Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online
4 registered (Weez, KenSeg, Don, Asta), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#906575 - Mon 05/02/18 23:48 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Exeter Offline


Administrator

Registered: Wed 10/08/05
Posts: 43128
Loc: Charlotte, NC - USA
Erenbren


The Hin druid's sister was considerably younger than Erenbren but that did not mean she was not smart. He smiled and nodded at Airlyn and then turned to Maddox.

"I'd be glad to try and move the slab. In my aurochs form, I am very strong."

Top
#906688 - Tue 06/02/18 12:38 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: Exeter]
Nivek Offline

Administrator

Registered: Tue 28/08/01
Posts: 45852
Narin

He looked over at his cousin and a grin came over his face, remembering days when they were young.

"Shall we have a contest to see who can annoy them more?" he said smiling before splitting off to go to his side of the hill. Panim might not realize it, but it was his way of relaxing them both as they waited for the enemy to get close enough.



Edited by Nivek (Tue 06/02/18 12:39 GMT)

Top
#906712 - Tue 06/02/18 13:43 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
MikeD Offline


Administrator

Registered: Thu 18/05/00
Posts: 35462
Loc: Fort Wayne IN USA
Maddox

His eyes opened wide when Erenbren said he had a form that could more that big thing. Then he smiled, nodded and got the rope out and began to work on a 'harness' for the rock that he could then secure to Erenbren in his 'big strong' animal form.
_________________________
MikeD

Top
#906851 - Tue 06/02/18 21:11 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Exeter Offline


Administrator

Registered: Wed 10/08/05
Posts: 43128
Loc: Charlotte, NC - USA
Erenbren


Erenbren nodded and smiled at his roguish friend and then closed his eyes, concentrating on transforming his shape. After a second or two, his form began to shimmer and grow dramatically, ending up back in his aurochs shape.

Then he backed into position in front of the huge slab of stone.

Top
#906856 - Tue 06/02/18 22:18 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
MikeD Offline


Administrator

Registered: Thu 18/05/00
Posts: 35462
Loc: Fort Wayne IN USA
Maddox

He lost some time as he watched his friend ... who he had seen transform into all manner of wildlife ... =grew= into a really =big= beast.

With the rock 'roped up' and, time at a premium, he moved to set the ropes onto Erenbren's shoulders so he could try to drag it up the side of the rift.

Then he scampered up the slope to where he decided was the best place ... considering the time constraints ... to see his 'trap' and waved for Erenbren to pull his load up.
_________________________
MikeD

Top
#906894 - Wed 07/02/18 02:10 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Exeter Offline


Administrator

Registered: Wed 10/08/05
Posts: 43128
Loc: Charlotte, NC - USA
Erenbren


Erenbren/aurochs dug his feet into the sandy scree, snorted a couple of times and then dug in, pulling very slowly to begin with but not losing any momentum as the three ton slab of stone began to move over and up the slope.

Top
#907124 - Wed 07/02/18 16:58 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
AJ Offline

Moderator

Registered: Fri 12/05/00
Posts: 26373
Loc: Hertfordshire, UK
Airlyn

The slight Hin headed up after the Aurochs, ready to fulfil her part in proceedings.

Top
#907949 - Sat 10/02/18 14:45 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
nemarsde Offline

Wobbly Headed
Administrator

Registered: Fri 12/05/00
Posts: 9283
Loc: GMT 0
||GM

Using Airlyn's hemp rope, Maddox rigs up the slab, whilst the Hin threads a harness for her brother.

Erenbren the Hin breaks down into a writhing mass, clothing, equipage and all, before growing into the brutish form of the aurochs. Taller than a knight's destrier, twice the size of farm oxen, could it uproot the slab and drag it the 20 yards to the outcrop? The slab's 3 tons of solid rock versus half that of bovine muscle.

Loshad has gathered the elven ponies, but tarries to watch the feat of earthwork. All of Gracie's attention is given to keeping a lookout, not just on the surround, but Smoke too, who behaves wilder by the minute.

Working deftly together, Maddox and Airlyn tie slab to Erenbren-aurochs and then, without a moment to waste, Erenbren digs in.

The ropes tauten and creak. The aurochs snorts, muscles quivering with strain, head down. The slab startles then with another heave it slides out of its bedding, grinding over the grass and loose rock.

They're underway, and Erenbren stomps towards the outcrop. Next, push it into place and set it up, ready to topple.

But now Gracie can see the low, dark cloud to the south. Not far. It surely must have reached the meadow.

***

A shame. It has been a fine afternoon.

A shadow falls across the meadow and the faces of the four horsemen. The wind dies too, and they hear the barked orders of a hobgoblin.

From a saddle between the hills to the south, wolf-riders bound into the meadow in a tight pack.

Hunched over, it's obvious from their muscled shoulders and thick brows that they're not goblins like the Wolfskulls, or the Red-blades, whose banner is tied to Zach's spear.

Bloodhands. Hobgoblins. They bristle with scimitars and djerids, short, heavy throwing spears.

Above them circle what could be mistaken for vultures, but Zach, Taras, Narin and Panim all fought on the battlements at Sukiskyn. They know better. Giant vampire bats.

A shudder passes down Panim's spine as he remembers their stench and the fangs at his jugular. Maybe they'll remember him too.

When the wolf-riders see Zach and Taras, the lead hobgoblin growls, ordering the pack to slow its pace and fan out. There are only eight. Where is the ninth?

Click to reveal...
A: Str+2, Dex+2, Con+0, Int+0, Wis+1, Cha-1; Ar 1; Dmg d10+d4(+2); XP 6/10; HP 19/19; Ptn 1
E: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha-1; Ar 1; Dmg d6; XP 5/10; HP 20/20
G: Str+0, Dex+2, Con-1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+1; Ar 1; Dmg d8; XP 8/10; HP 16/16
M: Str+1, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis-1, Cha+0; Ar 1(2); Dmg d8; XP 5/10; HP 21/21; Ptn 1
N: Str+0, Dex+1, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha-1; Ar 2; Dmg d6; XP 7/10; HP 20/20
P: Str+0, Dex+1, Con+2, Int+2, Wis+0, Cha-1; Ar 1; Dmg d4; XP 6/10; HP 20/20; Ptn 1
Z: Str+1, Dex+0, Con+2, Int-1, Wis+0, Cha+2; Ar 3; Dmg d10(+d4+1); XP 6/10; HP 26/27


Erenbren Shapeshifts 2d6+Wis, 7+2=9, gains 2 Green Bennies
Erenbren Animal Moves, spends 1/2 Green Bennies
Airlyn loses 2 Adventuring Gear
Gracie Discerns Realities 2d6+Int, =9
Panim Aids(Narin) 2d6+Bond, =4+1=5, #Miss, GM Moves
Narin Discerns Realities 2d6+Int, =9
Zach Discerns Realities 2d6-Int, 8-1=7 /Taras supporting/


Edited by nemarsde (Wed 14/02/18 20:07 GMT)

Top
#907973 - Sat 10/02/18 15:59 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
MikeD Offline


Administrator

Registered: Thu 18/05/00
Posts: 35462
Loc: Fort Wayne IN USA
Maddox

He wished he had more time. A couple of trip like would be good as well.

"Any idea how long we still have", he asked as he started working to 're-purpose' the ropes now that the slab was in place and ready to go. It would take 5 minutes at least to rig each one. He would like 2 or the ... to 'trip 'em up' right where the slab was designed to go.
_________________________
MikeD

Top
#907988 - Sat 10/02/18 18:50 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Zeim Offline
(Buffalo)
Moderator

Registered: Mon 01/10/01
Posts: 17454
Loc: Nashville, TN, USA
Zachariah

Knowing Panim and Narin can see he and Taras, even if they may be out of view of the others, he points with his lance at the bats overhead. Hopefully Panim will get the message. He and Taras can't do much about those flying monsters, but Panim, with his magic, can.

Then, turning to Taras with a grin he says, "Shall we?"

If he was wearing a full masked helm he'd drop the faceplate as he used to do in jousting practice, but he just shrugs, settles the lance in his stirrup and when he judges the Hobgoblins are close enough he kicks Mule into a trot, increasing to a gallop when he is a few strides away.

Selecting the largest Hobgoblin he can see, he lowers the lance to horizontal, and just as he was taught in practice he leans forward and braces it in the notch in the saddle, waiting for the impact.

Top
#907992 - Sat 10/02/18 19:03 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Exeter Offline


Administrator

Registered: Wed 10/08/05
Posts: 43128
Loc: Charlotte, NC - USA
Erenbren


Once the slab was in place, Erenbren/aurochs turned and used his horns and immense strength to chivvy the slab of rock into place, following his friend, Maddox's directions.

Top
#907998 - Sat 10/02/18 20:43 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
nemarsde Offline

Wobbly Headed
Administrator

Registered: Fri 12/05/00
Posts: 9283
Loc: GMT 0
Taras

Now that he sees the wolf-riders, a sensible, mildly spoken voice in Taras's head tells him that charging them is madness. Prudence says he should turn around and flee. The wolves are sure to follow anyway, why risk charging them?

But Taras grew up in Dymrak Forest and knows full well the discipline of hobgoblins. Not a rabble like their smaller, bonier cousins, they're more like a wolf pack themselves. Ruthless and relentless, but restrained also.

The clansman and Zach have to stir their anger, incite them to bloodthirsty rage, otherwise the hobgoblins will be cautious, dog their steps, only attacking when they have the advantage.

So Taras thinks of his sister's plight for fury, and of his beloved wife, Alfana, for courage. He returns Zach's grin, raising the double-bitted axe high above his head.

"Aye. Let's." He says, and gees his horse into a spirited charge.

Top
#908012 - Sat 10/02/18 23:53 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
MikeD Offline


Administrator

Registered: Thu 18/05/00
Posts: 35462
Loc: Fort Wayne IN USA
Maddox

He has to try a couple of times to get the slab =just= where he wanted it. He smiled to Erenbren and nodded, giving him a 'thumbs up' when they had gotten it just right.

He looked to see if there seemed to be time for a trip line or two ...
_________________________
MikeD

Top
#908197 - Sun 11/02/18 11:41 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
nemarsde Offline

Wobbly Headed
Administrator

Registered: Fri 12/05/00
Posts: 9283
Loc: GMT 0
GM

Although Gracie can't see the happenings at the meadow, hidden as they are behind a hill, she can see enough of the sky to know that the wolf-riders must have reached the meadow. It won't be long now.

Greatly impressed by the aurochs, Loshad bows his horse-head to the druid and his sister.

"Long has it been since I have seen an aurochs in these lands." He speaks to them by telepathy, "Truly, today the fortunes of my home have changed for better."

At that, he turns to lead the elven ponies away from the trap. They will wait at the far end of the clough, out of sight.

Maddox meanwhile looks around for anchor points for a trip-line, but watching Loshad trotting off, he realises that such a line might trip Narin and the others too. They'll be at the front, being chased by the wolf-riders.

But looking up at the outcrop, at the barely visible 3-ton slab, Maddox might decide that the rock-slide will be enough. It will all depend on Airlyn setting it off at the right time.

Any surviving wolf-riders will be sniped at by Gracie, and Maddox has his poisoned darts, proven effective against goblins. Airlyn could drop in with her flail, and Erenbren might find an animal smaller and more nimble than an aurochs to attack with, or opt for that classic Hin tactic, stone throwing. The slopes are loose scree, so plenty of ammo.

Top
#908202 - Sun 11/02/18 14:19 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
MikeD Offline


Administrator

Registered: Thu 18/05/00
Posts: 35462
Loc: Fort Wayne IN USA
Maddox

He sighed. He didn't see any way to rig a trip line he could 'raise' after their guys got through. They would have to rely on the slab and their own weapons. At least he wouldn't feel bad about using those poisoned darts he had picked up.

He moved back up the slope to the slab. He wanted to be sure that Airlyn knew where to push and help if needed.
_________________________
MikeD

Top
#908215 - Sun 11/02/18 14:54 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Exeter Offline


Administrator

Registered: Wed 10/08/05
Posts: 43128
Loc: Charlotte, NC - USA
Erenbren


The Hin/aurochs nodded his head rather ponderously at Maddox's and Loshad's approbation and lowed softly, deep in his throat. Then he thought about the fight to come.

The enemies they would soon confront could easily be killed or at least seriously wounded by an aurochs - if you could get them to stand still. Erenbren/aurochs grunted.

Now that would be a trick...

Erenbren considered options, finally nodded his large head. He concentrated and, after a moment, his huge frame seemed to melt away, leaving the Hin druid in its place.

"I am going to try and add to your trap, Maddox," he said with a crooked grin.

"You take care of yourself, little sister of mine."

Erenbren gave Airlyn a wink and, simultaneously, began to shrink down toward the ground.

In the place of the Halfling druid, now there was a deadly poisonous pit viper. Erenbren/viper slithered over in the direction their foes would have to take to come at them and settled down into the grasses, effectively disappearing from view.

Top
#908255 - Sun 11/02/18 17:21 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
AJ Offline

Moderator

Registered: Fri 12/05/00
Posts: 26373
Loc: Hertfordshire, UK
Airlyn

"I'll do better than that, I'll take care of the enemy."

The Hin replied to her sibling, before making good use of her small size and flexibility to tuck into a good hiding spot, one from which she could get a solid run-up into the kill zone.

Top
#908284 - Sun 11/02/18 18:22 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Registered: Tue 09/05/00
Posts: 57106
Loc: Pidley, Cambs, UK
Gracie

She signals her friends to 'be ready' and then drops down to her knee to lower her profile, bow still at the ready. Just a waiting game now. She does glance nervously at Smoke from time to time, praising him, reminding him of where he belongs.


Edited by Gypsy (Sun 11/02/18 18:23 GMT)

Top
#908664 - Mon 12/02/18 13:02 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: Gypsy]
Nivek Offline

Administrator

Registered: Tue 28/08/01
Posts: 45852
Narin

He saw the bats and knew they'd be just as much of a threat as the hobgoblins. Gracie could shoot them from the air, he might hit some, but he'd have far more luck aiming at wolf and rider. He waited for Zach and Taras to charge, knowing it would come soon.

*Stay safe sister. Please. May we all come out of this unharmed.* he added to himself.

Top
#908960 - Tue 13/02/18 05:02 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Pandemonium Offline

Member

Registered: Sat 02/05/09
Posts: 11127
Loc: Oregon USA
Panim

He watched the hobgoblins hesitate and then saw the things in the sky. Zach's lance had made them clear. The young wizard tried to see if he might be able to catch a couple of them, or even more with his new Fireball spell. Taking them out would be of great importance.

Top
#909995 - Fri 16/02/18 12:10 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
nemarsde Offline

Wobbly Headed
Administrator

Registered: Fri 12/05/00
Posts: 9283
Loc: GMT 0
||GM

Clods of earth are kicked into the air as Zach and Taras charge the wolf-riders. They see the hobgoblins react, at first amazed, then vexed, furiously goading their lupine mounts into a charge, eager to prove who are the hunters and who are the hunted.

Mule is courageous, an old nag revelling in a new lease of life. The horse bears Zach into the fray with surprising speed, staying abreast with Taras on his elven pony.

What din, what chaos! Leathery wings and gleaming fangs dive at them from above, screeching, then from the elves' position comes a meteor, a ball of flame hurtling overhead that explodes mid-air amongst the bats.

The deafening shockwave flattens the grass and Zach struggles to stay in the saddle. Mule shakes his head wildly then hunkers as the first wolf-rider bounds into attack.

Zach might be vaguely aware of smoking, bat-like husks falling from the sky in his periphery, but his focus is on the hobgoblin. Snarling, it leans out from its seat, jagged scimitar swept back, only to be caught by the tip of Zach's spear. Through the belly and out between the shoulder blades, the hobgoblin is slain. A squeal, a sharp crack! Zach's spear is riven by the impact, leaving him holding a broken haft.

Barely time to think, another wolf-rider charges passed, hurling a djerid at the young initiate. Zach blocks it with his shield--- the weapon glances off, spinning, smacking him in the face, before he plows into the rest of the pack.

Watching from the hillside to the west, Narin nocks another arrow, his first having sailed into the melee to be lost from sight. His cousin's fireball had scattered the bats, but Zach and Taras are being mobbed.

Zach breaks through the pack, harrassed by wolf-riders as he gallops in a wide circle around the meadow. For a moment, it looks like Taras will be overwhelmed, but then he too breaks out, waving his axe. A wolf chases him, but its rider's head is cloven and spilling gore. Blood also streams down the haunches of Taras's elven pony, skin torn and flapping.

Narin half-draws his bowstring, but his elven ears hear a clap of wings and he ducks as a giant vampire bat swoops passed his head. Panim fends off another with his quarterstaff, and it's apparent that the bats haven't forgotten the elves. Nor have the elves forgotten their necromantic stench. It might remind them of the Tombs on the Ridge.

Under attack by the bats, Narin and Panim can't sit around. Fortunately, both young men are Callarii, trained in mounted archery and spellcasting, so they can ride uphill together, still staying on course and lending support to Zach and Taras, who are now well on their way.

***

At the clough, Gracie and the others have heard the explosion, echoing ominously through the hills.

The slab is in place, Airlyn having wedged her iron crow into the crack between it and the outcrop on which it now sits upright.

Maddox watches Loshad and the horses disappear around the bend, then might wonder where Erenbren has disappeared to. The Hin druid now slithers amongst the scree in the scaly form of a pit viper.

Their trap is set. They can only hope that their friends survive to lead the enemy into it.

Click to reveal...
A: Str+2, Dex+2, Con+0, Int+0, Wis+1, Cha-1; Ar 1; Dmg d10+d4(+2); XP 6/10; HP 19/19; Ptn 1
E: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha-1; Ar 1; Dmg d6; XP 5/10; HP 20/20
G: Str+0, Dex+2, Con-1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+1; Ar 1; Dmg d8; XP 8/10; HP 16/16
M: Str+1, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis-1, Cha+0; Ar 1(2); Dmg d8; XP 5/10; HP 21/21; Ptn 1
N: Str+0, Dex+1, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha-1; Ar 2; Dmg d6; XP 8/10; HP 20/20
P: Str+0, Dex+1, Con+2, Int+2, Wis+0, Cha-1; Ar 1; Dmg d4; XP 6/10; HP 20/20; Ptn 1
Z: Str+1, Dex+0, Con+2, Int-1, Wis+0, Cha+2; Ar 3; Dmg d10(+d4+1); XP 7/10; HP 19/27


Bloodhand1: Ar 0; Dmg d6+2(1 Piercing); HP 0/6
Worg1: Ar 1; Dmg d6; HP 3/3
Bloodhand2: Ar 0; Dmg d6+2(1 Piercing); HP 0/6
Worg2: Ar 1; Dmg d6; HP 3/3
Bloodhand3: Ar 0; Dmg d6+2(1 Piercing); HP 6/6
Worg3: Ar 1; Dmg d6; HP 3/3
Bloodhand4: Ar 0; Dmg d6+2(1 Piercing); HP 6/6
Worg4: Ar 1; Dmg d6; HP 3/3
Bloodhand5: Ar 0; Dmg d6+2(1 Piercing); HP 6/6
Worg5: Ar 1; Dmg d6; HP 3/3
Bloodhand6: Ar 0; Dmg d6+2(1 Piercing); HP 6/6
Worg6: Ar 1; Dmg d6; HP 3/3
Bloodhand7: Ar 0; Dmg d6+2(1 Piercing); HP 6/6
Worg7: Ar 1; Dmg d6; HP 3/3
Bloodhand8: Ar 0; Dmg d6+2(1 Piercing); HP 6/6
Worg8: Ar 1; Dmg d6; HP 3/3
GiantBat1: Ar 0; Dmg d6(1 Piercing); HP 0/6
GiantBat2: Ar 0; Dmg d6(1 Piercing); HP 0/6
GiantBat3: Ar 0; Dmg d6(1 Piercing); HP 6/6
GiantBat4: Ar 0; Dmg d6(1 Piercing); HP 6/6
GiantBat5: Ar 0; Dmg d6(1 Piercing); HP 6/6

Erenbren Animal Moves, spends 2/2 Green Bennies, Reverts
Erenbren Shapeshifts 2d6+Wis, 6+2=8, gains 2 Brown Bennies

Panim Casts Fireball 2d6+Int, 8+2=10, Empowered, deals 12 damage to GiantBat1, GiantBat2, killed
Narin Volleys 2d6+Dex, 4+1=5, #Miss, GM Moves, loses 1 Ammo
Zach Defies Danger 2d6+Con, =7+2=9, GM Moves
Zach Hacks and Slashes 2d6+Str, 7+1=8, takes d6+2-2=4 damage, deals d10+d4+3=15 damage to Bloodhand1, killed /Taras acts as Man-at-Arms 3/
Bloodhand2 killed by fiction
Zach Defies Danger 2d6+Dex, =4, #Miss, takes d6+2+2-2=3 damage
Narin Defies Danger 2d6+Dex, 7+1=8
Panim Defies Danger 2d6+Dex, 7+1=8


Edited by nemarsde (Fri 16/02/18 14:08 GMT)

Top
#910012 - Fri 16/02/18 13:40 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
MikeD Offline


Administrator

Registered: Thu 18/05/00
Posts: 35462
Loc: Fort Wayne IN USA
Maddox

Everything was as ready as he could make it, the thought as the ponies and Loshad disappeared . Now was the hard part, waiting. He had learned that early on. If you move too soon, all will be lost. You have to wait calmly =and= quietly for the 'right' moment.
_________________________
MikeD

Top
#910055 - Fri 16/02/18 15:03 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Administrator

Registered: Tue 09/05/00
Posts: 57106
Loc: Pidley, Cambs, UK
Gracie

She continues to talk to Smoke, telling him that enemies approach, enemies that want to kill her, to kill him and their other friends. That she knows how brave he is and how much she cares for him.

All the while she is scanning the horizon looking for signs of movement, wondering what the explosion had been.

She raises her eyes to the sky for a moment, addressing Zach's God.

"I'm not a follower but he is one of your faithful. Keep him safe.. please."

Top
#910065 - Fri 16/02/18 15:17 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Zeim Offline
(Buffalo)
Moderator

Registered: Mon 01/10/01
Posts: 17454
Loc: Nashville, TN, USA
Zachariah

He expected the explosion of the Fireball, but he tightens his knees around Mule's chest to reassure the old horse and he is surprised by it's eager speed. It seems as anxious for battle as he is!

Aligning his spear with the largest Hobgoblin he can see, he grunts as it slams home. **That was for Rose**, he thinks as the Hobgoblin is impaled. The other Hobgoblins can see a vicious expression on his face. One of blood lust and vengeance.

He drops the useless stub of his spear and brings his shield around, just in time to block a djerid hurled at him. It glances off the shield and bounces off his face, but he continues on, sliding his large sword from it's scabbard.

He is concerned about Taras for a moment, but seeing the man break free of the Wolf Riders is reassuring. Turning Mule, he waves with his sword to Taras and follows the plan by riding in a circle back towards the clough.

As he rides Mule back, he slashes with his sword at any foe that closes with him, whether it is a Hobgoblin rider or a Bat.

Top
#910097 - Fri 16/02/18 17:50 GMT Re: NDT16: Vlack's Retinue [Re: nemarsde]
Exeter Offline


Administrator

Registered: Wed 10/08/05
Posts: 43128
Loc: Charlotte, NC - USA
Erenbren


Erenbren/viper coiled and recoiled his sinuous body, each time drawing his triangular shaped head back, ready to strike the first enemy which came within reach.

Top
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  nemarsde 
Newest Members
Kiraya, Angrboða, Khamsin, Gryphon, AgentBonkers
125 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight
Member Since: Sun 02/05/10
Posts: 7377
Forum Stats
125 Registered Members
88 Forums
2,227 Topics
166,993 Posts

Most users ever online: 206 @ Sun 04/11/12 12:17 GMT
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy · Site Operator