As you may have noticed, it is now possible to have a small graphic beneath your name by your posts: an Avatar.

Interesting. How do I get one?

Click on 'My Stuff' (Located in the menu bar across the top of the page) and select 'Profile' from the dropdown menu. Scroll down to the bottom of your profile page, beneath the signature entry box.

I see it. So, can I use an avatar from another web page?

Why yes, provided the image is a maximum of 80 pixels by 80 pixels in size, and in the .gif, .jpg or .png formats. Click on the radio button beside:

URL to your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted)

Then paste the internet location of the image you wish to use in the space provided. Press the button marked 'Submit' and all is good.

Very nice, but what if I want to upload an image from my own computer?

As before, if the image is at most 80 by 80 pixels and a .gif, a .jpg or a .png, click the radio button next to:

Upload your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted)

Then paste its location in the space provided. In this case, there's also a browse button to assist in locating your representative artwork. Once that is in place, confirm with the 'Submit' button.

I've had an avatar, but it's not for me. Can I get rid?

There is a radio button you can select to do just that: 'I no longer want to have an avatar.' With that chosen, 'Submit' and return to pristine avatarlessness.

Last edited by nemarsde; Mon 02/02/09 17:23 UTC.