Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (AquaDyne, Miales), 20 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
np. And yes, I presumed individual recruiting and interviewing by Mikal.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

I think then, that the obvious choice is a location within Talantal itself. ANd backing up to the Dirkwood"

She looks over to Mikal.

"Might suit ... my .. needs quite well, in the end."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Talantal, the Grand Duchy of Talantal
Noon, Rameday, the First of Fate

Kadri and Mikal

“Waverider’s Watch.”

Tray nodded once, returning to the map.

“It’s not really a manor; and it’s quite a distance out. It is more of an outpost; it has its own spring, its own mill pond which then falls into the Blackwater River. It overlooks a bridge that crosses the river, right there in the shadow of the Dirkwood; a little used trail wraps around the edge of the forest; according to the oldest scrolls it used to run all the way from the port to Trundle …”

Tracing a curved line across the map, the scholar peered closely where the scribblings indicated cliffs, rocks and an impassible way.

“But somewhere the edge of the forest changed, and if there was a way up these cliffs its now hidden behind the treeline.”

His attention returned to the forgotten corner of the map.

“Waverider’s Watch. It belongs to the Kories only by the simple fact that it was built on our side of the Blackwater. Beyond the mill and the watchtower there are a small collection of farmhouses – every now and then they get a visit from the smith down at Larsen’s village.

“Dommi likes the place …

“It’s where they send you when you get in true trouble, up here in the Keep.”

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 01/02/15 20:37 UTC.
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"Then it is a good place to send myself because I am trouble. And it makes a quite unremarkable spot for me to choose as my own given Dominic's predilection for it."

OOC: how much do we need to work out actual details here, or is the broad outline ok to go with?

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Morning, Rameday, the First of Fate

[i]Bekkah

“I donnae believe it …

“Cor … unicorns got nothing on this …

“Monster-Lady!”

“ … sea and stars and a sunny day in Wolf. Tally, send the girls to the well and break out the five good goblets. Liza, run down to the smithy and tell Finn his girlfriends back. Make sure they get anythin’ they want or need. Especially the idiot white haired one. She forgets. And I’ll be Andwise’s Mama … she may be a monster …

“ … but she looks like she’s OUR monster.”

Stepping into the First Ring square, Bekkah could not help be the center of attention. The comments came from across the small square, for the moment, just a moment, stopping traffic and commerce.

“Hoi. Don’t just stand there. What, you never see a Lady of Attera before?”

So it only lasted for a heartbeat or so …

The chatter was all across the ring and even if it was by word of mouth it was not soon before the small group was called out and broken up. A lad, no more than five, chose Darcy first, dragging her into the square’s general store to help his father. Marcy was summoned next, swept away by a gaggle of farmer’s wives and word of brothers and uncles who worked so hard to pay their taxes and thus had no time to take care of themselves.

A girl, wrapped in a light but thread bare cloak, hesitated, once, twice, and thrice, before walking up to tug at Romana's sleeve. The white haired initiate turned. Listened and blinked once, twice and thrice.

“Romanas not understand. But Romanas follow, yes, yes, yes …”

Kay simply glowered, as if he did understand a bit. She too followed, though the cloaked girl did not look too happy about it.
As they went off to heir work, the Inn-mistress walked up beside Bekkah.

“Oh this should be interesting.

“The lass’ name is Lessa. Her parents lost their farm to Montague so they came here. They needed coin, so they put her to work in one of the less reputable houses here …

“Does your princess know what a brothel is?

“Because I’m pretty sure that dark haired merebeast with the spear does.”

Bekkah

She had spent many years in villages that were just like this, so the reaction did not surprise her. In a way it saddened her. These people should expect one of her kind to be there to help. It should not surprise them.

She was glad that Marcy and Darcy had been willing to return with her. Yesterday had been an awakening for them, but she could tell from the way they had walked and talked down to the first ring that they had felt what she always felt. Maybe for the first time, they had truly felt like a Lady of Attera.

She watched them each get dragged off to help. Then Romana was pulled aside as well with Kay.

She looked to the Inn-Mistress to hear what help she needed when she explained the situation to Bekkah.

"Thank you. Yes, that might prove troublesome. I had best catch up to them." She said pulling up her skirts a bit to catch up with the pair.

Last edited by Nivek; Mon 02/02/15 13:25 UTC.
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Once Kadri is finished speaking with Tray, and the two of them take their leave, he says, "One thing I can get started now is to visit the local Jvrillian Chapterhouse and put out a notice I am recruiting. It will help spread the word."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"I can try to put the word out on the wind of possible interesting times and see that f anyone bites at the line ..."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Kadri and Mikal

“Well you can …”

Tray looked up from his scrolls.

“But you may wish to try outside of Talantal. I doubt you can out bid the merchants of the Third Ring or the minor nobles of the Fourth. Which means those that would answer a general call from a relatively new Swordlord are probably not they type you want for such a … special group.

“Look to the elder Koromov; do you think a single member of the Horde came from a Guild hall herald? I doubt it.

“You’ll need to find each one.”

He then considered the matter seriously.

“Do you know any troops with folks you trust? Talk to their leader. I suspect they may have worthy souls who are deserving more experience and responsibility … but cannot find it in the hierarchy of their current troop. They may be willing to leave and join a new venture – a chance to be a leader in a small troop than rank and file in an older one.

“Do it right and you not only get a trusted capable soul, but you build an alliance with another.

He looked down at the map.

“Or find trustable guard in a small town.

“There’s no one in Talantal I’d know to recommend and I cannot truly say I know where Dommi found his bodyguard, Miss Mouse."

“But I bet there’s folk in Talesan’s Village and the Larsen keep who want to see more of the world.”

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Bekkah

It is a long walk; not for the distance, but for the bustle in the broken down streets. They are narrow, dusty, crowded and dirty – the buildings on either side ramshackle – which is odd for Bekkah. The farmers of the High Tarn … who were not rich at all, who worked hard, seemed to better than the folks in this part of the grand keep town.

If the streets of Talantal were paved with gold, the architects and builders had most certainly forgotten this Ring.

Slowly, one by one, Romana’s train of children were hauled away; with no little complaint, by Mother and Older Sisters – as if their destination was easily discernable and certainly not appropriate.

Some of the elder townswomen looked back over their shoulder, worried.

Some of the older rakes seemed to follow – as if interested. Kind of like the crowd that gathers around a tumbled over caravan wagon.

And yes, it was obvious that they had reached the proper location.

The building sprawled a little, tired and worn, two stories leaning right up against the stone side of the Second the the Ring wall. It was indistinguishable from a tavern or bar; save that the big front window was oiled paper and not diamond patterned panes of glass, there as no place to water and tie a traveler’s horse, and it bore no sign proclaiming it as a place for food and drink.

It was the sudden explosion of wood rails and mullions, the ripping of paper and a man flying through that window, scattering pieces of wood and other scraps in his wake. He was a rough looking man – but only half Finn’s side – and he looked worse for he wear, his tunic was torn, it was bloody, and his face looked like it had an unfortunate meeting with a length of wood. He tried to pick himself up, took one step, and then fell face first into the road.

“DOH. NAE. CARE …”

Sharp words, dark words, clipped words, a girl’s words, which echoed out of the building, through the open window. They were accompanied by the sound of something hard hitting something soft, repetitious … like a hammer hitting an anvil or a steak being tenderized.

“DOH. NAE. GIVE. YOU. LEAVE. TO. HURT. THEM.”

Bekkah

She winced as she saw the man, and heard the words that followed.

She rushed into the brothel, looking for Kay.

As soon as she saw her, she assumed an imperious tone and look that Kay had not seen.

"Kay! Stop!" she commanded.

She looked to see where Romana was. She was fairly certain that it was not Romana whom Kay was protecting. If it was, then she knew she would not be able to stop her.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He nods. "God advice. Perhaps I can catch up with the Horde Captain before she leaves?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[Oh dear... so many things have such potential to come crashing down so badly. Timelines shifting, things happening in different dimensions.

Oh wait. I like that stuff. In Alternate Reality. Okay. Nevermind. I'm not re-writing all this stuff I've written for Dazi. <shrug>]

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Shouldn't run ahead of the timeline if you don't want to have to adjust....... <g>. I don't know how far you've posted, but as far as I know it's barely the next morning after the Midsummer's festival. In Mikal's timeline at least.)

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[As far as I can tell, it's early morning for Darian and Cesare... slightly later in the morning for Bekkah and her gang... and lunchtime for Kadri and Mikal.

I've maneuvered Dazi to avoid all the players (well, except, apparently for Dean), but the events in the First Ring may have repercussions on a Dayalan leaving Talantal... and if you go looking for Dandy, you'll cause a rupture in the space-time continuum because Dazi is with Dandy.

Of course, what I've written isn't really real since the GM hasn't seen it yet and I'm still on hiatus and working Dazi through the ton of bricks the GM dropped on Dazi before I went on hiatus. All I'm saying is that things could get messier than usual around here. smile ]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Hey, when she spots Mikal coming she can jump into the nearest midden heap to hide....... wink But, actually, since the GM suggested Mikal go looking for Dandy, why would he not?)

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 09/02/15 20:55 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[Like I said... different dimensions, alternate universes. There's no such thing as "reality" anyway, so why pretend there is? You have your reality, I have my reality. Maybe they'll eventually merge back together again.

And why would you suggest that the Captain of the Wild Horde jump in a midden heap? Tcha! I surely won't tell her you said that!

Unless I do. Because maybe Dazi is just having a bad dream brought on by eating something icky. It must have been those carrots.]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Clearly meant Dazi. wink She's the one who doesn't want to see Mikal.)

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[But Dazi never said she didn't want to see Mikal! In fact, she'll be off to look for him when she's done with whatever it is she's doing in the other dimension she's in. Or when she wakes up from this bad dream. Maybe someone should go tell Bekkah her little sister might be sick. grin

Yanno, I think Dean might actually be afraid of Bekkah. He ought to be following her around, but he decided to follow the little sister instead. Of course, it's not like Kay needs any help to beat the guys in the brothel senseless. And the whole set up would probably make Dean blush to death. Still. It's odd.

On the other hand, it's a different dimension. So who knows? ]

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Kadri and Mikal

“Perhaps … The Koromov is vey much like you, I suspect. If she takes a job, she will be found at it. The fact that Kisa Allaine now holds her Contract is more than just a happenstance, you realize.

“True, it is not the first time she has served the Allaines during court, but that The Horde is no longer at the Khorall’s call means there is a shifting of power east of Border …”

The Lordling laughed and shook his head,

“… east of Highside Heather…”

Like his Father, Tray acknowledged the recent change of borders.

“ … and the young heiress has already proven to be quite a different person than her mother. Linnell Allaine learned the ways of the Empire to strength Dawnview, and while it is obvious she taught her daughter well … Kisa Allaine has shown that she fights courtly battles with her own manner of tactics.

“But to find the Koromov?

“She is in service to the young Allaine. She will be where the young Allaine believes is best.

“How good are you at second guessing Khorall Kisa Allaine?”

Turning, Tray returned his attention to his sister-in-law.

“You have been rather quiet; so I’ll ask this.

“It is one thing, to have the crowns and resources to buy whatever you wish.

“To say, I shall buy this.

“Excellent in words.

"However ...

“Shouldn’t you be out there, in the actual world once more, looking for who it is, exactly, by name, you wish to buy?”

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 15/02/15 19:42 UTC.
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"Oh, most definitely. I have places to go, and people in mind to go there with, and things to do and other people to find. Need to spend time between the distant horizon and the present ground. That is advice I have no trouble taking."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Bekkah

The inside of the … hostel … was not quite the place that a Bekkah was wont to patronize. It was definitely a bar of sorts; there was one of worn wood across the back of the room, behind which were a few kegs and a collection of bottles and skins – probably wine, but probably not of the quality found in her Cathedral’s kitchens.

There were tables and chairs, but they were a scattered and tumbled, as if a cyclone had struck this place. There was a set of stairs leading up – where in any respectable tavern the rooms for rent would be. The railing, however, was broken, an on the floor beneath a man wrapped in a tousled blanket lay in an awkward sprawl – as if he had been dragged from bed too early in the morning.

Except it was no longer early in the morning.

Coming down the steps, all that was able to be seen, was the lowest hems of a white tunic skirt and familiar boots, accompanied by a second tunic skirt and bare feet. The bare feet trembled and were brokenly paced, as if the latter person was dependent upon the former.

Most of the people in the room were women; of all ages fancier but not quite succeeding; spread about in an awkward circle, like water splashed from rock thrown in the pond. There expressions varied – from shock, some frightened, some worried – one had a hand to her forehead in exasperation ...

“ … this is not going to end well …”

while two of the younger ones were a bit more spirited.

“ … it’s about bloody time!”

“ … get him once for me! Twice … thrice … oh gods and goddesses …”

The second one’s words faltered.

There were a handful – a most – of men in the odd arena circle. Most were watching, as if something impossible were happening. A couple were reaching for a bottle, a chair, though they were hesitant, as if they were considering what happened to two of their brethren. One lay unconscious atop a table. The other was in the center of the room. A big man, a dirty looking man.

Oh he wasn’t going anywhere.

A long spear bedecked with black and white ribbons had him impaled to the ground through surcoat and tunic. No to mention the dark haired girl that straddled him, one hand wrapped in his collar – the other in a fist and repetitively smashing down onto the man’s face again and again and again.

He obviously had stopped feeling anything a while back. His breath bubbled blood – he was probably now missing a few more teeth too.
The Atteran’s words brought a stop, Kay’s arm raised high for the next blow.

Slowly she stood, still standing above her opponent, letting him fall flat on the floor with an undignified whumf. She turned, one hand reaching out, snaring her spear and with a jerk yanking it brutally free.

The Initiate did not look good.

Her clothes were torn, her face was streaked with blood, her hair matted.

“ …. shesh … “

One word, in Foresttalk. The rest a list halting Colonial.

“ … Darkdown, Tor-an-dal, Jeminy’s Hill, Bordertown … Highside Heather.

“We fought tah protect these people. Lilykins died onna stupid bridge to protect them.

“Only for this? Cause they’s got nin otha’ choice, nothin’ else, they kin get beat up?

“I’m tha’ youngest dotter o’ a bloody poor farmer. If not for Lilykins …

“… this could’a been me.”

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 15/02/15 19:41 UTC.
Bekkah

She approached Kay slowly, raising her to her feet.

She didn't say a word until she was done. Then she wrapped her arms around her, not worrying about the blood on her robe.

"I know. I understand. There are injustices all around. But this is not the way."

When she let go of her, she looked her over.

"Are you hurt at all?"

If so, she'd heal her, either way, she'd point to Romana.

"Help Romana with those that need it. I'll take care of this." she said calmly.

She then turned to the men in the room.

"You lot. Take this man and return to your homes. I will tend to any that ask it of me. This man does not seem in a position to ask. When he wakes, if he wants healing, tell him to come see me."

"Go." she said in a firm tone that carried every bit the tone of an Imperial Priestess.

[ooc: If the guy looks seriously hurt, like more than a concussion and broken nose and teeth, then she'd heal him now. She would not let him die before he could come back.]

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Kadri and Mikal

The Korie looked to both the Jvrillian and the Noblewoman.

“Then, of course, the most important question is a simple one.”

He pushed himself back, arms crossing as he took stock of them, considering them seriously.

“I’ll say this about my youngest sibling. He is rash, he is reckless, he is daring, mischievous and all the things that make one be considered unreliable and reckless.

“There is, however, one thing that you cannot say about him. He is neither indecisive nor hesitant. He does not wait for life to hand him his fate. He takes fate by the hand, gives her a very unseemly kiss and then drags hr where he wants.

“So he makes a great many mistakes.

“But they are his mistakes; and more often or not he gets what he wishes in the end – and he has a much better history of getting what he wishes than most Khoralls, including the one sitting in far off Dawnview Vale.

“So that beings me back to my question.”

He smiled.

The Mouse actually giggled.

“Shouldn’t you be out actually making his scheme of yours work?

“By Light, Shadow and Swords …

“What are you still doing here?”

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Bekkah

The young Dayalan looked up to the Atteran, leaning on her spear with one crooked am, the other reaching up to her head, slowly combing out the matted locks and dropping bits of bottle glass to ground.

“’S’pectfully, Your Bekkahness, sometimes …”

She paused, her blood streaked face giving her a rather gruesome, fierce look, a visage the girl didn’t even seem to notice much herself. She was definitely her younger sister’s Initiate.

“… sometimes it’s the only way.

“Lilykins says that’s why we protect and the druids heal.”

Her gaze rose to the two slowly making their way down the stairs.

“I’ve been better …

“But I’ve also I’ve been worse. If I let this slow me down Lilykins would cuff me, an’ I be deservin’. On tha road East, I’d be dead. Ain’t gonna give your sister any less.”

That caused a stir from the crowd, odd strange whispers.

“Druid …”

“Tha’s Foresttalk for healer …”

“Foresttalk … what … I dunno what she is but she certainly ain’t no witch … but … but how can she be …”

“Just who is she …”

“ … common folk jus’ like us?”

While the menfolk, they looked between the black haired merebeast that stood near the base of the stairs, the proper Atteran Lady at the door, and the strange white haired creature in matching white robes.

“… Jagnar’s beard … swordbitches and ladies and monsters … “

They cursed, they grumbled, they groused, but in the end they gathered up the brothel’s bouncer and his partner, the owner, and half carried, half dragged them out of the lowly place.

The brutal patron, he had already been tossed from this place; the man who had been thrown through the window. He too was rather undignifiedably removed.

“Bekkahbekkahbekkah …”

Finally, having reached the base of the stairs, Romana looked back; she seemed a bit tired, and the young woman in he arms couldn’t be much older than she was.

“Rest-rest … in healing place, yes, yes, yes? Cuts all healed and bandaged, brokenness fixed … but rest, rest good for getting all betters?”
There were some things magic could not heal; and the hurt girl looked – worn, tired, and a stay in the Hostel; well that was what the hostels were for. There wasn’t one in this ring, but there was one in the next.

Their arrival would definitely raise brows once more.

In this matter the Dayalan did follow Bekkah’s advice, moving to the other girl’s side, to take her from the Initiate. Helping the wounded off the battlefield was something else Kay had done far far too many times.

When the three left there was a collective sigh from the women left within; certainly, after this they would have an afternoon off …

Which, of course, was why and when one of the elder of them, the most experienced, the one who had her face in her palm earlier, walked up to Bekkah.

“Well thanks lassie …

“It’s not often we get folks looking after us.

“But have you and yours just made things worse?

“Just what are we supposed to do tomorrow, your righteousness?”

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 22/02/15 17:20 UTC.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
KenSeg
KenSeg
Jensen Beach, Florida
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,823
Posts140,425
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy