Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (KenSeg, Vryx), 22 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#853165 Wed 18/05/16 22:27 UTC
Gryphon Offline OP
Confusingly Confused
OP Offline
Confusingly Confused
Does anyone else watch and keep up on these shows?

If not, they are fun superhero shows- I personally think DC does a beter TV show than Marvel (Shield) though I prefer the movies by Marvel over the DC counterparts.

I am enjoying all three of the shows, though I think The Flash is my current favorite, though I really like the in depth characters of Arrow.

What do you all think of Supergirl moving to the CW?

M
M
nope. I watched a couple of episodes of each but couldn't get interested. Supergirl was a particular disappointment.

The others were so far from what I hoped for ... well I gather that some folks really like the shows <shrug>

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Online Busy
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
I have watched all three.

I enjoy Arrow for the characters and the gritty feel.

I like the Flash the best.

I like Supergirl but it feels like they are trying too hard. I am interested to see how it goes on the CW.

Gryphon Offline OP
Confusingly Confused
OP Offline
Confusingly Confused
The first half of the Supergirl series was okay, but in my opinion it got much better during the second half- at the end of the first season I was happy it had been renewed.

Mike, what were you hoping for with Arrow and Flash?

M
M
Something more 'true' to the comic book heroes I grew up with <sigh>

MikeD
Gryphon Offline OP
Confusingly Confused
OP Offline
Confusingly Confused
Mike, what were the characters like when you were growing up, and how are they different in the shows?

I think Lois and Clark has come closest to the image I had for Clark Kent, so I think I understand where you are coming from.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
My Superman image growing up was the B&W TV Show with George Reeves, so this new incarnation of Supergirl, while I watch occasionally, is jarring. Everyone seems to know who she is and Jimmy Olsen is the antithesis of the Jimmy Olsen I grew up with.

just announced by the CW that they will do a 4 way crossover with all 4 franchises... supergirl/legends/flash/arrow.

I love supergirl

love flash and arrow too.

all three for differing reasons- though I must admit the resolution to their laurel lance quandary left me a little puzzled and disappointed in arrow- they wrote themselves into a corner and she became two dimensional... but killing her off seemed arbitrary--- for what, to reintroduce her with another actress and thus a new backstory to explore?

legends is my least favorite but that is not to say I don't like it... I actually do, just not as much. I actually enjoy snart much more now that he is a lead and as a villain of the week. he's fun.

anyway- I just like having comic hero stories and I allow myself to get into the story that the creators want to tell and don't try to hold preconceived notions on how I think the story or character should be presented.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
When it first came out, I watched Supergirl because a friend of mine loved it (looks at Nivek), and as it kept going it kept getting better. I love the Flash, but Supergirl is just a little bit cuter, so that is my first go-to when I am catching up on recorded shows- at least for the Superhero ones.

My very first go-to, however, is Damien. Then Supergirl. Yes... the anti-Christ beats out cuteness. Don't judge me too harshly.

I like Legends too, Jim, and it just beats out Arrow because of Snart. He is such a fun character!

Jinkies!
M
M
Gryph, it is probably mostly a 'time period' thing. Compare 'old' shows like 'Dragnet' to the current cop shows like ... Criminal Minds. Things were simpler, more straight forward ... more black and white.

MikeD
Don Offline
Ziem,

Only your TV was black & white. The Adventures of Superman was filmed (on actual film) in color, as was I love Lucy which was cutting edge for TV at the time. grin

M
M
<ha ha ha> Not to rain on your parade Don, but ...

1.) the first show 'filmed' in color was Disney's Wonderful World Of Color was the first TV show 'filmed' in color ...

2.) Bonanza was the first show to air in color (it occupied the time slot immediately proceeding the W W O C <g>) I know because I watched the 'switch' to color when it happened <g>

My dad worked for RCA at the time <wink>

MikeD
Gryphon Offline OP
Confusingly Confused
OP Offline
Confusingly Confused
Mike, I see what you are saying- now days there is sympathy for the devil while heroes are a bit tarnished to make them more human.

It was nice when heroes were always the good guy and villains were always the bad guy.

M
M
Yeah ... I'm looking for entertainment. If I want 'gritty reality' I can just read the news <g>

MikeD

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,828
Posts140,450
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy