DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Mina Upcoming TV shows - Wed 06/07/16 21:35 UTC
I have been looking over some of the upcoming shows, and I was curious which of the new shows everyone is looking forward to.

Off the top of my head, I am looking forward to:
Drew
Timeless
Time After Time
Riverdale

And, surprisingly, Powerless. It did not sound fun when i read the description, but after seeing the trailer, it is now a show I am greatly looking forward to.

Posted By: MikeD Re: Upcoming TV shows - Wed 06/07/16 21:42 UTC
Wow ... haven't heard about =any= of those shows. Will have to do some research now <g>
Posted By: Mina Re: Upcoming TV shows - Wed 06/07/16 21:44 UTC
Mike,

Which shows had you heard of, and what ones were/are you looking forward to?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Upcoming TV shows - Wed 06/07/16 21:48 UTC
Actually ... I have not been paying too much attention to TV of late. I have enjoyed NetFlix in that I can sit down and watch an entire season at a time. I have decided that ... for the most part .. I like that better than waiting a week at a time to get the next installment <g>
Posted By: Mina Re: Upcoming TV shows - Wed 06/07/16 21:49 UTC
True, I love my Netflix!
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: Upcoming TV shows - Wed 06/07/16 21:52 UTC
you're right- that looks awesome- hadn't heard of this show- the ending line, said wistfully, "I wanna nail Aquaman so hard" just sealed the deal. This one is going on the DVR.
Posted By: Mina Re: Upcoming TV shows - Wed 06/07/16 22:46 UTC
Yeah, someone finally likes Aquaman! I loved that line as well, though it made me think of Big Bang Theory where Raj always whines about being Aquaman ("Aquaman sucks...").

I think Powerless is going to just be a fun lighthearted guilty pleasure of mine smile
Posted By: Don Re: Upcoming TV shows - Thu 07/07/16 04:18 UTC
I hadn't heard of any of these either but I have been watching mostly movies in On Demand since the regular season ended. I looked them up in wikipedia and they all sound like they have possibilities. I loved the film version of Time After Time.

According to what I could find about Drew CBS has backed out on it. One reviewer referred to it as the first show to be cancelled before it was even filmed.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Upcoming TV shows - Thu 07/07/16 20:24 UTC
I have been enjoying the Preacher series from AMC. Read the graphic novels years ago and loved them, and this is a nice portrayal.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Upcoming TV shows - Thu 07/07/16 20:29 UTC
Thanks Pande. I will keep an eye out for the series!!
Posted By: Mina Re: Upcoming TV shows - Thu 07/07/16 23:03 UTC
I have not seen Preacher either, but will keep an eye out for it, too. I do watch Impastor, though, does that count?
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: Upcoming TV shows - Fri 08/07/16 01:05 UTC
Preacher is an interesting re-working of the original material, made a bit more practical for TV (one location not a running road trip; several of the more distinctive and memorable supporting characters moved much earlier in the plot). Excessively violent, albeit with a comic sensibility thruout, which is exactly what the source calls for.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post