Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 30 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#900986 Sun 14/01/18 15:28 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
The Dirkwood Forest
Waverider’s Watch
Marketday, the Ninth Day of Yrick

Bekkah, Lyric, Cesare, Keiko … Tomomi, Dominic, Miss Mouse and Mikkie.

Those who took up the invitation found the view from the crenelated watchtower top absolutely spectacular. The tower was not empty; as those who had been there before there were three beds nooked at the shed attached to the tower's base, for those who had been posted to this far away corner of the world. Only two of the tower's keepers were present. One was cleaning up the remains of their own dinner and the last was keeping watch, arms resting upon an open tooth in the stonework.

A faded Korie banner flew from its tall banner-pole. Like the tower itself, it wasn't very big but it was set high enough to not be in the way or block the view. There was a steady breeze, heading across the small village from east to west. Mikkie, of course, bowed and was very polite.

"Yes My Lord, quiet My Lord, thank you, My Lord, mind if I watch the sunset too, My Lord?"

Which was an interesting comment, because Mikkie had been looking to the east when they had climbed the steep cross between stair and ladder, popped the trapdoor and come up on the watch post.

"If you don't mind sharing it with us?"

That was Dominic's answer.

To the east and south stretched the rolling hills that made up this side of the High Tarn lands. Somewhere in the far distance were the cliffs that separated high and low sides, the Silk Creek and the other border of Korie lands. To the north, of course, was the dark green of the Dirkwood Forest. While they had been inside that legendary nightmare woods, it was also true that they only survived by staying on the Blackwater or being protected by the Forest Folk's goodwill. And to the west, there was just the slightest hint of blue, at the very edge of sight. The land dropped slowly off in that direction, to eventually end in seaside cliffs.

Dominic helped Emmi up so she could sit in one of the crenellation teeth. Then, like Mikkie, he crossed his arms and leaned against the stone.

"You know, Cesare, don't take the old bat's words to heart. The Vale is actually quite friendly to your and Keiko's people. It's what could be considered a safe haven. It'd be kind of hypocritical if it weren't, as Kisa Allaine's father was Rhoni, after all. On the other hand, Verchovai Kassia doesn't tell untruths, so if there is someone who doesn't like you folks it's probably more of a personal matter."

Turning around, Dominic gave Lyric a serious look. His head tilted. he was silent for a very very long set of heartbeats.

"I bet you haven't seen snow either, have you?"

That was an odd question, at that.

"Go up to the mountains. The black mountains. And the farther East you get the taller they become; a barrier at the edge of the known world, they are. They are so tall that their tops are covered with snow - the elements of ice and water in balance, ja? Beautiful, soft and fun. Except that deep, over three ages deep, that snow gets thick, so thick and heavy the snow can't help to become a blanket of ice.

"And you got it wrong.

"Glaciers aren't small at all.

"Glaciers make you feel small."

Dominik could not help but grin.

"Imagine a wall of ice taller than the tallest tree in the dirkwood, stretching as far to either side as you can see and back towards sunrise farther than that. All that water, frozen solid, towering above you, white and fractured, and knowing that all it would take is a shift in the clouds above, a change in Her light upon that expanse, to make it crack, let loose a shard down.

"Like the wrath of a god or goddess, anything caught beneath, obliterated."

Dominic blinked.

He paled.

"Oh My Goddess ..."

The wind whipped through his hair.

"That must be why ...

"... Black Mountain darksteel strikes are most often found at the base of an unstable glacier."

Last edited by Wolf; Thu 18/01/18 22:01 UTC.
Lyric, of Dragon's Blood and Glay-shurs or Minstrels and Mandolins

The Minstrel seemed content to trail those who led the group to the tower and up to the top. In fact, it wasn't really contentment at all, nor was it discontent. Lyric had never been atop the tower, nor any further up these stairs than the Mill House. It was not her place to lead anyone anyplace she had never been. It would be a common refrain of thought for her in the nearness of Time Not Yet.

And so, after the strangely whimsical game of hide and seek that Dommi liked to play with any seeking to impose the mantle of his authority upon him without his consent, he led them to the place where they would watch She, Dayalla, the ultimate focus or Order, give way to the stars in the sky. It promised to be an experience.

Lyric slid her mandolin around from her back as she found a spot to lean, rest and listen to the banter. Dommi was quite comfortable filling the voids and lulls, as though quiet peace was simply not chaotic enough for him.

And so, while he spoke to the Prietess, and for the amusement of all, she tuned the old instrument. It responded under her deft and skilled hand as though these two, musician and mandolin, were one entity.

But then came a strange and dangerous pause. Dommi had made mention of a 'small village' as part of his patter and banter, and even found focus in a truth of Bekkah's upbringing to tie his thoughts neatly together. Maybe he remembered that Lyric too had said she came from a small village as well.

Lyric glanced up from the neck of the mandolin where she had been fingering the chord progressions without strumming, hearing the notes in her heart. She met Dominic's inquisitive eyes with her own. It was the sagely self he saw in that blueness. She smiled, knowing exactly what he was now understanding. Surely that realization did not come unaided, and Lyric glanced, ever so briefly, at Emerald. It was she who had seen the Minstrel's actions in the deepest depths of the Dwarven Forges, where valiant resolve, honor, and duty were churning into a dire and fatal last stand, as Lyric fought to save every Pack member she could. Maybe the Mouse of Grim Design understood or she had simply shared what she had witnessed with her lover, and that, among many other moments, brought the Korrie Noble to this realization.

She shook her head as the preface to her reply. No, she had never seen snow. But the verbal part of her response would have to wait, as Dommi gathered himself again and described glaciers for all those who did not know. And then, before he could come full circle in this thought, another revelation became obvious to him concerning Dragons and Glay-shurs.

Minstrels and Mandolins would have to wait for now.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Keiko
[pronounced KAY-ko... do you think the GM has memorized this yet? Nope, not yet...]

She contained her laughter as Dommi left to visit with the Millers. She even managed to keep her giggles inside, and a serious expression on her face as Thomas hurried down the stairs toward the Heathersons’ home. Keiko always did try to see the best in the impatient and officious guard — after all, he possessed the fascinating skills of reading and writing! — but she had listened to enough of his stories to understand why Dommi avoided him.

She waved to Henrik as she passed by. He was setting up his sleeping roll outside the tower’s entry. Although there was a spare bed in the tower, all visitors learned after a single night that it was better to sleep under the stars than suffer the rattling snores that Jerris could produce. Henrik smiled and waved back. The Rhoni had a smile and a few kind words for Jerris as well. The guard’s greatest fault was his snoring — something Keiko had never had to hear for herself — and if his stews were not the most flavorful, he was certainly gracious in his willingness to share.

The climb up to the top of the tower was a familiar one for Keiko, and her smile for Mikkie was the widest. Thomas liked to say that Mikkie was lazy. Keiko preferred to believe that Mikkie simply had an appreciation for living in the Now. It was a rare trait among the Gaija. Besides... Mikkie shared silence as easily as he listened to her stories. And while his questions were never as profound as Renyard’s, they generally led to the telling of even more stories on her part. In short, Mikkie was a good listener.

Keiko nodded at Dommi’s assessment of the Verchovai.

“Dommi is telling one of his rare truths, kinsman,” she said to Cesare. “We are quite welcome in the Vale. Although my Family’s Caravan has not been there in my lifetime, every Rhoni knows that we will be welcomed in the Vale. If it is a personal matter for Lady Bekkah’s grandmother...”

The Rhoni lass smiled sadly and shrugged.

“Well, it would merely be my guess that it is a mother’s grief over losing a daughter who was bringing a new life into the world. If I understand the Verchovai’s tale at all, Dama Tasha believes her daughter spent a Festival night with a Rhoni man. It was not his fault that her daughter died giving birth. It is something that happens. Perhaps she feels more comfortable blaming all the men of our people than blaming Krysta.”

She reached over and rested her fingers on his arm for a few heartbeats. “As our inadvertently wise friend said, don’t take the old woman’s words to heart. No doubt she has her sorrows that we can never comprehend.”

Keiko looked at Dommi as he shared more about the Dayalan than might have already been surmised — the two of them were very well acquainted. It gave more weight to the notion that, in her own way, the old woman had actually been teasing the Young Master. She wanted more than ever to not only visit Dawnview Vale, but to meet Lady Bekkah’s sister — and, if she dared to hope to be so fortunate, the Dama Kisa. What fascinating people they must be!

And she laughed along with Emmi and Tomomi at Dommi’s admission that Lady Bekkah came from a real village that was small, rather than one that was artificially small like his own.

But she sighed as he described snow and glaciers to Lyric. Keiko had seen snow: fields of it and enormous drifts of it and the tiny bits of it that clung to tree branches after a storm. Snow was cold and wet and sometimes dangerous. But it was beautiful. When She rose over freshly fallen snow, it sparkled more brilliantly than all the jewels in Kh’Lhy’Ra. And his description of the glaciers was near enough in spirit to Uncle Toshi’s that she shuddered involuntarily at the thought of their majesty.

She blinked and tilted her head at his very last comment.

“Oh.”

She nodded slowly as old stories, newer stories, and recent experiences coalesced into a nugget of new information.

“Yes. That makes sense.”

Keiko watched as She came closer to touching the edge of the world, knowing the stars in the east behind them were beginning to show themselves. She still wondered about the missing star in the Spear constellation and reminded herself to ask Dommi about. She had a more, well, fanciful question first.

“Do you think they get cold? Maybe they’re shivering, and that’s why the edges of the glaciers break off.”

Last edited by Kel; Fri 19/01/18 20:49 UTC. Reason: The GM. 'Nuff said.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Nice to know the Vale is friendly. And one woman's grief should not be too big a difficulty. And I have heard of this glacier. I spent a winter in the Highguaard Reaches. The snow is beautiful, like a soft blanket on the ground.. but it is cold."

He smiles at both Dommi and Keiko.

"So are we heading to Dawnview Castle? I hear you can see the glacier from there. And isn't that where Daxia is? Be nice to see her again."

Last edited by Gypsy; Mon 15/01/18 14:51 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Keiko, she who appreciates art and remembers things
[pronounced KAY-ko... do you think the GM has memorized this yet? Nope, not yet...]

She broke off her contemplation of dragons, glaciers, and jambles to consider Cesare’s question. She looked at the hand the old woman had readjusted for her earlier and chuckled.

“I think perhaps the best view of the glacier might be from Glacier Keep rather than the Castle. Where we’ll find Lady Daxia depends on...” Keiko spread her arms to her sides and shrugged. “Oh, Lady Bekkah, I suppose. And the Fates. It seems that she is not yet in Dawnview Vale. At least, that is what I understand from the Verchovai’s story.”

She looked toward the Sea of Opals and Her graceful dip to the horizon.

“I would like to see the Vale. Tomomi would like to visit the Vale.” She glanced at Lyric and smiled. “I think Lyric would like to see everywhere.

“So, yes. That is a place we might go.”

The Rhoni was silent for a while, long enough for Her to touch the horizon. Keiko sometimes wondered what She saw when people couldn’t see Her. It was fanciful thinking, likely a gift from Uncle Toshi and his penchant for storytelling.

“I don’t mean harm by mentioning it, Cesare,” she said softly, “but have you considered what you should do with the horses Mikal left behind?” She didn’t turn to look at him, preferring to watch the colors changing as She set. The evening colors were often more vibrant than morning ones. “Perhaps Lyric could charm Dama Kadri’s horse. I have ridden hunters before, but never a horse from Amber. I know something about caring for the horses of the Caravan from watching my father and brother.”

There! That perfect combination of orange and red and purple! It was such a beautiful gift that She gave the world each evening. As the red faded to a pink she had never seen elsewhere in nature, Keiko turned and looked once more at Cesare.

“Those of us who Wander have traditionally done so on foot. I find it difficult to fully comprehend the amount of wealth you have. We possess few belongings and thus have little need for pack horses. None of us is a Horse Master.” She laughed. “Although the thought of four fairly inexperienced people leading eight horses across the mainland is something that I’m sure would delight our Young Master’s Lady.”

Keiko nodded toward the makeshift shelter that Dominic and Pietro had fashioned for the horses.

“Any decision, of course, is yours and Lady Bekkah’s for they arrived with you and Mikal appears to have bequeathed them to you. But because they represent such an enormous amount of wealth...” She shrugged before looking at Dominic. “Perhaps our friend Dommi will provide some wisdom regarding this matter.”

[OOC: Putting this here rather than the OOC thread so it is not missed.

Per the GM and my notes, the party has the following horses:
Lisica - Amber mare, Terilanquel Line (Kadri’s horse)
Starlight - Crusader mare, Mikaelsson Farm, Nightmare Line (Bekkah’s horse)
Storm - Crusader mare, Mikaelsson Farm, unknown lineage (Cesare’s horse)
Unnamed Hunter mare, Kierkegaard lineage
Unnamed Carter gelding, unknown lineage
THREE unnamed Drafts (mares, geldings), unknown lineage

I recommend checking the Glossary definitions for Carters and Drafts to understand why I’d like to get rid of these beasts from our “inventory.” Yes, Keiko has been around Drafts her whole life... which explains her comment about Arilys finding the envisioned situation very funny. We, on the other hand, would not be as amused as the Trickster Goddess. And as Cesare certainly knows, horses are expensive, effectively making the party (as I noted to the GM when I clarified the number of horses on hand) filthy rich.

Of course, it’s not my place to recommend anything. And knowing Keiko’s thought process on the matter, it’s better that the nominal owners of the horses work out a solution with the GM from a practical “these are your horses” point of view. Because Keiko’s “my inclination would likely cause as many problems for the people of Waverider’s Watch as it could potentially solve” isn’t going to help any of us.

Hmm. WWDD... What Would Dazi Do? lol Nope, you folks don’t want to know! Politics are involved, let’s leave it at that.]

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He nods, comfortable in the conversation about direction. It did not matter so much to him where they went except that.. like Lyric, though maybe not as much.. he wants to see places he has never seen, meet new people, learn more about this world. And maybe meet more Rhoni on his travels. And his travels have already done that in that he is now set to travel with a kinswoman and through her can hopefully learn more of the Rhoni people and their traditions.

But his eyes widen when she mentions the horses. For so long he has wanted to have a horse of his own. He loves their independence, their grace, their strength and in many cases their loyalty. He had worked hard under Kadri's tutelage to learn to care for them and to ride them.. and now it seems that he and Bekkah own.. he counts them in his head.. seven, no eight! It is beyond his dreams! But can they look after eight? Can they afford to keep and feed that many? Suddenly the responsibility seems overwhelming.

"I think we need to make some decisions. Eight is too many. I doubt we have the expertise to handle them nor the means to provide shelter and food for them as we travel. I think it would be useful to have one each. Riding will be less tiring and maybe allow us to avoid trouble by getting us away from it more quickly."

He shakes his head.

"I don't feel I own these animals. I would like to keep Storm. I feel I have a bond with her now, even though it may only be a small one. And I think we should keep Liscia. I am more familiar with her having cared for her and learned to ride on her. Maybe I could help Lyric get accustomed to her? I would like to honour Kadri's memory and I know she loved Liscia. I think she would want us to take her and care for her. Bekkah of course has Starlight. Maybe you could ride the hunter Keiko?"

He pauses for a moment before continuing.

"And selling the others may be the best option. Maybe Bekkah could persuade the merchants to buy one or two at least. That would give us funds to pay for the others."

He shakes his head.

"These are just my thoughts. I don't feel as if I have the right to decide. Bekkah certainly has as much a say but really I think they belong to all of us."

Lyric, from Glay-shurs to Horses

The Minstrel played softly on her mandolin where she leaned her back against an upticked tooth in the crenelated wall of the overlook floor.

She felt the breeze, and how it pushed through her hair, making it ends dance ever so lightly. It was it's own magic, in how nature touched her body and soul. The waning warmth of the Sun, she could now call Dayalla... though She Who Crosses the Sky was more descriptive and meaningful to her. That warmth upon her face and arms and hands, her legs and feet as well, added to the magic of the wind that carried the smells of salt and sea and mixed with the earth and forest smells. Lyric shivered.

For a time, probably altogether too short a time at that, she was lost within herself and the communion she was making with the world around her. Her music, soft as it was, never stopped though. Just something for the background.

When her attention finally did return to the sounds of her companions and friends talking, it was about horses. But it was a confusion she felt in hearing their words. She wanted to speak, ask a question, and that was obvious to any who took a moment to look back to see her behind them(as they all faced the setting sun since that was the reason to come up here). Lyric felt it was an important question, But it was a question for which she didn't yet have the words. Whatever this question was, whenever it would come to her, it would probably demonstrate how simple she was on so many things about this land beyond her own. Its customs and its ways were so different. And it reminded her just how far away she had travelled from her home of Kethy's Woods.

She had stopped playing as She was slipping away from view beneath the edge of the world and listened and tried to frame her own thoughts. The right question would come to her...

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
The Dirkwood Forest
Waverider’s Watch

Lyric, Cesare, Keiko … Tomomi, Emmi, Mikkie and The Guy Who Owns This Place ...

A simple shake of her head, that was a very interesting answer to the Korie's question. The lordling turned around to rest back against the tower top parapet. It allowed Emerald to lean forward, wrap her arms around his shoulders and rest her head atop his. The adorable image certainly did much to temper the lad's sharp gaze, and it certainly made him seem more than a little harmless and not at all threatening.

"Oh ho! I know exactly where you are from, fairest minstrel of all - and believe me, I have seen many many minstrels! I have heard Taliesen of Trundle serenade Kathena Silvereyes, listened from the shadows when Lady offered Home a rare lullaby and I know which of the Mikailsson siblings has the best voice."

There was an odd mix to his words, serious and yet light, friendly, and in some ways, it reminded Lyric of her own small Village, where it was required there be a preamble before an offering of some manner of gift - fair or foul - was made.

"You must be far traveled indeed, from lands rumored and mysterious, a place where Shaggies compose poetry and their small kin are kinder than an Atteran's prayer."

That Dominic was also a far traveler, that was something most of them already suspected. He then smiled.

"I deduce, and thus I proclaim that you must be from Faraways Hill."

Was that even a place? Only one of them had even heard those syllables before - the Caravan born Rhoni. But even for Keiko, it was just a name heard maybe once or twice in her life. There was nothing mysterious about it save that was truly a place and it probably was very, very far away.

"There are small woods there, and of course a small village about its fountain spring. So far south and west it never snows and only rarely sees thunderclouds and lightning. To have come from that place at the very edge of civilization, all this must be new to you, and thus it explains everything.

"Faraway Hills is a good place for certain minstrels to come from. Maybe they even know the true name of the little woods."

As they spoke the sun slowly began Her fall to the west. Towards the black mountains, the sky was already darkening.

"It seems you are beset to listen to me talk, aren't you ..."

Dominic, after offering the minstrel his odd gift, offered the others a lopsided smile.

"Finding Daxia ... oh that is easy!"

Emerald just cast her eyes downward, giving her Owner a look. Dominic tilted his head upwards, just a bit, to peek at the small Priestess.

"What? I promise I'd wait until just afternoon - who takes a bath right after lunch, ja? Besides, who are you to speak? You abandoned me to explore the Castle while I had to explain to the Khorall - still soaked to the skin - that it was not a mistake, that I had not taken advantage of Her Hospitality, and that I was, indeed, still a proper and respectable companion for her Only Daughter! And then what happens? The Captain of the Allaine guard spooks you and in the middle of proclaiming my innocence I suddenly have to explain why I have a girl on my lap hugging the stuffing out of me?"

Next to Keiko, Tomomi blinked, her eyes wide as saucers. But then she smiled. She let herself lean against her friend and closed her eyes. It was a nice kind of surprise, to discover someone who was once considered their End, to be able to be scared and panicked, just like anyone else. That indeed, she was just like Tomomi, just a Mouse. And like Emmi, maybe, if she traveled as far and saw as much, she might eventually be as brave and strong and find someone to fill her heart just like Emerald Mouse has done.

The little Mouse opened her eyes again, to give the other Mouse a curious look.

It was like lightning striking. Tomomi, she finally understood. Just what a Hero was. Miss Emmi - she was Tomomi's Hero.

"Mine too ..."

Dominic just whispered that, a so gentle confirmation.

Taking a breath, he continued.

"Seek mysteries; not because they are dashing or full of excitement, but that, at their heart, a mystery teaches you the secrets of the world upon which we walk. There you will find Daxia. Where there is something to be learned."

Crossing his arms, Dominic then considered his last question. Because he knew exactly who owned that equine collection, or at the least, who could lay claim to them with just a word - something their previous owners could just never wrap their thoughts about. However, he did not speak at all of that will and by that particular silence, said even more.

"I would compensate you for at least one of the draft horses and the carter; to stay here at Waverider's Watch. They would be a truly valued blessing to the three families that live here, in the Dirkwood's shadow. Of course, I do not carry that many crowns on me, but I do have a bit of influence when it comes to Talantal's Seneschal. Or ...

"Or I can just owe you a favor."

That was an odd coin to offer. Some folks cannot see past the glitter of gold. A Noble's favor, however, was something that could not be priced.

"The merchants would swallow them up if offered, but they too may not have that much coin on hand. But, but, but to send Lady Yurisdotter to do your trading? Do you realize what you just said, Cesare?"

Dominic bit his fist to keep from laughing.

"Oh Cesare, never, never, never ever send the one person who has absolutely no need for pennies, half-crowns, crowns or stars to do your trading, and seven times never send someone who'd be apt to just give a horse away just because it was needed and the right thing to do!

"Atterans may be the most beloved of those who walk upon The Heartwood, but have you ever, ever seen a rich one?"

Smiling, Dominic held up his hand.

"Or you can just turn them all over to me."

He paused, once again, holding his word for a beat.

"As I said, I cannot give you the coin. But just as I know Talatal's Seneschal, Khorall Larsen is a friend and so is the Khorall of Dawnview Vale. And I know folks in Bordertown. I could arrange an equal share to be set up in your names, for you to draw upon in your travels."

"Their travels ..."

It was Mikkie who spoke up then. The quiet retainer.

"The wind may have shifted; it now seems to be blowing in from the east."

That brought Dominic to a pause. His head tilted and he let his gaze slip to the Mill and the stairway. In a world where the Gods and Goddesses are real, there is never such a thing as coincidences. Grumpy Old Women and Noble Rakes don't end up in the same place without a reason. He nodded and spoke again.

"You folks have seen one end of the known world. You should see it's other farthest reach. They say Dawnview Castle is the most magnificent Keep between sunset and sunrise and that is not a fanciful tale.

"True, it is a long path to take up.

"And it may be a long while before our paths cross again. Journeys can't start by staying put. The morrow should be a good day to start looking for a new sunset.

"Just remember ...

"It's not the distance that matters, ja?

"It's who you travel with and the lives you touch along the way."

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 21/01/18 15:52 UTC.
Lyric

If that question was ever to come, it would not be in this moment. Dominic had returned his attention to her and, in some semblance of bardic tradition, the Korie noble told a story of her background. It was quite convincing, and at some level it was also quite revealing.

No longer trying to frame a question about 'owning horses' she now looked at Dommi, and smiled smiled.

With that smile, she turned away to look out the nearest gap in the wall. She stared out to the treeline, with Dommi and the others at her back.

Gentle Heart, she mouthed and she let those silent words float like magic in the air, across the distance between her and the forest to One Fang. Be safe and know that I will see you again. Remember my name when you need me and I will come.

Without turning back to Dommi as she started to speak, she said, "If the Lord of these Lands 'Proclaims' it, then it must be so..."

She turned to face Dommi, offering hands out, palms up, as though it were part of a shrug. She smiled, and those piercing blue eyes focused on him, "Faraway Hills... a village so small that our Poet Shaggies had to share rhyming words."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He laughs at Dommi's description of Bekkah selling horses. Nodding too at the truth in the words.

"Aye she might at that."

Still chuckling he adds

"..and I have no objection to leaving the spare horses with you and the villagers here. I know they will be cared for.. which is the most important thing.. and I never planned to be a rich man.."

He laughs again.

"..and a good job as that is so unlikely to happen."

He seems very unconcerned about that, in fact, pleased that they have a resolution to their problem.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
The Dirkwood Forest
Waverider’s Watch

Lyric, Cesare, Keiko … Tomomi, Emmi, Mikkie and Dominic ...

Dominic smiled as Lyric adopted Faraway Hills.

"It is a very happy place for your big, furry poets, is it not?

"It is so small, their vocabulary isn't big enough to include the word orange ..."

Soon the sun set upon Waverider's Watch. The stars came out, all of them, including the two that braved the Dark Patch. One by one by one the tower top became less occupied, as sleep called, a summons that claimed all. Last upon the littlest keep was Death and a Fox; even its traditional keeper was shooed away to his bunk below.

"Dominic Korie ..."

She spoke just two words and Emerald's voice was but a whisper. Her Lady's stars - the seven that make up the Crown of Ice - rose low in the sky, looking down at them.

"... do I think you'd look absolutely adorable in white?"

His just as quiet response was, of course, carried away by a mischevious breeze.

"Ja ..."

She blushed.

"Ja ..."

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 04/02/18 19:18 UTC.

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Barry Mulvihill
Barry Mulvihill
Columbus Ohio, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,823
Posts140,419
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy