Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Miales, Mina, Zeim), 38 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder Jump to new posts
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! Zeim Thu 25/04/24 13:31 UTC
Zhu

"If we assume that this river to the left rejoins the main passage beyond the split then anyone who can travel in water, like Davroar, could go that way while the rest go to the right?" She offers a suggestion.
98 995 Read More
DUC: Durham University Campus Jump to new posts
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Gypsy Thu 25/04/24 10:56 UTC
[OOC: I see Korean in Skye's background, French in Henri's and Welsh in Emma's. Anything I've missed? ]

The voices are male and getting louder.
233 5,794 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! Gypsy Thu 25/04/24 10:39 UTC
Jaliera

"I'm with them using my bow and staying away from fire."

She blushes slightly, not at ease with her weakness but at least able to verbalise it now.
98 995 Read More
Our Community Jump to new posts
Re: Members Availability Gypsy Thu 25/04/24 10:26 UTC
Busy few days coming up! Visitors from tonight right through until Sunday evening. Might get time to post, might not, wink
1 5,407 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee! Jump to new posts
Re: Triple 399 (XVIII) Gypsy Thu 25/04/24 10:22 UTC
OK thanks! smile
22 1,767 Read More
ACR: ACRO Jump to new posts
Re: Round 1 - SPI - The Vote Gryphon Thu 25/04/24 03:36 UTC
5, 8, 6
9 90 Read More
Re: Round 1 - SPI - The Vote TennesseeBaron Thu 25/04/24 03:17 UTC
7, 6, 9

Pumping up the underdogs...
9 90 Read More
DUC: Durham University Campus Jump to new posts
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Lionhawke Wed 24/04/24 22:32 UTC
[OOC: Quick clarifications - male and/or female voices? You seem to indicate too far away to know the language - unless there is someone in our group that speaks it.]
233 5,794 Read More
Re: OOC thread Neptune Wed 24/04/24 21:17 UTC
LOL. That's exactly what I tagged it with.
1,600 77,796 Read More
RRL: Rise of the Rune Lords - Burnt Offerings Jump to new posts
Re: RRL: The Boar Hunt Pandemonium Wed 24/04/24 20:37 UTC
Lord Foxglove

"Oh, I completely agree that this prize is worthy of all the tales that can be told. No, let the others grow up and become as mighty as this one. It is a rare thing to see such a beast, never mind be a party to taking it down. Though, to be completely fair, all of you did the work.

"No, this is another success for the Heroes of Sandpoint. That is for sure."

It takes a bit of effort to roll the boar this way and that, trussing the feet in such a way that it can be tied to the saddle horn. It might be easier to drag it on a litter or some other method, but no one has suggested such a thing. To those who are knowledgeable, it would seem that this is the largest kill that Lord Foxglove has been a party to. Smaller boars would be handled in the way that he is suggesting.
81 1,202 Read More
Re: OOC thread Zeim Wed 24/04/24 19:06 UTC
Seems compatible with a Young Dragon so I'd say 10ish?
1,600 77,796 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! Neptune Wed 24/04/24 18:08 UTC
Zindra

"I prefer to not go first and to hang out behind our front lines along with Bern. We'll provide cover for those who prefer to swing those great big mauls, swords and battle axes."
98 995 Read More
Re: OOC thread Neptune Wed 24/04/24 18:00 UTC
Upping hit points and adding more combatants are minor and easy options to enact on the fly.

I prefer to pre-plan and know what to do to bring my PCs to the brink of death in a very scary way. That often means modifying the monsters in more substantial ways than just upping hit points. For humanoids like orcs and trolls that's easy. Give them magic armor or weapons. It's also a good way to hand out magic items. Parties rarely need 15 sets of +1 leather and 15 +1 short swords. In fact, you might find that very few PCs will want that once they've got a +1 chain and a +1 long sword. I might also give them a character class and the features that the class offers.

Since none of you are in my FTF game, I'll use an example of a more complex modification I'm using from the Rime of the Frostmaiden. If you intend to play in that, I've hidden the scenario under a spoiler.
The adventure has the PCs lured to a nautiloid which is a space-faring ship that are used by mind flayers (illithids) that has crashed into the icy tundras north of the Spine of the World. Inside the ship there is a flesh golem. The flesh golem is a CR 5 monster and the PCs are already 9th level. After a couple of eldritch blasts from the warlock, a half dozen crossbow bolts from the ranger's +2 bow, etc. the thing will be toast. It's 93 hit points will be meager. Here's a link to (I hope) the standard Flesh Golem from the monster manual.

The monster that my party will be fighting is my Gith Golem, a flesh golem constructed from a githyanki. Here's how I describe it:
A Gith Golem is a flesh golem created from a githyanki parts which were then subjected to an intellect devourer. It is a grisly assortment of humanoid body parts stitched and bolted together into a muscled brute imbued with formidable strength. Powerful enchantments protect it, deflecting spells and all but the most potent weapons. But worse, the Gith Golem has the psionic attack of an intellect devourer as a bonus action and can cast one of the spells that the githyanki knew as an additional action. Typically they are 5th level wizards and additionally have both the jump and misty step spells once per day.
I don't know if you'll be able to see my version of this dude but let's try: Neptune's Gith Golem. On top of what I described, the intellect devourer will leave the golem when it drops to 40 hp or less, and will try to possess someone in the party and use it's body thief ability. Some of the spells it gets are based on the race and I made it a wizard so it gets mage armor to bump up it's AC. Blink and shield make it really tough to deal with.

(I should note that I'm also changing the form of the Lightning Bolt spell he has to a ball of lightning that affects anyone adjacent to him and himself. This will heal him and blast the party).

What CR is this guy now do you think?
1,600 77,796 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! MikeD Wed 24/04/24 17:19 UTC
<Bern>

"Since the heat might be a problem for me, I will hang back with my bow at the ready", he offered.
98 995 Read More
Re: Triple 399 (XVIII) Miales Wed 24/04/24 13:46 UTC
In 2's column 2
22 1,767 Read More
Re: Triple 399 (XVIII) Gypsy Wed 24/04/24 11:14 UTC
And roll 37?
22 1,767 Read More
Re: Round 1 - SPI - The Vote Tusk Wed 24/04/24 09:34 UTC
1, 4 & 9. Ta!
9 90 Read More
Re: Round 1 - SPI - The Vote Mina Wed 24/04/24 01:37 UTC
9 90 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! AquaDyne Wed 24/04/24 01:00 UTC
DM

Nearby, a frog's eyes lock onto a shimmering dragonfly hovering nearby. It launches itself from its lily pad perch, its sticky tongue unfurling like a coiled spring. With unerring precision, the frog's tongue whips through the air, extending to an astonishing length of three feet, as it ensnares the unsuspecting dragonfly in mid-flight, then hops back toward another spot in the bog.
98 995 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! Zeim Tue 23/04/24 23:58 UTC
Zhu

"I too can stand heat, due to my own heritage. If this giant is of the Fire type, we'll need other types of magic though."
98 995 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! AJ Tue 23/04/24 23:50 UTC
Kriv

"Heat poses less of an issue to me owing to my heritage, though my mastery of the Art in an offensive capacity tends that way also. I can certainly burn out the troll, but I suspect this will mainly be maul work," mused the Dragonborn.
98 995 Read More
Re: RRL: The Boar Hunt Art in the Blood Tue 23/04/24 22:37 UTC
Zak:

“Perhaps the food shouldn’t be secondary. It’s important that a life is not given merely fr the entertainment it may provide.”
81 1,202 Read More
Re: RRL: The Boar Hunt Miales Tue 23/04/24 19:59 UTC
Selaim

Selaim watched her young friend as she picked up her dropped weapons. She shook her head at Aendell's comments though unsure what she thought of hunting for sport. Deep down she also had a feeling the sow had the more tender meat than the boar they'd brought down.

"Another thing to get used to," she comments to Aendell. "And next time I'll just stick to my swords than use this thing" As she shook the spear.
81 1,202 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! AquaDyne Tue 23/04/24 19:41 UTC
Aubric

"Maybe the giants just like the color green?" he jokes.

"More seriously, I just remembered... I think I could actually offer that resistance to up to three... but only one at a time. I should also mention that I have the ability to bestow the same protection that potion offered on anyone.... else. Not myself, sadly. For about eight hours. And that, is only one."

OOC:
Protection from Energy (3 3rd level slots), requires concentration
Death Ward (1 4th level slot)

I'm being a bit more "this is what I can do" but will let the party decide since I know what's coming up. wink
98 995 Read More
Re: RRL: The Boar Hunt Angrboða Tue 23/04/24 18:20 UTC
Coral

She walked back to where she had dropped her weapons, picked them up and resheathed them.

"Was that a suitable show of bravery, my Lord?" she asked Foxglove.
81 1,202 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Dugan
Dugan
Langley, B.C.
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,708
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy