Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (TennesseeMaiden, Vryx), 21 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She can see of course with Whisper's help. She wants to check that each one is dead and so might as well search them whilst she is at it. Her intention is to put aside anything she finds and show it to the others in the morning.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She watches Jaliera search and once she is done she asks, "Do you mind if I burn them? Leaving them just lie here will attract predators, and it is too late to move the camp."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Not at all."

She smiles towards Kallista.

"Whisper and I will lend a hand."

Probably a job best out of the way.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[b]DM[b]

The hobgoblins were all dead. And they didn't have much in the way of pocket change. It totaled only 15 gold in small coins. They also had a lot of worthless things such as shiny stones, whittled twigs, small swatches of cloth, buttons, nails, string and a crumbled piece of parchment.

Jaliera, out of curiosity, straightens out the parchment and is surprised to see a note:

Quote:
Favric was sent to Thundertree to kill the druid and recruit the dragon. Check on him but don't get yourself killed. I need to know if Favric does ....

It is unfortunate that the parchment has been torn and only half the message is available.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He had changed to his large bear form to fight, and will remain in his bear form to help in dragging the corpses into a pile upwind and far enough away from their camp to avoid the unpleasant smell.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She moves to her companions, softly calling them together.

"Look what I have found."

She reads the note and then offers it around for those that want to see.

"Anyone make anything of it? This is the location we were told to find our Druid in so he must be the same one they are discussing here."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

Handling dead bodies has literally been his stock and trade for most of his life, so Chandan helps move them out of habit. He speaks to the dead hobgoblins amiably while he does.

"Maybe in your next life you'll remember to duck."
"Better cover your face, might put crows off their food."
"Don't hold grudge against Jaliera, she wasn't aiming for your crotch, you jumped."
"Few pieces missing from you--- Hey, maybe you find out answer to whether bears s*** in the woods."

Etc.

The old monk ambles over to Jaliera when she reveals the torn parchment, stopping to pat Davroar on the head.

Kriv was bedding down again and Kallista washing her hands perhaps.

"Thundertree, hmmm," he ponders, remembering the map they'd perused in Phandelin, "Over one hundred miles, maybe one-twenty, but the route takes us passed Phandelin at least."

[Sorry, recap needed. grin Why are we going to Thundertree in-continuity? Don't we already have the location of Cragmaw and it's a lot closer.]

Last edited by nemarsde; Thu 03/11/16 18:45 UTC.
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Technically you don't as finding the Druid was to learn where Cragmaw was, which you now know. Rather than having you head to Thundertree, I can play out the Dragon encounter with the other group and have both groups meet up in Phandalin, minus Lingo, Balthazar, and Kallista. Sildar Hallwinter can introduce you to each other. If that works better?)

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Yeah, I only just realised we don't have an in-continuity reason to go to Thundertree now. Meeting up in Phandelin makes a lot more sense from that perspective, I think.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Neil, you are correct, although going to Phandelin would have been nothing more than delivering messages of completed missions. This was all a way to egg you on to Thundertree to merge the parties. Period.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
I can go either way. The timelines are not necessarily in synch so anything is possible.

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 03/11/16 20:54 UTC. Reason: spelling
AJ Offline
Kriv

Those to whom the darkness was not an impediment could likely see the calculating expression on the face of the Dragonborn noble.

"Recruiting a dragon, you say? If we can steal a march on that, I dare say Cragmaw Castle would be ill-suited to an aerial assault. All speed to Thundertree after we hit Phandelin, then!"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Actually a good reason, AJ, for the original concept.

Neal - Presuming the "Spider" is the one trying to recruit a Dragon, disrupting that plan is a good reason to go to Thundertree I think.)

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Works for me! grin

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Nice thinking AJ! To Thundertree... And Beyond!!]

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He slips back into his human form when Jaliera finishes reading the note, and shows obvious concern in the tone of his voice in not wanting a fellow druid to be assassinated by this Favric person.

"Nevermind the dragon. I'd like to get there quick as possible to stop this Favric."

Just how old this note is anyone's guess, and due to the lack of success in getting his message to the Reidoth, Davroar fears the worse.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Understood. We will conclude our business in Phandelin quickly and then go straight there. Best we get some rest now so we can travel."

She smiles around at those gathered, pleased they have a plan and a real sense of finally being on the right path.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - I will start a new thread for this group to link up with the other group as soon as I get back from my business trip after 11/20. In the meantime you can talk and presume you are traveling.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
The five heroes start on their way to Phandelin. The journey takes a few days but there are no hostile encounters that produce a real threat to them on their way. They arrive back in the town just before dinner time.

AJ Offline
Kriv

With time an issue, the Dragonborn is quick to chivvy people along, recommending they fulfil their duties in short order.

He heads in to apprise his Lords Alliance contact on what has been accomplished so far, as befits proper respect for the chain of command.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She looks around at the others.

"Number of things we need to do here. Go see the retired warrior, go see the Sister and collect the healing potions, catch up on any news and resupply ready for the next stage. Davroar and I can go visit the warrior, we met him before. So maybe someone else can visit the sister? Then we can get rooms at the inn and see what else we might learn about the next stage of our journey and those involved in it whilst we get a decent hot dinner. That sound like a plan?"

Her spirits are quite high, looking forward to tying up some loose ends, eating well and sleeping in a soft bed.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He nods in agreement with what Jaliera and adds, "I guess we should also see Sildar too?"

AJ Offline
Kriv

Glancing back,

"Got Sildar covered."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He smiles and waves cheerily to the townsfolk as they walk along the main street, regardless of the reaction to their return.

Although a taproom would be his first choice, they have no time to lose, barely even time for a light refreshment, so the old monk signals his intent to visit the Sister. He'll have to make-do with a quick refill of his gourd at the Stonehill.

"I go visit Sister, get potions, meet you at the inn."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smiles.

"OK, won't be too long. See you back at the inn."

She heads off with Davroar to see the retired adventurer, glad to have some time with just him. The group seem to be working together better now but at times, living in such proximity with each other can be a strain.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Barry Mulvihill
Barry Mulvihill
Columbus Ohio, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,823
Posts140,419
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy