Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Phoenix Prime, Miales), 40 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC As Jaliera has stated she wants to explore those areas possibly connected to the orc problem. Lack of preparation & a frontal assault almost got them killed last time. smile ]

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

The wizened old monk marvels at the delicasy given to him by Kallista, and bows his head deeply in gratitude.

He savours every mouthful, delighted.

"Last time we fought cave-dwelling goblins in the goblins' cave. Unwise maybe, but then circumstance pays little heed to wisdom or folly.

"We do what we must." He says, but adds, "Preferably in broad daylight with orcs in a very bad spot."

[I'm ready to roll.]

AJ Offline
Kriv

He nodded his comprehension to the serving-girl, though he did not share her humour.

"Acknowledged, thank you."

Turning back to his colleagues, "The defender's boon is location. The attacker's boon is time. If we want them to suffer beneath the noonday sun, we had best get a move on."

[Hit it.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
I deleted this post because it was premature.

Last edited by Neptune; Fri 30/01/15 16:34 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I am not setting out until we have found the location of the tunnel which might give us a back way in and the element of surprise. And I want to speak to the woman that was injured. Shouldn't take a lot of time but a little time now can save time later and maybe save lives."

She looks around the others.

"I will ask where the boy and the woman live and intend to head there."

She does seem determined and heads to talk to either one of the couple that run this inn to get directions.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

"Ah, and so a plan is formed." He says, sounding stimulated.

"Kriv and Karok can ask after the wounded Sister at the shrine. 'What waylaid her in the wilderness?'

"You Jaliera and Davroar could speak to the boy, Carp Alderleaf. 'Where is this tunnel at the edge of town?'

"Kallista and I could speak to the Halia Thornton at the Miner's Exchange. 'Where is Wyvern Tor?'

"Of Gundren's brothers we need not worry. If they are camped nearby, they will surely come into town and hear of us and Jalleira's note."

Chandan stands and looks at his companions and smiles.

"Meet outside Barthen's Provisions at noon, and from there we go smite orcs... perhaps with the aid of newfound knowledge.

"Hooo, brisk work for a morning! Good for working up a thirst!"

[All in agreement say "Aye"! wink ]

Karok

"Aye! Sounds like a plan."

AJ Offline
Kriv

He rose to his feet, preparing to head out accordingly.

"A reasonable division of labour. Let us proceed."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Her plan and better. She smiles and nos happily. Of course being paired with Davroar might have something to do with it.

She moves over to Davroar.

"Ready?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"Fine by me."

(OOC - One edit needed, though. We woke up late, around 10AM according to the DM, so its probably already at least 11 or 12 after we ate. Our meeting time would need to be in the afternoon sometime.)

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Pfff. What are we, on vacation!? Let's say we took 30 mins for breakfast then. grin Then we can conduct interviews and meet at noon. Each interview should only take about 10-15 mins.]

Last edited by nemarsde; Sun 01/02/15 18:02 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[I just saw the map that Zeim posted and it says that Wyvern Tor is 70 miles away from Phandelin along the Triboar Trail!! That must be a 4-5 day hike.

Out of character, are we barking up the wrong tree here?]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Key says one hex = 5 miles, so it's more like 35 miles away. Still, it is several days of wilderness travel away, yes. To reply, OOC, there are several quests that are days of travel away from Phandelin, not just the Orcs.)

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Aye, 35 miles I guess as the crow flies. I didn't know if the module just gave various plot hooks you can use in Phandelin, but the actual adventure as written is in a specific direction.]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - It's all tied in. We (speaking for Neptune and myself here) won't be giving you clues to missions that will take you out of the module. Not all missions are key to the main plot line, but they're all accounted for.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: I wouldn't worry about Zeim's maps wink As he said this is all tied in. And as I said earlier this chapter of the module is all over the place and allows different parties to take different paths. And two different DMs may handle things very differently. It's already happened a couple of times where Zeim and I took different approaches.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[OOC: Sorry everyone but it turns out I'll be slow until Thursday. I'm in these all-day meetings at work that seem to evolve into evenings of raucous, boozy evenings of hobnobbing with the big bosses at work. That's leaving me with very little time or coherence to post. This all ends Wednesday night, at which time I'll start sleeping off the haze.]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Yeah, it's funny. I almost never drink, other than at a wedding or something. But go out with the VPs at work and it's one drink after the other.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Miner's Exchange (Chandan & Kalista)

The elderly monk and the pretty tiefling warlock head off together towards the miner's exchange. It's a small building in the southwest corner of the town. They walk down the street between the townmaster's hall on their left and the Lionshield Coster, a modest trading post on their right before arriving at their destination.

The miner's exchange is a trading post where local miners have their valuable finds weighed, measured and paid out. Sitting behind the counter is a human woman. She looks up from some paperwork she was reading when the pair walk in. "Good morning," she says as she looks them up and down. "You do not look like miners to me. How can I help you?"

Aderleaf Farm - (Jaliera & Davroar)
Davroar had passed through the Aderleaf farm in wolf form last night and so he was able to lead Jaliera there easily. The easiest way to get there was to walk down the street between the townmaster's hall and the Lionshield Coster and make the first left onto the street that heads back east. They pass a few homes and farms before reaching their destination. The farm is behind a small house and as they approach they see a middle aged halfling woman working the land in back of the home.

Shrine of Luck - (Karok and Kriv)
Karok and Kriv make their way over to the Shrine of Luck. Karok had met the young elf, Sister Garaele, when they had come into town. She was pleasant but cautious at that time, not knowing anything about the new folks in town. The temple is a small shrine made of stones gathered from nearby ruins. She sees the pair and reacts with a smile, "Good morning Master Karok. It seems that Lady Luck is shining upon me. I had hoped that you would return and you bring a friend. Good fortune to you both. I am Sister Garaele," she says to Kriv. "Well met sir."

ooc: please add your location next to your PC name in your posts to help sort things out. There'll be three mini-threads here and I don't want to start new ones for this.
Also, we're going to change the module a small bit by saying that the orcs are on the road to Wyvern Tor rather than at Wyvern Tor to take care of the 35 mile walk.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera - Aderleaf Farm

"Good day!"

She calls out in a friendly way as they approach the halfling woman.

"Any idea where we might find Carp?"

AJ Offline
Kriv - Up all night to get Luck Shrine.

The Dragonborn gave a sweeping bow, as befit nobility acknowledging a place of faith. In a relatively gentle tone, he replied,

"Hail and well met, Sister Garaele. My associate here informed us that one of your order had been injured in the wilderness, and as we are presently engaged in restoring order and security to this town and it's environs, we considered it a necessity to speak with her about the hazard she encountered in the nearby wilds, so that we may be better able to deal with it permanently."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM - Aderleaf farm - (Jaliera & Davroar)

The halfling woman looks up when she hears Jaliera call out.

"I wondered when you would come here. Hello Jaliera and ... Davroar. Did I get that right? Welcome, welcome. Why don't we go inside and chat?" she says waving the pair to come with her.

Then she starts walking to the house and leans the hoe she was using against a wall, turns around and calls out in a voice that seems much louder than the little person could possibly muster "CARP! NOW!".

She opens the door and lets them into her house. Jaliera and Davroar need to duck to get through and once inside they find that the ceiling is just a few inches from the top of their heads. "Please have a seat" she says, motioning towards two comfortable looking club chairs. She, on the other hand, moves a kettle over the fire burning in the kitchen and returns quickly into her parlor with a plate of sugar cookies.

"I made these just a bit ago. They may still be warm. So, like I said, I figured you would come here. I heard that there was talk about Carp, my son, last night at the inn. What trouble has he gotten into now?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM - Shrine of Luck - (Karok & Kriv)

"Thank you for returning and yes, I do have a need that perhaps you can help me with. It was I that was injured and that's what this is all about. As you can see, I am healed but my problem is still unsolved."

"What do you know about banshees?" she asks.

Please roll a religion skill check - DC 10 means you know something about them. DC 15 you know a great deal. Play off of that roll.

Karok at Shrine of Luck - (Karok & Kriv)

"Banshees? Enough. Undead creature, makes a terrible racket. Nothing any sane person would want to face by surprise."

"That yer problem?"

Religion Roll: d20+3 = 16

Last edited by Nivek; Fri 06/02/15 19:07 UTC.
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista - Miners Exchange

She enters the Miners Exchange with Chandan and looks around. At the woman's greeting, she nods in reply but glances at Chandan to take the lead.

(OOC - Neil - This is your gig. I know all the details and don't want to lead.)

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,689
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy