarify. She may have heard what Mikal said the way she took it, but it's not really what he said. He used the word "honour" in terms of fulfilling his word, not so much as a character trait. And he did not really say he was doing anything for the "greater good", just helping those in need, when he has a choice, in preference of those whose needs are mostly met.

I guess it might come to the same thing in the end, but he doesn't look at it that way. wink

Still, if she's not used to shades of meanings of words it's understandable.
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Mon 31/10/11 18:37 UTC
Zeim,

I get that. Darian not so much. It is a very different view point than her own and of her clan/Pack.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Tue 01/11/11 23:26 UTC
Wolf has a dead computer, so his presence here will be sparse until it gets repaired. And yet he seems to be logged in. Ah! The Xoom. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Tue 01/11/11 23:27 UTC
We'll try not to make too much of a mess...
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Tue 01/11/11 23:35 UTC
Oh, heck... Jim was tossing grenades into the Inn the other night and I was strafing the whole place from my Al'kesh! How much worse can we make it? weg

Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Tue 01/11/11 23:37 UTC
Kel, do you really want to know?
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Tue 01/11/11 23:56 UTC
I'm always interested in new ways to wreak havoc. heh heh heh

Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 13:32 UTC
OOC- eastbound thread- celi had directed a conversation opener to the GM's NPC- didn't want it to get lost in the rush of posting we are doing. it'd back a page(if you use the default format for number of posts on a page)
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 20:35 UTC
Oh, a game mechanic issue that I just remembered because of a question I just received.

A hit location can only have a heal spell cast on it once per hour. This prevents folks from chain or group casting a heal 1 over and over to get the same effect as a heal 6.

The heal 1 most sword using folks have is designed to keep you from dying, not to get you back on your feet semi-instantly. That's what a Comfrey is for.

Heal 1 basically stops bleeding, seals the wound, prevents infection and thus, no maggots.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 20:41 UTC
... also ... IF I can get a proper type machine this weekend the first Cragside posts will go up!
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 20:52 UTC
Chrome is installed on the movie computer. grin

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 21:01 UTC
... also ... IF I can get a proper type machine this weekend the first Cragside posts will go up!
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 21:10 UTC
well, here's to hoping we get things tied up in the opening scenes<g>
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 21:13 UTC
or people

<oops did I say that out loud?>
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 21:34 UTC
<whaps Wolf>

That machine is proper enough for posting to DL. Yeah, yeah, yeah... it's garbage for WoW and SL.

Pretty sure these people here care more about DL. Probably. Unless they're insane. Which is always possible with this group.

grin

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 03/11/11 21:49 UTC
Well if you want I can tie everyone up and deliver them to Cragside ...

On the other hand I did say 1 week for the introduction posts, and that's up tomorrow smile
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 04/11/11 01:03 UTC
Daxia does not wish to be tied up. I asked her. She said some things that can't be posted in a PG-13 forum, plus some stuff in other languages. (I'm pretty sure Moira was feeding her the Irish stuff, but I have no idea where she picked up the German and Spanish and Yiddish. Oh. Right. Plucked them right out of my brain. Great.)

Ixnay ethay opesray, esyay?

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 04/11/11 02:07 UTC
Well, Kadri is a Squirmy little Gal. Might be hard to keep tied up.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 04/11/11 02:45 UTC
She does give that impression of squirminess, yes. Hmmm.

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 04/11/11 03:13 UTC
Important Clarification

I did say that friendly NPCs can be expected to undertake normal, logical tasks when requested. For example, unless under extenuating circumstances, if you ask a barkeep for a drink, you can expect to get your drink. That manner of normal interaction.

She decided to give it another try. She rose, put an expression of solemn determination on her face, and headed back toward the innkeeper. *His* expression of relief, so full on his face when she had retreated, now turned guarded when she started back in his direction.

That said, please do not post attitudes, opinions or other qualitative emotional states for the NPCs. What they are thinking as they do their jobs is in my domain.

I know this is a fuzzy gray line, and I could have been more clear when I first put this forth, so in this case no foul, no fault.

I just wanted to make this clear so it doesn't happen again!

Thanks!
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 04/11/11 21:57 UTC
Next Important Clarification

As one of you just found out occasionally I will ask permission to reference or use a character in a minor way to avoid a non-essential delay in the story and to be able to move on to a point where your actually have a real effect.

Whenever you see this occurring you can be assured that I always ask permission first of the player and explain, in general, why I am wishing this favor and what it in general entails.

If this happens to you, please remember you can always say no.

For example: You wish to talk to a Noble that one member of the party knows. I might ask if it is okay to use that player's connections to get past the Noble's Honor Guard and directly to the conversation with the Noble.

Thanks!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 04/11/11 23:50 UTC
In other words, you will try to act as a facilitator.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sat 05/11/11 18:16 UTC
The Cragside opening scene is drafted ... we just need one final conversation wrapped up!

Thanks!
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Sat 05/11/11 19:46 UTC
and for clarity sake- that conversation is nicki and ividia, right? the one currently waiting on nicki to reply!
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 05/11/11 19:54 UTC
Yes. (Wolf is very busy watching some strange movie. I don't even wanna know. Going back to updating my blog. grin )

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 06/11/11 18:27 UTC
We are now in the Introduction thread; the time is a bit after sunset, and there are two messages - the edited "on hold" message (don't reply to it) and then the second post where the Director (me) has just called out: "Action!"

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 06/11/11 21:48 UTC
You guys do realize ...

So far, you are letting the GIRLS fight for you, correct?

what, do they have better agents than you?
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 06/11/11 21:49 UTC
<giggle>

Yes. Yes, we do.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sun 06/11/11 21:52 UTC
<snickers>
Why can't we all get along?
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 06/11/11 22:17 UTC
We can! Well, we can try. I mean... why not, eh?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sun 06/11/11 22:21 UTC
Tell that to the footpads with weapons <points>
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 06/11/11 22:34 UTC
Fools. Sigh. Back to poking people with sharp shiny shiny.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 12:18 UTC
Quick Note:

Normally I don't post thoughts after an action-resolution post, letting them stand by themselves. However, since we are all learning each other's quirks, I thought it would help.

I posted after Conrad's proclamation, as that action turned out to be the determiner of the brigands' response - run away. They would do so quickly and immediately and Conrad can yell faster than anyone can do most anything else. I did so before Cesare and Celi, simply to keep the action flowing and apologize if they feel slighted - it wasn't meant to.

Even though I posted they "ran away", in a case like this you can always try and interrupt their escape and pursuit is always possible. If you ever feel as if you've lost a chance to do something, just ask!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 12:53 UTC
silly note (following up on the quirks) I assume people have had several conversations on their travel so far. Since I just realized my character doesn't have to be called Lady, she'd be gently suggesting she's 'just Comfrey' when called it.

just an fyi smile

Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 13:27 UTC
Was thinking the two groups hadn't meet up until just before Cragside, and in that weather... ugh, who's up for conversation, ya know? Anyway, you get to be 'Lady' to Daxia until properly introduced and insist on that 'just Comfrey' thing. grin

Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 13:28 UTC
There is a problem with posting again Wolf and that is that all the players then feel they can post again and so my character gets sidelined as I do not get a chance to respond.

Unfortunately this happens a lot when I play in a game where the vast majority of layers and the GM are all operating in the same time zone. I checked the game on Sunday afternoon, I am now here again less than 24 hours later. It is bad enough to always have to go lastin a round of posts but to be relegated to a second or third round is not acceptable to me.

So either we have a 24 hour rule in place which says that unless everyone has posted and/or 24 hours has gone past, no-one posts again or regretfully I will need to withdraw from the game.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 14:08 UTC
Again, my apologies Gypsy.

Chalk it up to being out of practice.

A 24 hour turn around is not a problem. I can also postpone my posts until just before I go to sleep, ensuring not only I collect most outstanding posts you are one of the first folks to see the new ones.
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 14:31 UTC
24 hours, or everyone posts. Check.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 14:32 UTC
Got it.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 14:37 UTC
Coolio!

Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 14:53 UTC
Works for me
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 14:57 UTC
NP.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 17:14 UTC
Thanks guys. I do appreciate this - and I do understand enthusiasm grin I have it too! smile Wanted to play in this game for years!
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 18:56 UTC
I will wait to post my second until Nicki posts her first
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 19:23 UTC
Ken - What is a 'heater' shield?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Mon 07/11/11 19:27 UTC
A heater shield is the name for the shape of a traditional knight's shield - the one with the flat top and rounded to a point bottom half.

Heater Shield

There you go!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 00:43 UTC
Forgot Nikki!
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 00:44 UTC
forgot me too- i haven't posted since mike's 2141 central time post last night-
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 01:08 UTC
Ok. Can we modify this a little to allow for some conversational things, moving the only once in 24 hours for action scenes and adopting some (Slightly) loser standard for conversational posting?
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 01:39 UTC
A thread like this might help in keeping track. . .

http://www.dreamlyrics.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=358777#Post358777
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 01:41 UTC
Just to mention a flaw in that Art, if it's an in the open conversation you're keeping folks from participating if they would wish to.

Like I gave in an example, if some are talking about health/healing issues in the open where my character could participate and I wasn't given the chance, it would be difficult to explain why not.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 01:41 UTC
fair enough conversation...

1 post per 24hr cycle or all player participation cycle or GM cycle can work in action sequences... but in conversation... things bog down very fast.

how do you balance the wants of faster players with the needs of slower players. we have 9 in this game. 9 in one group is hard. the game was sold on the premise that all speeds could participate.

i have faced this in several of my games... there's no perfect solution.

the slower players will always feel they are reacting to things already said and not really participating, whereas faster players chafe under severe restrictions.

i have suggestions but will wait for the invite from the GM
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 05:55 UTC
Speak up!
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 06:44 UTC
Just my .02. There are a number of others here with experience and maybe a collective brain storming can aid the GM as HWD goes through some growing pains that many games do on DL.

As I said 1 post per 24hrs or complete player rotation or GM posting cycle works fairly well for combat. Everyone gets an action, the GM resolves the round.

but in conversation settings, one line responses back and forth will take forever. That is just a fact of life with a 9 player game. especially at 1 post per person per rotation or GM post or one every 24 hours.

in WDA i instituted a 2 post per 24 hr rule or complete rotation of all involved players. In an INN, some people might be in different areas so I allowed them to break up a bit and that speeds things up.

with two posts in conversation, the players can get something said, get a couple responses and somebody who is held up by real life isn't too very far behind and can still participate.

if the game had 4-5 people, i sometimes allowed 3 posts per person... but this gets cumbersome real fast with 7,8, or 9 players.

no system will be perfect and no system can please everyone.

the GM maintains the ultimate clock... when the GM posts, the 24hr clock resets automatically and everyone gets a post, so it is his job to make sure everyone gets their shot before they get overrun. but in conversation, a couple posts will enable some form of conversation to take place, a little back and forth as real conversations do, and anyone who is limited by time zone difference or RL can get in a post edgewise and still feel they are contributing.

when we were in the Plainsend, people fell into a couple of groups and spoke more personally and thus the rotation for the groups can go faster.

anyone else with ideas, or things they have tried in their games?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 12:24 UTC
speaking of which, since I got confused about who was where and when in the posing we were, the clock will start with tonight's post - late tonight smile

Gypsy, what do you think of conversational posts like Jim is talking about versus GM posts on the 24 hour clock?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 12:36 UTC
I don't object as a general principle. I reckon I'm a good enough player to write a post that incorporates part of a conversation that I have missed. The only problem comes when that conversation is happening around a character and it is a 'hot' topic for them - but the GM knows the characters and may need to 'slow' things down on occasion. smile

I really don't want to impose rules or restrictions on anyone. But there is a difference in my case. It is not RL intervening occasionally - I would expect to be posted past if I didn't post one day - but for me it is prety much =every= day. I post at lunch times most days.. I pick up all the USA evening and very early morning posts and respond. Then most of you guys go off to work. I often check back later (early evening my time/afternoon yours) to find maybe one post, possibly two but not enough for me to post again. I then sleep, go to work.. whilst all of you are actively playing. And the cycle repeats.

So let's try the 2 (player only) post conversational approach - though it will mean I will get to post only once to everyone else's twice - unless I talk to myself! lol It's been known! grin

Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 12:39 UTC
Separate threads really help BTW - even for short conversations - it helps to remind others that they cannot hear the conversation taking place and then those players are free to move at their own pace.

And BTW I would like to thank Kel and Art in the first thread who did generally give me the opportunity to post before moving on. smile
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 13:07 UTC
(I talk to myself all the time. I don't see that as a problem. lol )

I honestly have no idea how one would manage to keep such a large group in sync in an online game. That would be why I had three or four separate "themes" (that were meant to eventually merge) going on ECL to accommodate all the different players' posting frequencies and time zones. The only experience I have keeping a large (ish) group together is back in my FTF D&D days... and that's a whole different animal.

I know Wolf is dead set against splitting the party (which makes absolute sense). So. Whatever posting conventions Wolf decides upon, I will follow along. That's not to say I won't be twitching, of course. And it means another document for Super OCD Woman to add to her repertoire. Whee!! (Dag nabbit, HWD was supposed to be a non-OCD game. No, no... it's ok. I still have a chance with WWB. I hope.)

Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 13:12 UTC
Yes, Sis has several voices in her head though one seems to demand more attention than the others.

And, don't worry, I will twitch along with you. wink
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 14:58 UTC
There's no perfect solution. In combat, the restrictions listed are good as it is worse to allow an unequal number of posts.

In conversation, the best I have seen is to either have separate threads (which can get cumbersome for the GM, but is a cleaner solution) or as Jim did in WDA to have people post the names of the people in their small group discussion at the top of their reply, next to their pc name:

Example:

<Mikal> - with Darian, Comfrey, and Conrad

But to Gypsy's point, the GM would need to make sure to monitor and tell the small discussion group to stop and let another player post if he knows the topic is a hot-button item for that player. Even then, a small group of velociposters can run off before the GM can intervene, so some sort of overall daily limit is probably a good idea.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 15:08 UTC
here is something i have done with DFR- all 9 characters in one thread, and then sub grouped them so they could mingle around and yet have some separation.

all of this requires the players help the GM and keep the sanity.

in conversational places, like on the trail, where we spread out a bit on the road... or in an inn... wolf can keep one thread, and allow players to sub group a little- they must designate in their header who is with them, each of them... Camelia with Comfrey and then raven posts- Comfrey with Camelia

It becomes fuild and players have to be respectful of others but it allows for them to post a bit with a shorter cycle, and for those who don't have that luxury- you deal with it and later you might be in a faster one-

every player is important and everyone has something cool to add and share- i can only gauge that by what i have seen so far- and wolf spent too much time working characters not to have a blend in mind where everyone has something to add to a greater epic... the twisting of fate where there is no such thing as coincidence.

enough melodramatic drivel-

so, a group on the road might be riding two by two- and two's can talk... and those pairs or threes(as the case may be) can vary... information spreads.

in an inn setting, corners of the room. like at Plainsend- mikal and darian- elsewhere- squire, comfrey, camelia.

we keep to one group and one plot as wolf wants but we don't always have to be in each others pocket as though we were sitting around one big campfire and somebody has to have the speaking stick in order to say something.

i truly hope i am not stepping over my boundaries. I know wolf is an excellent GM. i think if this were a crappy game and he was a crappy gm, then we all wouldn't care so much and want to get the most out of it we could.

Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 15:10 UTC
doh- zeim is right- i alsop did that with wda which had 9 players as well in one group- and he brought up the very idea i highlighted in my post below his.... thanks zeim for some backup on that
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 15:16 UTC
the sub groupings have worked well, both in DFR and other games

on the scale Mikal and Darian were conversating, it was a personal get to know you kind of thing

the talking happening around the victim already seems to involve a few players and potential decisions that can affect the path of all

I'm very much enjoying getting to know Darian and am having to take time with posts to keep in character.

- and Ken and I haven't spoken once this game yet wink
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 15:16 UTC
reading the current scene from the above suggested perspective- players would likely need to put some descriptive info in their headers to designate where they are if the scene is such like an open courtyard with streets and alleys leading from it, so that those going places to investigate or sneak are clear where they are... that will allow everyone to know if they are close enough to be in a group-

Comfrey, alley with dying man

Darian, walking street towards Inn

and as the King of Siam is want to say... etcetera etcetera etcetera
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 15:26 UTC
PP - I realize what I need to do. However, I am rather confused over the entire thing and awaiting information.

Therefore that is what I will do.

No, I can't add anything right now. I am sorry it appears I'm holding up things.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 15:32 UTC
more things occur to me... as for the GM, and this has happened to me recently- where I am needed to add a little more detail for a particular player whose action depends on a small GM post- I try to remember to say that I am not resetting the conversation counter since it isn't a larger post- just a small aDD on to help move things along

add on, not ass on... sheesh... maybe i should turn on a light so I can see my keyboard better!
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 15:41 UTC
(Psst. Jim. Interesting typo. wink )

There's undoubtedly something Daxia could/would do... however, now I'm too paranoid to post anything until after Wolf posts again. smile

Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 15:48 UTC
WOW! Didn't know the "Speaking Stick" was so universally well known smile
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 16:22 UTC
yikes!
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 19:23 UTC
What I would like to see is a posting pattern that allows everyone to participate in a meaningful way with and still keep things sane with such a large party group.

And thus all your folks input is important; and so far it all sounds very reasonable wink
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 19:39 UTC
I think it mostly comes down to everyone being courteous and taking an extra minute to see if everybody has had a turn to go before they jump in again. And then the GM checking up to make sure no one gets left out.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 19:58 UTC
Super OCD Woman has already created the spreadsheet for the GM to check.

Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Tue 08/11/11 20:21 UTC
Again, trying to be helpful and put the current thoughts in a form for easier readability and better comprehension:

define the posting rules and conventions as their own thread, so that it is clear for everyone... and yet allows the GM the ability to be flexible as he sees fit.

when the GM defines that the group is in action mode- we go to 1 post per 24/ with the GM posting a resolution and update to the scene. GM post resets the clock. (The GM may be asked for clarifications- these replies don't reset the clock unless GM says so)

When the GM defines that the group is in group mode- 2 posts per 24hr period reset by either a complete rotation of players getting at least one post in; or the GM posting an update to indicate he resets the clock.

Large group dynamics- Character need to define, in their post header; their name and either where they are in terms of setting, or who they are with for conversation purposes. This will allow the GM to determine who is where and who might see/hear/know whatever it is that the GM wants them to know- plus help establish who is in what naturally occurring sub-groups. With GM approval only, sub-groups might operate within themselves for posting rotation purposes.

The GM reserves the right to hold any conversation sequence in place to allow a player to interact regardless of the number of posts currently on the counter.

GM is responsible for monitoring the threads to ensure that no one gets overrun. He may ask the players to assist on an honor basis and remind them that it is everyone's responsibility to ensure everyone gets to participate... an unhappy GM means less fun for everyone.

with GM approval- players may request a hold on a conversation while they ask for GM clarification so they don't get overrun. by posting into current thread, they create a spacer they can edit later with their post so it is fitted into the sequence that they would have posted had they had the info available to them immediately.

This is a co-operative storytelling adventure. Everyone plays a role and everyone is important to the story.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 09/11/11 14:24 UTC
Originally Posted by Phoenix Prime
Again, trying to be helpful and put the current thoughts in a form for easier readability and better comprehension:

define the posting rules and conventions as their own thread, so that it is clear for everyone... and yet allows the GM the ability to be flexible as he sees fit.

when the GM defines that the group is in action mode- we go to 1 post per 24/ with the GM posting a resolution and update to the scene. GM post resets the clock. (The GM may be asked for clarifications- these replies don't reset the clock unless GM says so)

GM posts made during the week that effect the entire group just before the GM heads off to sleep that day. If there are outstanding private questions I will try (I may not always be successful) and answer them in time so if someone needs to add a post responding to the private question it can be done. This may result in a weeknight post being put off till the next day to allow folks to respond to the other character's update.

MAJOR ACTION POSTS that require a detailed response to The Cast <grin> that cannot be resolved in a single move-the-action-forward-post will be written up and posted on the weekends.

A good example of this is the difference between last night's post with the arrival of the Town Guard (small move the scene along post) and the dual prologue posts (major action posts), where everyone had their own individual actions to resolve.

When the GM defines that the group is in group mode- 2 posts per 24hr period reset by either a complete rotation of players getting at least one post in; or the GM posting an update to indicate he resets the clock.

My posts will be similar to the above. Just know, that if the conversations or minor actions shatter in a nine different directions things will, necessarily slow down.

Large group dynamics- Character need to define, in their post header; their name and either where they are in terms of setting, or who they are with for conversation purposes. This will allow the GM to determine who is where and who might see/hear/know whatever it is that the GM wants them to know- plus help establish who is in what naturally occurring sub-groups. With GM approval only, sub-groups might operate within themselves for posting rotation purposes.

The GM reserves the right to hold any conversation sequence in place to allow a player to interact regardless of the number of posts currently on the counter.

The GM thinks this is a good place to say this. A good post ALWAYS includes an action that moves the play forward. This is true for both me the GM and you the players. For example last night's post could have ended in two different ways.

Ending No. 1: The Posts ends when Darian first spotted the approaching figures.

Ending No. 2: The post ends with the Guards addressing the Cast.

Ending No. 1 could become problematic; while it does provide something to react to, at the earliest time, a legitimate response from the party could be "we stop and see what they do" which then results in a round of posts where ... nothing actually gets accomplished!

Ending No. 2 moves the scene just enough forward to provide a positive action for folks to respond to that has bearing on the play.

Now I admit this is a tricky thing to balance, but it should be in the back of everyone mind when they play. I promise not to overrun you guys in such a case - it's all a matter of that dangerous thing called common sense - for example if identifying of the approaching people were a major plot point, then Ending 1 would have been the correct one.

Conversation posts of course ignore this - I am a firm believer that conversations are organic and not linear. The subject goes here and there, folks fall quiet while they think, other folks poke their head in and add their two half crowns ... kind of like what happens when you put ten folks in a room and just ... talk!

Also there are times when you don't have anything to do ... whichis fine; just don't expect to be handed something in return; I am also a firm believer that the best play comes from your actions ... not me dropping things on you smile

GM is responsible for monitoring the threads to ensure that no one gets overrun. He may ask the players to assist on an honor basis and remind them that it is everyone's responsibility to ensure everyone gets to participate... an unhappy GM means less fun for everyone.

with GM approval- players may request a hold on a conversation while they ask for GM clarification so they don't get overrun. by posting into current thread, they create a spacer they can edit later with their post so it is fitted into the sequence that they would have posted had they had the info available to them immediately.

This is a co-operative storytelling adventure. Everyone plays a role and everyone is important to the story.

And most importantly, especially with a group this big, the GM wants posting to be non-stressful. This is a game - you should look forward to posting, not looking at it with trepidation.

I am much more lenient when it comes to patching things up and finding work-a-rounds in terms of posting and such.

I think someone else said it best ... be considerate, respectful and compassionate in one's posting and we should be fine.

Well you don't have to be compassionate when it comes to a Veilikii. They aren't nice folks.

And most of all, have fun.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Thu 10/11/11 01:18 UTC

• <twitch>
  • Super OCD Woman has left the building; she has, in fact, fled at a speed approaching Warp 6 back to the Clarke
  • This is too complicated for me, so I will simply post for Daxia when it seems appropriate to do so
  • Whatever happens... happens
  • I apologize in advance if I post too many times, or out of turn, and offend someone
  • <twitch>

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Thu 10/11/11 01:27 UTC
Basically, in action sequences only post once per twenty four hours or per GM post. In conversations, twice per twenty four hours or until everyone has posted. If you are in a conversation with, say, only three people that is private - in other words, the other PC's would have no reasonable way to interact, the same rules apply except only for the characters that are in that conversation.

That a reasonable summing up of the essence?

Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Thu 10/11/11 01:38 UTC
<hands over ears, eyes squeezed shut>

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

{quarter notes} I heard some people talkin' the other day, it was gettin' kind of late. They were watchin' a couple walkin' down the street and they said, "Hey! They must be straight!" {quarter notes}

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 10/11/11 05:10 UTC
Feel free to offer any words to the guards that you may wish. If you as a question of them I will probably post a quick reply once I have read it.

If you decide to enter the Hart and Horse you may assume there is a good sized commons hall immediately beyond the door!

If you enter, I need a favor. i'd like to have a nice physical description of your character as part of your post as you enter the tavern.

Thanks!
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Thu 10/11/11 12:30 UTC
Will wait on any posting to the Hart and Horse in case there is a round of posting from Ken and Raven as we walk... and this will let others do their entrances and descriptions as requested.

Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Thu 10/11/11 14:32 UTC
I already see people who've posted more than twice in 24 hours and more than twice between GM posts, and these rules are a bit complicated even for me, and I am "Numbers Guy".

I think the main thing is be considerate and if it is reasonably clear that someone is standing with you, let them post before you run so far ahead they can't catch up.

If you're talking (just talking) one-on-one with somebody, with nobody else around, I don't see any need for a limit.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Thu 10/11/11 14:39 UTC
>>>If you're talking (just talking) one-on-one with somebody, with nobody else around, I don't see any need for a limit.

this is the sub group aspect that you are seeing in the posts you believe violate the 24 hr rule- people in a group by themselves posting in rotation- and that is why they post the additions to their header.

as far as what is reasonably clear- without some defined criteria- your definition might not be the same as the person who can't post but once a day
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 00:24 UTC
I'm putting this here since it's the closest thing we have to an OOC thread.

The Months:

1 Tiger
2 Horse
3 Poet
4 Dragon
5 Fates
6 Scholar
7 Yrick
8 Raven
9 Crown of Ice
10 Wolf
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 00:53 UTC
Days of the Week:

first- Rameday
second- Hasday
third- Attaday
fourth- Marketday
fifth- Restday

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 06:43 UTC
Great idea - added them to the reference post. Thanks!
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 13:36 UTC
Does KAdri have any reason to recognize Camellia if she looks that way? And have any feelings about that recognition if it is there one way or the other?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 14:05 UTC
No, Kadri has never seen Camelia before smile
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 14:11 UTC
Ok. Peachy. Just needed to know if there was anything SHE would know about the situation that I don't know about it that woudl color her reaction. Because it seems like just about everyone ELSE here does.
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 14:18 UTC
Well, I presume it has to do with the second set of italicized text in the initial Introduction GM post.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 14:35 UTC
Oh, don't worry. Daxia is even more clueless than you are, Art.

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 16:05 UTC
It's not even a day into the scenario to introduce you to everything ...

you are SUPPOSED to be clueless ... its at the end of the scenario when you should be cluefull!

*grin*
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 16:09 UTC
Yeah, don't count on that.

Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 16:10 UTC
Sis, step away from the spreadsheets.... grin
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 16:32 UTC
Actually ... the Captain's sword isn't the gunmetal blue like Darksteel.

Of all things it looks like cold iron.
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 16:40 UTC
oh, NOW you say that...
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 16:42 UTC
its okay ... an easy first mistake. who the heck carries a sword like that?
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 16:48 UTC
Somebody who spends their time fighting faerie?
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 17:08 UTC
I don't have any spreadsheets. Gave 'em up. All I have is a list of expressions peculiar to Dawnview Vale.

Which would be why I will still be clueless at the end of the scenario.

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 22:40 UTC
Oh, its fine to be clueless, I just wanted to make sure she actually WAS.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 22:48 UTC
I'm happily clueless. Wait, no, you mean our CHARACTERS are.
Got it.

I think.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 11/11/11 22:52 UTC
Oh, no. *I* am clueless. Daxia isn't quite. At least she recognizes WHAT the Captain is... even though she doesn't know WHO she is.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 12/11/11 18:03 UTC
Daxia has no further reactions, nor does she have anything to say, until the family reunion is over. She is just watching, listening.

Leaving in a few hours for my concert and will be gone til about 10p EST.

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sun 13/11/11 16:10 UTC
Kadri, Ceasare, Camellia, Comfrey, Camellia, Celi, . . .

Save for Our M and D, its a C-K world.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 13/11/11 17:01 UTC
The Heartwood

Brought to you by the letter C and the numbers 3 and 9
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Tue 15/11/11 00:08 UTC
Love things, Wolf.
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Tue 15/11/11 00:20 UTC
As long as we don't get approached by a big yellow bird wearing a tie we'll be fine. smile
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Tue 15/11/11 00:50 UTC
Having great fun, Wolf.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Tue 15/11/11 03:08 UTC
That big yellow bird shows up, and he's dinner for the whole bloody group for a month.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 17/11/11 11:41 UTC
Thursday and Friday to wrap up commons room conversations. I'd like the weekend post to be the activities of the next morning!
Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Fri 18/11/11 20:36 UTC
Nicki? Is Celi talking to Darian or Mikal? Mikal's horse is a mare I believe....
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Fri 18/11/11 23:56 UTC
Yes. No one rides stallions. They get distracted too easily and get into fights all the time. Not good to be riding into battle and your horse gets all horny. And gelding makes me shudder. grin
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 03:46 UTC
Oh dear me oh my. Indeed, indeed. Crazy people ride stallions.
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 03:59 UTC
“'But I don’t want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can’t help that,' said the Cat. 'We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.'
'How do you know I’m mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,” said the Cat. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 04:55 UTC
Oh, gods help us... first in CLK, then in PM, now in HWD. Carroll is mild. It's going to get REALLY bad when he starts quoting Kipling.

<readies zat'nik'tel>

Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 05:01 UTC
responding encourages the madness...just step away and ignore
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 05:15 UTC
But I like shooting things. weg

Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 12:01 UTC
YOu think Kipling is the end point?<EG>
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 13:21 UTC
Kipling is the ending and the beginning...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 14:41 UTC
I got sideways between Darian and Mikal, trying to have two conversations at once. I think I have edited the post to clarify. And thank you guys for pointing that out. I would have blithely continued on, wondering why the blank looks were so frequent...<g>.

The enormous gaps between posts (because of all the other conversations going on at the same time) eat me up sometimes, when I can't just snap back and forth between your post and the reply box to maintain my flow of thought and keep my responses apropos.

I am getting better, I promise <g>.

Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 16:40 UTC
Gotta admit this huge thread with so many conversations going on is pretty confusing, so, um, Super OCD Woman just cuts and pastes the relevant parts from Wolf's posts plus Jim's and Gypsy's posts into a document (Google Docs only because I post from home and the place that gives me money; otherwise it would be a simple Notepad file) just so I know where Daxia is in the conversation and what's been said previously. Not that I don't care what the rest of y'all are doing. grin It's just that Daxia can't hear you (but she's watching you all... heh heh heh), so there's no need to keep track of all y'all.
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 17:09 UTC
When replying to something a bit back, quoting it can help
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 17:30 UTC
Kel - That's funny. I do that too. I start reading wherever I left off and anything someone says I think I need to account for or reply to in a post I copy-n-paste into the reply box and then sit and start writing my replies with all that stuff sitting there for me to refer to. As I reply to each piece I delete it from the reply box.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 17:41 UTC
Yah, yah!! Except I do my replies in Notepad first because I can save if I find I need to step away from the computer for some reason.

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 21:10 UTC
There are times when a thread will submerge into private messages ...

Most times this is not as much to keep information secret, but to allow folks, upon their return to each other, to be able to be the first to tell the other members of the party what happened ... in their own voice.

I find it a lot more fun than just having the GM tell things side screen smile

The next morning posts are being drafted as I type. Right now we have, come morning:

Daxia: going to the town center.

Conrad + Comfrey: bound for the Temples, to escort Comfrey to the Hospice.

Darian: selling furs at the Merchants barn (pieced together from previous questions).

Celi, Cesare, Kadri, Mikal, Camelia: If I don't hear anything specific in the next 8 hours, I may just toss you out into the streets!

Oh, and yes, by dawn the rain will have stopped; its a brisk but nice sunny morning.

thanks!

Posted By: ividia Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 21:34 UTC
so Daxia and Darian will happen to be walking in the same direction come morning?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 21:46 UTC
Daxia, Darian, Conrad and Comfrey .. though not necessarily at the same time; and slightly different destinations.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 21:54 UTC
Not gonna be sunny until Daxia's on the way back, though. grin Sunrise. AT THE WELL. Taking a little walk in the pre-dawn twilight time. Lovely time of day, even if it is a bit brisk. But hey, that's why those of us who live in the mountains have those warm and toasty Kierkegaard cloaks, eh?

Would seem D & D will be walking the same path. Lovely. smile

Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 21:57 UTC
So nice when alliteratives stick together <g>
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sat 19/11/11 22:28 UTC
I think so, too. Poor Mikal, though... all alone with the Letter M. He could come over to the Clarke and be Moira's friend.
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 00:10 UTC
Mikal's just a nickname. But still, his given name doesn't match anyone either smile

Wolf - I had posted this in one of my messages, but it was a bit vague, so to be clear.

Mikal - Come morning Mikal planned to visit the Guildhouse and see if he could find the guard who'd recognized him at the gate and also to check to see if any open contracts are posted. Lastly to see if there's anyone there he might take some training with.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 00:27 UTC
Oh, we have 865 crew members and 9 (soon to be 10) passengers. I'm sure we could find an alliterative group for him using either his nickname or his given name. smile

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 17:20 UTC
Okay folks ...

I am about to start weaving together the next turn. in general the events can be considered simultaneous; or at least separate enough that those in their own unique threads will not meet the others in the party until their particular thread is resolved.

There is one exception - Kadri's solo private thread occurs BEFORE the Conrad-Comfrey-Camelia and Kadri's trip to the hospice.

Some of you have been put into groups based on mere scrappets of information - Celi mentioning looking for work in the town, Darian looking for someone to buy her furs.

I added Camelia to the Conrad-Comfrey-Kadri group because she mentioned she needed to talk with them and Conrad was looking to her well being - and Dandy, the key to her past, is currently unavailable.

Cesare, I hope you don't mind me moving you out to the street; it got you to where you needed to be; if that's a problem I apologize.

This is a complex weaving of posts ...

it may be, after this post, folks may wish to gather and discuss what happened.

While I cannot and will not place my wishes on what you want to do; these are your characters and you decide their fate ... I will offer this humble suggestion:

You may find it most interesting to reconvene at the Hart and Horse - its the one place everyone knows - and exchange your experiences all together at the same time.

If you wish to do this there is nothing that will happen on my side that would prevent a gathering together back at the tavern around halfway between dawn and noon.

As always, its your choice!

Thanks!

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 17:22 UTC
Oh yes!

Those of you in groups should feel free to hold whatever conversations (such as Camelia's talk with Comfrey) you wish on your way to your particular destinations!
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 18:05 UTC
<wishes she still had the marble rolling pin... will have to make do with mallet for bashing Wolf over the head>

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 18:49 UTC
<i think thats a hint she wants you all to get back together asap>
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 19:34 UTC
Questions. Where does kadri join us three? You mention she has an intial pm to resolve or some such and then joins us. But the actual pm left me uncertain.

And do we lead in to the on the road conversation even though the gm moved right up to the hospice... If so, then someone needs to get us started. I am away at a dog show right now... Just text typing this msg took a long time
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 19:36 UTC
Bah! Who needs hints? I could just say, "YO! Alla youse! Back ta da Inn, asap!" (Apropos of nothing, I think the Marathon for this holiday season is going to be The Sopranos.)

No, no, my love... that was me feeling like whapping you upside the head. grin

Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 19:42 UTC
Nevermind... Raven took care of it right and proper.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 19:44 UTC
<laughs> Not sure if that's the right way to phrase it or not... but thank you PP
Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 20:02 UTC
OOC: Hey Wolf, just a bit of confusion.

Are we suppose to start our posts from breakfast and work out way to the time period of the end of your PM or are we suppose to start our posts at the point of time at the end of your PM?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 23:16 UTC
either is fine by me ...

if you want to talk about things before you get to the Hospice, go for it ....

if you want to wait until after thats fine too.
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 23:17 UTC
And kadri joins the group as they finish breakfast.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Sun 20/11/11 23:48 UTC
I prefer raven's lead, since I answered it- we're at breakfast for a few posts, quiet amongst ourselves... the three of us... and we get a few posts in while art plays his PM and then we join up on the walk- 'catching up' to wolf's thread course and find ourselves at the hospice. for the welcoming.

Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Mon 21/11/11 00:53 UTC
Works for me.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: HWD: Status - Mon 21/11/11 13:48 UTC
No problem Wolf. I had posted I was likely to be absent at the weekend with guests which increased by 50% over the weekend and extending their stay into Sunday evening - nice to be popular! grin But I had plans for the afternoon/evening <sigh>. Back now though. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HWD: Status - Wed 23/11/11 02:10 UTC
As I posted earlier in availability I will not be in evidence much until Monday. My visits will be brief, and I will be unable to properly keep up with the posts I'm seeing here. I refuse to be a reason for slowing a game such as this.

In part due to that I will be withdrawing from the game. Feel free to keep her as an npc or whatever else you might want to do.

Thank you for the opportunity.
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Wed 23/11/11 02:21 UTC
No, no... stay! sad

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 23/11/11 14:41 UTC
One way or another this will need some time to mull over to determine the best manner of moving forward, so i ask a bit of patience and flexibility from all of you!

Thanks!
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Wed 23/11/11 15:56 UTC
are we on hold then?
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Wed 23/11/11 16:08 UTC
Nope!

Comfrey can, at this point, be summoned away off screen to duties at the Hospice or other legitimate Atteran task until we sort this out.

Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Thu 24/11/11 12:32 UTC
Wolf,

Is there any information on this Mark that those of us who have lived/worked in Cragside know?
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Thu 24/11/11 12:38 UTC
AYe.
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Thu 24/11/11 12:52 UTC
Now we need another round of gypsy and we have completed the first dingding ding round of entertainment.
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Thu 24/11/11 15:56 UTC
So that's what happens when we get kicked off DL for a couple of hours? All the prose backs up and then spews out in one big burst. smile
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Thu 24/11/11 17:39 UTC
sorry... my bad then
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Thu 24/11/11 17:41 UTC
Hehe. Not the only guilty party<G>
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Thu 24/11/11 17:45 UTC
I logged on and saw only 5 new posts, so I figured I could read them in a minute or two...... WRONG smile
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Thu 24/11/11 17:50 UTC
among my many faults this past week
Posted By: KenSeg Re: HWD: Status - Fri 25/11/11 01:09 UTC
Wolf,

A good question was brought up. Since we lack knowledge of this darksteel key, is there anyone in town or the Rock that is considered a wise councilor or someone who might have knowledge of such things?
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Fri 25/11/11 01:10 UTC
Who would know about Darksteel, an armourer/swordsmith? Who do you get to "magik" it up?
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Fri 25/11/11 01:20 UTC
Heh. Daxia knows a darksteel swordsmith. Too bad he's been dead for 20 years. Sigh.

Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Sat 26/11/11 14:11 UTC
I have been following the very interesting discussions, which is a good thing.

I have noticed, however, that at the moment there have been many suggestions on what to you wish to do next, there are no action posts that say exactly what you are going to do now.

If his is what you wish, then its fine.

I shall wait either until this evening OR one more round of posts by all before putting together the weekend turn.

As you talk, whats going on in Cragside will continue to go on around you, both seen and unseen and before you know it She will be high in the sky, to begin her path down to sleep.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Sat 26/11/11 14:25 UTC
understood sir.

and Gypsy- you indicated that you wouldn't get to post on saturday, but if you do pop in I will respond with a post for conversation. some back and forth. Not sure if you will even see this msg.
Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sun 27/11/11 01:48 UTC
OK, thought to put something here to keep it out of Shout and the main thread. It sounded like the latest version of the plan had us breaking into 4 groups:

1 - Comfrey + Camelia + Conrad - Going to Punched Penny to pick up girl
2 - Kadri + ? - Looking for warehouse that might fit key
3 - Cesare + Darian - following up on wounded man
4 - Mikal + ? - Going to Guild to see about any more information regarding The Mark and their contract.

Not sure which group Celi and Daxia were joining
Posted By: Kel Re: HWD: Status - Sun 27/11/11 01:57 UTC
Daxia's with Kadri. Art will reveal to the GM the general plan of attack for seeking the appropriate warehouse to which the key belongs.

Daxia suggested that the "Imperial" would likely go up to visit Khorall Shannon, and just happen to bring the girl along.

Posted By: Zeim Re: HWD: Status - Sun 27/11/11 02:03 UTC
Sounds like a good, safe place, to leave her.
Posted By: Art in the Blood Re: HWD: Status - Sun 27/11/11 02:08 UTC
Arrange to make it look like the key is with multiple people going multiple directions. . after the girl is secured.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: HWD: Status - Sun 27/11/11 02:18 UTC
involving the khorall opens us up to a new realm of players and explanations, some of which can not withstand said scrutiny of examination
Posted By: Wolf Re: HWD: Status - Thu 01/12/11 06:03 UTC
8. Average post-rate/week: Major Plot Moving Posts on the weekend, Scattered Ad Hoc posts during the Week

From the Message Gaming Center

This is the general posting schedule; thus as the weekend approaches you should make sure you are providing actions that can be responded in a post. remember, the world moves on in the background, whether the player characters take do something or not.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post