Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Phoenix Prime, Alduin, Miales), 36 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He shakes the man's hand. He bows and says, "Thank you", deferring to Kallista with some relief.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He waves a hello to the others as he steps into the inn and quietly follows the general group. When the bartender mentions to Chandan to find a table, he will amble over to the nearest one that has enough seating for all of them.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She follows Davroar to a table and sits down, feeling very grown up with coin in her purse and, for now at least, mistress of her own destiny.

"Should we book rooms? Or maybe try to find the dwarven brothers?"

Karok

"Would be good to find them, but perhaps spending the night to rest and inquire might get us further than heading out of town quickly.

He requested a room before heading to the table the elven cleric's word still in his mind.

Last edited by Nivek; Mon 15/12/14 18:05 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
We've found Gundren! End adventure, distribute XP! lol

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by nemarsde

ooc: Where?

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Elsa the barmaid

The party of adventurers find two empty tables near each other that can be pulled together to handle their little crowd. The inn is not yet crowded but it's slightly before dinner time and many of the town's citizens are still tending to their jobs and shops.

As soon as they are seated, a bubbly young barmaid comes over to their tables and says, in a very bubbly voice "Hi! I'm Elsa. It's so nice to see new people in town. We don't get many visitors and you seem like nice visitors, even the dragon guys (I bet your bark is louder than your bite sir!) But welcome, welcome. Can I get you anything to drink or to eat? The food is good for what it is, I can assure you of that and the drink, well, I ain't never turned down a drink. So what would you like?"

She says all that with a single breath. It seems that if she did not need to breathe, that she might still be talking. Elsa, evidently isn't shy and she's quite the talkative one.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Originally Posted by Neptune
Originally Posted by nemarsde

ooc: Where?

Ask Nivek. grin

Karok

"Tell me lass, is the ale here as good as your attitude. If'n it is, I'll start with a pair of mugs. I'll worry about food after I've relaxed some."

"And have you seen any others of my kind around lately?"

AJ Offline
Kriv

He heads into the inn, reptilian head making a note of the various occupants before heading to their little grouping. Whilst they had completed the letter of their agreement, the debt of honour his kin owed to the Rockseekers meant that this matter would not be closed until they were secured or avenged. Now to see which of them was of like mind...

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"I won't be needing a room, Jaliera. I feel nature calling, so I'll be staying outside. I might be lucky and find Grundren's brothers if they are camping close by."

When Elsa arrives at their table, he will put in his order, "I'll have cider if you have it, or your local ale, plus some food please."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She looks at Davroar, concern on her face.

"You shouldn't be on your own. Remember what the shop keeper said. I could camp with you if you like, maybe some of the others too. It would save my coin."

She smiles at the barmaid.

"I'll take hot food and a small ale please."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He tries to show his unconcern with a smile to Jaliera and says, "You mean the Redbrands that Barthan mentioned? I thought they're here in town... though Barthan didn't exactly say where they hole up in."

He thinks on it for a few seconds then sticks to his original decision.

"Your welcome to come Jaliera, and ahh, yeah it would be nice to... boot come untied."

He bends down to tighten an already tightened lace on his boot to hide his face as his mind and tongue become disjointed as thoughts of possibly having a quiet night alone with a very pretty woman to talk with.

Last edited by Dugan; Wed 17/12/14 08:35 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Well that is settled. It is not as though they haven't been camped out since they left home, one more night won't make a difference and they might be able to find Grundren's brothers. nd of course spending some time with Davroar would be nice.

They still need other information, she'll ask some question of the barmaid when she brings the food.

Last edited by Gypsy; Wed 17/12/14 13:10 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Apologies for the past few days. Things got more hectic and pressure filled at work this week than expected and that sapped my energy. I've been delinquent in posting. I also did a poor job of reading. There are some "retroactive" answers. If this particular post is disjointed, that's why.

Before the innkeeper sends the group off to their table he answers Kalista's query about rates, "I have some rooms upstairs. The price is five silver per person. Meals are three silver and a mug of ale is four coppers."

Just then a woman calls out from the kitchen, "Toblan!" He looks back there and then excuses himself, "I think that my boss needs me. Why don't you grab that table now," he says as he scurries away to answer his wife's call. That stopped Karok in mid-sentence as he was about to book his room.

Meanwhile Jaliera and Davroar have found themselves seats and were soon joined by the others except for Kriv. Bubbly Elsa started taking orders, repeating everyone's order back to make sure she got it right before she turns away to fill the orders.

Kriv enters the inn and sees his comrades already seated at a table. Before he joins them he looks around to see who else is in the taproom. The dragonborn quickly concludes that these are all common, hardworking folk. The soot and soil on their garments and under their fingernails were sure signs that these people came here after a long, hard day of work.

Kriv reaches the table just as the barmaid left but she is replaced a moment later by the innkeeper. "There's always some disaster," he says raising eyes and palms to the sky, as if in prayer. "Someone misplaced the missus favorite ladle and now it's my fault." He let's out a sigh.

"So, did you think about the rooms? How many beds do you need? Oh, and did you come in with Gundren's friend Sildar?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Yes we came in with Sildar."

She smiles at the innkeeper, not supplying any further details as inns are renowned for spreading gossip and she is not sure how much the villagers need to be aware of Grundren's situation, especially as he brothers don't know yet.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

"I like the man. He's all about making sure that people are safe and that law and order are preserved. Any friend of Sildar is a friend of mine," the innkeeper said.

Just then the perky waitress returns with four mugs of ale. She puts two mugs down in front of Karok and then one each for Jaliera and Davroar.

"Elsa, bring out a cheese plate for these folks - it's on me" the innkeeper says to the barmaid. She nods and heads off to the kitchen.

"About those rooms. Who needs one?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She nods to the innkeeper. "I will take one."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

The life of a wandering monk has been revealing. Sometimes literally so.

Been it's also a relatively recent change for Chandan. He's spent most of his life in contemplation, a sadhu, a medicant, a dervish.

Living in a hovel on the mountain side, he had become part of the scenery, and though he'd come to appreciate the fine details of his vista, the one thing it lacked was people.

So he doesn't linger at the bar, but wanders the taproom, inspecting at marvelling at the various odds and ends, trinkets and souvenirs that always adorn the walls of such places.

He bows to any patrons he makes eye contact with, and generally tries to get a feel for the place and so too perhaps Phandalin.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He thanks the waitress for bringing his drink, yet remains quiet when the innkeeper asks who wants a room.

Bringing his mug up to take a sip, he pauses to say, "A toast for new friends and surviving our trip!"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Chandan decides to wander about and mingle. The taproom is a lively place at this hour. It is almost dark outside and the hardworking folk of Phandelin come here to relax and socialize.

"Hey there old man!" calls out a burly man. He looks like he's been relaxing longer than most. "Where's ya ale? Ya can't be comin in here and not be drinkin our ale!"

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

"Ah so." He replies, beaming, "That is a fine custom!"

He makes his way over to the man's table and takes a seat. With a humble nod, he takes the man's tankard and drinks from it.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Sildar is a good man. And thank you for the cheese."

She agrees with the innkeeper.

"We are also looking for two dwarven brothers thought to be camping somewhere local. I'm sure they must have been in here for ale. Do you perhaps know in which direction they return to their camp?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Innkeeper

"He is indeed and you're welcome lass. Are dwarven brothers you mean the Rockseekers? Gundren and his brothers?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The burly drunk slaps Chandan on the back and says, "a new custom! Yeah, a Phandelin custom!"

Sitting at that same table are two other men. They don't seem pleased with their pal. "Alzok. Sit down alreay. You're making a fool of yourself," one of the men says.

The other man looks Chandan's way and say, "I'm Borim and that is Carmil. You've met Alzok already. And who do we have the pleasure of drinking with this evening?"

All three of the men sitting at the table with Chandan are garbed similarly. It wasn't a uniform but more of a standard garb. They all had neckerchiefs tied around their necks and their clothing was soiled with dust and dirt from top to bottom. These men worked the earth.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,688
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy