Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gypsy), 33 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Jayden

Somehow Dizzy had found the boy, but too late. The child was dead.

Jayden went down on both knees. He reached out and lightly stroked the cat behind its ears.

"We were too late, huh, Dizzy?" he murmured as he looked more closely at the child's corpse, trying to determine the cause of his death. Briefly he glanced from the boy's body to the other cat and then back to DC before returning his attention to the dead boy.

"Is this one a friend of yours, Dizzy?"

Last edited by Exeter; Mon 30/11/15 22:36 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Sure, why not? Shadow is meowing at him. :)]

[OOC: I just thought Shadow was communicating with 'the spirit' and wasn't sure about Jayden... I'll edit the post above and will delete this one as soon as someone else posts.]

Last edited by Exeter; Mon 30/11/15 22:37 UTC.
AJ Offline
Shadow

He did not spare the burden the slightest bit of notice, and made sure that that was plain to see in the arch of his posture. It was not something he considered Mine, nor a threat, thus it was not his problem. The spirit was another matter. He purred at it,

"Authority ultimately grows from the point of a claw: I've battled more dangerous spirits than you. I do not threaten the burden, I have no reason to and would not stand to gain from it. But you deny me respect for my territory and its inviolability: To let that pass unchallenged is to lose ground. Who are you, that you would claim this one, and to what purpose do you intend to use him?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit laughed. " He is my progeny. He called and I came."

The boy is cold like that of a night in the forest. He has been dead some time.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Not sure if she can see Jayden's spirit? Or hear Shadow's conversation?]

Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She watches as her burden looks at the little burden. She is satisfied now that someone knows he is there. But she is also concerned about Jezzabella. She needs her burden to pay the old cat some attention, so she wanders over to her and rubs herself against the torso.

Jayden

There was obviously nothing he could do for the child, but he did not want to leave the body unattended and at the mercy of forest prowlers. Jayden reached to pick the child up, but caught Dizzy's movement peripherally and moved to join her at the prone cat's side.

"What do you want me to do, Dizzy?" he asked and reached out to touch his cat and then to stroke the fur of the older, unconscious feline.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Good. She seems to have his attention. Now how to get him to take Jezzabella out of here.

She crouches down, tail and butt high in the air and pushes Jezzabella with her delicate nose as if she is trying to move her. Then she looks up at her burden to see if he understands.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC Cats have enough of the magical gift, that unless the spirit is doing something that would cloud her sight, she can see it. In this instance she is aware of it all. Sorry I wasn't clearer.]

Jayden

Kneeling between the unconscious cat and the child's corpse, Jayden tried to make sense of the little cat's - his little cat's - actions. I was almost as if she was trying to tell him something.

Something about the unconscious cat?

Surely the dead boy was more important than a cat, he thought.

But maybe not more important to another cat.

Cats weren't like dogs, though, who were... pack animals, he supposed you would call it. Cats always seemed more solitary... more aloof.

"What is it you want, Dizzy?"

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Is he really this dense?

Doesn't he understand that he needs to save Jezzabella? And why does he keep making those noises that she doesn't understand?

She sits there beside the old cat staring at her burden. She is aware of the spirit hovering close to him. Where had that come from? She talks to Shadow. Of course to Jayden this is just meowing.

"Where did you find the spirit?"

AJ Offline
Shadow

Off-pawedly, he replied,

"It came with the burden prior to passing through My territory, claims to be the progenitor and protector of it, called by it. What happened here?"

Jayden

She obviously seemed more concerned with the unconscious, older looking cat than with the boy. He supposed it made sense from her point of view...

"Stupid cat," he muttered.

Jayden shook his head briefly, eyes closed, not at all accustomed to thinking of cats having points of view.

"And I called it Stupid."

Finally, he reached both hands underneath the cat and lifted it carefully. He duck-walked with it over to the child's body, lay it upon the boy's stomach and carefully lifted both, grunting as his knees popped with the movement.

"Let's get back to the car and just hope the cops don't charge me for messing up a crime scene or something similar."

Jayden headed back toward the place he'd parked his car.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Finally he gets the message and lifts Jezzabella gently. She rubs against his legs giving her approval and then talks to Shadow whilst he goes over to the boy.

"He called a spirit?"

She is more than surprised.

"It wasn't around earlier. I think we are going to go back to town in the metal thing. Do you want a lift? It isn't too bad, especially if you lie down."

Then she turns her attention to the spirit.

"How did he call you? And are you here to protect him?"

AJ Offline
Shadow

He looked contemptuously at the Burden-container, then back at the neophyte cat. He grumbled,

"I will trust to my paws. Now, what happened here?"

Jayden

Reaching the car, Jayden placed the two bodies - on deceased, one apparently comatose - on the ground, unlocked the doors with the button on his key fob and opened the back door. After a few moments of lifting and tugging, he was able to get the boy's corpse spread out on the back seat and the cat sort of curled up on the rear floorboard.

Then he opened the front door and turned to the other two cats, frowning a little that the other cat he didn't know was still with them.

"You ready, Dizzy?" he said, gesturing toward the door.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit stayed attached and hovering near the burden.

The unconscious Jezzabella is now lying on the floorboard of the car.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Did the spirit ignore her questions? Thanks! ]

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: No the GM did. Oops.]

The spirit answered "I protect him," but didn't seem to address the calling question.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Well not all spirits are bad.. or so she was lead to believe.. and if true well extra help is very welcome.

"I'll see you back in town Shadow. Not sure exactly where we are going."

With that she jumps into the metal thing and settles herself down on the seat, claws ready to grab on if needed. She needs her burden to do something to help Jezzabella but what she doesn't know - even if she could communicate it!

Jayden

Jayden closed the door behind Dizzy, got inside himself and started the car, pausing to think a moment before pulling off. The police station... that had to be his first stop.

But if he did go to the police station with the corpse, they would raise hell at him... why had he moved the body, messed up the crime scene - if crime it had been - instead of just calling the cops?

Suddenly it occurred to Jayden that he had not been thinking clearly... not in a long time, it seemed. He pulled his cell phone out.

No signal...

Police station or the hospital? The hospital now seemed to make more sense to him.

Jayden pulled away and headed toward the hospital and toward the emergency room entrance.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Despite her own anxiety - the strange arrival of the spirit, the state of Jezzabella, the worry over the woods and what might be coming - she can also sense that her burden is not his usual relaxed happy self either.

But the metal thing wakes up and starts taking them towards town. Nothing she can do now but wait.. or talk to the spirit.

"What can you do to protect him?"

The more she can find out the better.

AJ Offline
Shadow

He began his return path. Jezzabella potentially out of contention meant there may well be a power vacuum: For an ambitious cat, several naps' worth of foreknowledge before the information spread could be as delicious as the scent of catnip. It was time to shore up his position, see if he could make a jump for the highest point...

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Shadow would know that Jezzabella had been grooming the cat Sable for her position. So potentially there isn't a vacuum, but there could be contention. His return to his territory is uneventful.

Jayden travels to the hospital, turning into the Emergency Room entrance.

Jayden

He put the car into park, got out and advised the emergency room attendants that he'd found the body of the missing boy and that it was in his car.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,705
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy