Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He watches the exchange, though most of his attention is on the surround. Chandan's happy for the others to take the lead. Frankly he's unused to either leadning or following.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

So it seems they have a diversion to undertake. It sounds interesting but probably dangerous. They should try to find out more from other sources.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Kost looks from person to person in the group and with random nods he declares "Then it seems we have a deal. Now, let me get back to my studies and work. I'll be here when you return."

With little else to accomplish here, the group needs to decide on a next move. They now have two separate request for them to visit Agatha. There's also Thundertree to investigate.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Business concluded for now, she checks around and confers with Whisper that all seems safe for the moment. Then she stows her bow and takes out their map, spreading it out for the others to see once they rejoin her and Chandan.

"So where do you think we should head first?" she asks as the others wander over.

AJ Offline
Kriv

Once the wizard had gone back to his work, and once Kriv's face couldn't be read from his direction, he dropped the mask of civility into a scowl.It was clear that there was something on his mind about this. Nonetheless, in the same diplomatic tone,

"Proximity should be our primary guide, but if that is even, let's say Agatha."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He peers over the map. Wonderful things, though he's noticed that they're only really useful for a road traveller.

It must be very handy being a druid like Davroar, who could just stop and ask a goose for directions if he got lost in the wilderness.

Chandan glances up and cocks his head. He hasn't known the dragonborn long, but in that time Kriv has not been a great emoter. So his scowl seems unusual to the monk.

"What irks you, Kriv Norixius?" He asks.

The monk also considers their next move.

"Wyvern Tor is closest. That is next step in rescuing Rockcutter too."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

With no sign or word from Reidoth here yet, he says ,"Whatever is closest."

Davroar wishes that they could wait around a bit longer just in case Reidoth did manage to get his message he sent yesterday. It does not seem that will happen, but hopefully if they stick fairly close Reidoth could possible pick up on their trail.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Wyvern Tor is closest.." she confirms, rolling up the map and placing it carefully in her pack.

"Remind me.. that is where a band of orcs live.. orcs that caused the town some problems and lately this wizard.. and where we hope to find the location of Cragmaw castle so we can rescue Gundren.. yes?"

"Means we need to capture a talkative orc? Anyone speak the language?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"Goblin. We might find an Orc who speaks Goblin I guess."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He shakes his head.

The monk can speak to rocks more than he can speak orcish. The level of conversation with rocks is probably higher too.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He shrugs his shoulders and adds, "I only know Dwarven."
An orc might know the language being somewhat related to the underground races, but still probably a low chance to find one that does.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: I won't get to it until tonight, but I'll be putting up a new thread that gets you to Wyvern Tor to deal with orcs. You have until then to change direction or do anything else here.]

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Who's to say all orcs speak orc anyway? grin I have Gujarati and Punjabi friends who can barely string a sentence together in their heriditary languages. Not to mention the number of people I know who don't speak Welsh or Gaelic when D&D suggests they should.]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
TennesseeBaron
TennesseeBaron
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,838
Posts140,615
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy