Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online
4 registered (Don, KenSeg, Exeter, MikeD), 5 Guests and 46 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Topic Options
#921099 - Mon 16/04/18 06:53 BST Gauging Interest - DC Superhero Game
Gryphon Offline
Confusingly Confused

Loc: California
There are an infinite version of possible universes.
This is merely one of them.

In a world much like our own, there are no super heroes, or villains. Not yet. But soon that will change.

“Lord, what fools these mortals be!”
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”
― William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

"When one door closes, another opens."
― Alexander Graham Bell

"And, now, for something completely different-"
― Monty Python

Style of gameplay:
What made Smallville great was not the super powers, but the character interactions. Clark, Lex, Chloe, Lois. Amazing characters who often got in each other's way.

The same holds true for newer superhero shows.
On Arrow he takes down the bad guys, but it is Oliver, and his friends and enemies, that drive the show.

The Flash runs fast, but that is not the point. The point is the characters and how they interact.

Sam and Dean are more than monster hunters.

Clark and Lois are more interesting than Superman fighting the bad guy of the week.

Quote:
I will be using the Smallville system. This allows characters such as Superman, but also allows Lex Luthor or Lois Lane as well- and gives them a chance against Superman (by using different talents and skills). It is a flexible system, and I enjoy the fact that it gives a chance for any character to shine and save (or doom) the day.

I am looking for characters that will drive storylines, not only react to them.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR
Four, or Five, Players.

Your take on a DC Universe character.

More Hal Jordan, less Green Lantern.

Interesting characters that will be fun to have involved with other characters.

Characters will have their own concerns. At times they will work with and against others.

I would love at least one or more dark/villain style characters (Lex: Smallville, Malcolm Merlyn: Arrow, Alexis: Dynasty)

NOTE
In this world powers are the fodder for tabloid rags. Characters will start off powerless, though that will change soon after the game begins.

All characters will be roughly the same age.

All characters will have been seniors in high school together (this will be played out in vignettes during character creation).

Your character may have a secret identity, but that will be made aware to the audience fairly quickly when gaming begins.

I really don't like Batman.

All characters, and types of characters, are open pending GM approval.

Characters can either be mainstream DC, minor characters, or even variants-

Have you ever wanted to play Supergirl? Lex Luthor? Weild the emerald power of a green lantern- or the violet of a star sapphire? Do you want to play with world changing power, or do you prefer other means to bend situations to your desires? Diana was not the only Amazon, perhaps someone else has a better story to tell?

Be the fastest man alive. Be the woman of steel. Wield the power behind the scenes, or rise to the top as a mastermind. Be heroic. Be dastardly.

Enter a world where you can play a new version of a favorite character.

Send me your concept, and we will see if it will fit in with other player character concepts. Don't send a detailed history- just a concept. Right now I am just seeing who is interested and what they would like to play. If I get some characters that I think will mix well together, I will start a game. If not, back to the drawing board.

#921121 - Mon 16/04/18 15:55 BST Re: Gauging Interest - DC Superhero Game [Re: Gryphon]
Phoenix Prime Offline
I'm Grumpy - Go Away

Loc: Sanger Texas
Concept PM sent

#921133 - Mon 16/04/18 17:49 BST Re: Gauging Interest - DC Superhero Game [Re: Phoenix Prime]
KenSeg Online   content
Babylon 5 Rules

Loc: Jensen Beach, Florida
Trying to decide between a couple. Will PM you soon

#921134 - Mon 16/04/18 17:53 BST Re: Gauging Interest - DC Superhero Game [Re: Gryphon]
Gryphon Offline
Confusingly Confused

No rush at all.

Feel free to ask questions here, or in PM.

I will try and answer, though for game purposes answers might be vague, or vague-adjacent.

#921151 - Mon 16/04/18 20:10 BST Re: Gauging Interest - DC Superhero Game [Re: Gryphon]
Mina Offline
Capt.- Zombie Team A

Loc: California, U.S.A.
Sent my interest concept as well!

#921156 - Mon 16/04/18 21:58 BST Re: Gauging Interest - DC Superhero Game [Re: Mina]
Gryphon Offline
Confusingly Confused

A few questions have popped up.

I will be using the Smallville system only, this is not the Smallville universe. All characters are (tentatively) open. Supes, Wonder W, Flash- all open. I just have a thing against Bats/Bruce.

I am allowing flexible play in the timeline, some younger characters to start their careers a bit early, older ones to have been born later. All characters (except Bats) are open. Supes, Wonder W, The Flash, etc. along with the younger generations. If curious, just ask.

Character backgrounds are open. You do NOT have to stick to traditional, or current, DC comic backgrounds. Some backgrounds may need to be tweaked.

#921211 - Tue 17/04/18 18:15 BST Re: Gauging Interest - DC Superhero Game [Re: Gryphon]
KenSeg Online   content
Babylon 5 Rules

Loc: Jensen Beach, Florida
Concept sent

#921357 - Wed 18/04/18 21:51 BST Re: Gauging Interest - DC Superhero Game [Re: Gryphon]
Don Online   content

Loc: Eastpointe, MI USA
replied to PM

Newest Members
Kiraya, Angrboða, Khamsin, Gryphon, AgentBonkers
125 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Gypsy
Member Spotlight
Forum Stats
125 Registered Members
84 Forums
2,075 Topics
167,989 Posts

Most users ever online: 206 @ Sun 04/11/12 12:17 GMT
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy · Site Operator