Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 35 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: You don't get to talk. Agatha reacts. Everyone needs to make a DC 13 CON save. If you succeed, you take 10 points of damage. If you fail, you drop to 0.

Agatha

The banshee is not fooled by Kriv's antics and becomes infuriated with the mind-trick that the dragonborn attempted. As he finishes his request, the banshee shares it's anguish with a loud, mournful wail. The sound shakes the trees and branches that make up it's lair but also rattles the minds of the living. Blood starts to ooze from your ears as the death wail assaults you.

Those who do not die heard an answer in the wail, "The disposition of the spellbook formerly belonging to the mage Bowgentle is in the hands of a necromancer named Tsernoth from the city of Iriaebor and the name of the wizard who built the Old Owl Tower is Arthindol."

As it quiets, it starts to fade and then disappears.

Last edited by Neptune; Wed 14/09/16 11:42 UTC.
AJ Offline
The Dragonborn stood there for a moment, eyes where the banshee had been, then slowly, ever so slowly, keeled over backwards, thudding against the unforgiving earth unceremoniously.

Kriv Save or die hear the answers
AJ rolled 1d20+3 and got 10

Kriv Death save
AJ rolled 1d20 and got 8

1/3 failures.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

Standing back she grins wryly at Kriv's word play, tensing a bit as she waits for Agatha's response.

It is not long in coming, and she claps her hands over her ears as the wail pierces her brain. The screech staggers her, but she manages, just barely, to maintain consciousness.

Kallista Con Save
Zeim rolled d20+2 and got 13

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Chandan isn't in the treehouse-lair-thing, but I've rolled anyway in case I need to.
Chandan CON Save DC 13
nemarsde rolled 1d20+2 and got 7]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Wail (1/Day). The banshee releases a mournful wail, provided that she isn't in sunlight. This wail has no effect on constructs and undead. Al l other creatures within 30 feet of her that can hear her must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, a creature drops to 0 hit points. On a success, a creature takes 10 (3d6) psychic damage.

So, I guess you're saying that Chandan is more than 30 feet away, which I'll buy. You definitely need a couple of people to survive to provide healing.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He falls to his knees, eyes closed, and pressing both hands to his ears in a vain attempt to block the banshee's wail from his mind. When it finally ends, his head hurts like hell as he slowly opens his eyes and finds it gone and with Kriv lying on the ground. In more of a stumble than a purposeful stride, he reaches Kriv's side and casts a healing spell on the Dragonborn.

Davroar CON save DC
Dugan rolled 1d20+3 and got 13

Davroar Cure wounds
Dugan rolled 1d8+2 and got 4

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Hi Nep. Chandan's outside the front door, so however large the lair is. If it's cottage-size, I imagine he'd be in range.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, Chandan should roll his save.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan Death save
nemarsde rolled 1d20 and got 3

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the death saves but that clock isn't ticking until we see Jaliera's rolls. So far:

Kalista & Davroar are up
Chandan & Kriv are down

Kriv will be up next round - before any death saves are needed.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She is scared by this creature and not sure what she can add that will help. Fortunately Kriv seems to be doing quite well.. at least until it all goes pear-shaped.

Jaliera Con save
Gypsy rolled 1d20 and got 17

The noise is like nothing she has ever heard in this world.. and she hopes never to hear it again. But at the end she is still standing. She moves to help Davroar with Kriv.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The banshee is gone. She took the comb. Two members of the team are down and the survivors have been harmed by the wail. Davroar rushes over to Kriv and tries to cure him. It takes a moment, but he opens his eyes. Outside the lair, Chandan is lying on the ground, a small pool of blood is forming where his head meets the dirt.

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn slowly focused on the Druid, then gradually raised himself up, gingerly.

"You know, I'm giving serious consideration to favouring your method for dealing with the undead."

He reached around for his fallen journal, smoothed the pages and quickly made true the root of his provocative question, filling in the incomplete commentary before adding in the words seared into his brain at eldritch, near-fatal volume.

"Looks like we didn't need the perfume, either."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

Her head still ringing from the Banshee's Wail, she see Kriv sit up, but notes Chandan is still lying on the ground, apparently unconscious.

"Davroar, can you look at Chandan. I'll try to keep a lookout for anything else coming, though an elefant could sneak up on me right now and I'd not hear it."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She had not been aware of the impact of the screech on those outside of the dwelling but a screech that loud and angry was bound to penetrate. She rushes outside to see how bad the situation is.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He gives a quick smile at Kriv's comment on the undead, but does not want to say anything more just in case the banshee is nearby. Instead, he only says, "Good to see you're up..."

Then with Kallista mentioning Chandan is hurt too, he stands up and says, "Thanks Kallista, I'll see what I can do."

Back outside, his head clears up a little as he heads over to where Chandan has fallen and casts another healing spell on the old man.

Davroar Cure wounds on Chandan
Dugan rolled 1d8+2 and got 6

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He blinks and stares up at the young druid, Davroar, whose head is framed by the dappled light through the leaves above.

It's true that Chandan did have a drink from his new wineskin, after the others had entered the banshee's lair. That's the last thing he remembers....

Sitting up, the monk winces and groans, his head sore, and glances at the wineskin.

"Holy cow, that is some strong drink!" He gasps.

Clambering to his feet, Chandan pats Davroar on the shoulder.

"How are you?"

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"I feel like someone's stuck a pine tree through my ear and shaken it. Other than that, I'm good."

Davroar will offer his hand to help Chandan stand up if he wants it.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

It would seem that there is no more to gain here as both missions were completed - although at a temporary price. Banshees are a dangerous foe, and Agatha will continue to haunt this place.

Now the party needs to decide where to go next.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

Thanking Davroar for the helping hand, Chandan shuffles on his feet, looking around for his rusty old spear. Upon finding it, he picks it up with a loud cracking of his back.

"That undead was lot more lively than me!"

When the others appear, the monk suggests a next move.

"While we're here in the east hills, might as well go see the Red Wizard if we have his answer.

"But still we are no closer to Cragmaw Castle."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She had been hovering nearby, concerned for their fallen comrade.

"Well one encounter here was definitely enough for me. And yes Cragmaw is our ultimate goal but we still need to revisit the wizard and collect the potions from the druid. I wouldn't want to head for the castle without them."

AJ Offline
Kriv

He tucked away his journal, and nodded agreement with Jaliera.

"In terms of our intermediate objectives, we have what we came for. Perhaps I could have asked for Cragmaw's location as well, but there was no indication she knew of it, and pressing our luck further..."

He left that unsaid.

"So, double back to the red wizard. Do we have any other likely targets around here?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Not here no. Apart from a few loose ends in town, the next thing would be to find Reidoth the druid. He is supposed to be in the ruins of Thundertree and knows a lot about the area."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"I did try to send a message to Reidoth two nights ago, and told him we would be heading to Old Owl Well. I was hoping he might have been there when we first got there..."

Then of course meeting up with the red wizard got them moving immediately to here instead. Davroar thinks if there is still no word or sign from Reidoth when they get back to Old Owl Well, then more than likely his message never made it to him.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

"You did well to get the information you did." Chandan says to Kriv, pausing to ponder before continuing, "A phantom like her is probably bound to this place anyway. Little chance she even remember where Phandelin is, let alone Cragmaw."

The bedraggled monk looks around the gloomy forest. He'll be glad to be gone from it.

"Come. Let's walk back to the road. From there, Old Owl Well."

Chandan starts humming a prayer in his native tongue.

From what he can gather, Davroar had saved him and Kriv... again. Chandan sings for the blessings of the Lords of Karma, to be speedy in their rewarding of the druid.

But the Dragonborn had also shown that there were virtues to having a reptilian mind, whilst Jaliera and Kallista had stood tall against the dread magic that had felled the rest of the party.

Much to be thankful for!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,707
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy