Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Alduin), 37 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Goblin

"Nasty Klarg was big leader. Yeemik tell we that kill Klarg and no more beatings we'll get."

To emphasize his point, the goblin spits in the direction of the dead bugbear. There seems to be no love lost between Klarg and the goblins, at least from this goblin's point of view.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She grins at Kallista's question, partly in relief that she is in fact still with them. And she smiles at Davroar when he looks in her direction.

"They are all healing."

She sounds really pleased as the results.

"Could we feed one to Kriv? Would he be able to swallow?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"Sure. Let him drink it slowly. I'd suggest we do whatever we can to heal up, but try to save at least one of those for an emergency. The Goblins left know we're here."

She looks at the cave mouth.

"First question is do we go after Chandan? If so, we probably need to do so now, before the Goblins get tired of him."

Turning back to Davroar she says, "Can't hurt. Assuming we're negotiating with them and not killing them. Let's tie and gag this one too." She gestures to the Goblin. "Bind his hands behind his back and put a noose around his neck but leave his feet free. I can hold onto the noose's other end. We'll take him with us. He might know more."

**And**, she thinks, **He might make a nice meat shield if we meet more archers.**

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I'll take it to him."

She hesitates.

"How is everyone else feeling? I'm not feeling that great. Think I should drink one too?"

She takes all three potions and starts to make her way over to Kriv.

"And I think we should go after Chandan. I'd want you to if it was me that was a captive."

She shudders slightly trying not to think about what the goblins might be doing.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"I am healthy enough to go on."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Jaliera goes over to Kriv. He's breathing steadily. She gently lifts his head and pours the crimson liquid into his mouth. Within seconds his wounds close and his eyes open.

As stated earlier, he's at 7hp

The goblin hears all this and seems somewhat relieved. He believed that he was about to die. Hearing that his hands will be bound means that he still has time to live. He doesn't resist when they move to secure him.

With Kriv up and the goblin secure, the group is ready to move.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She waits to hear from Davroar about whether he needs healing, after all he saved her earlier. She doesn't want to go on a rescue mission though without drinking a potion first.

AJ Offline
Kriv

He rises up with a start, maul swiftly in hand, eyes darting first to the bugbear corpse and then to the captive goblin. He conducted a quick headcount,

"No Chandan. Dead? Any sign of Gundren?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"Welcome back." She grins, then shrugs. "Chandan was in the other room", she nods towards the exit at the far end, "with 4 Goblins last I saw him. After this thing died", she kicks the Bugbear corpse, "I went to check. No blood, but no sign of him or the Goblins. So either he ran off and they chased him or they took him prisoner. Can't say which."

"As for Gundren. This one", she nods towards the bound Goblin, "says they have a prisoner in another room. But he said it was a human, so maybe it's Gundren's traveling companion? Don't know."

AJ Offline
Kriv

He scowled at the goblin.

"What was he doing in there by himself? No matter. You, Goblin. There was a dwarf brought to these caves at the same time as this booty and the human prisoner. What happened to him?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Goblin

Less fearful now because he was a prisoner and not dead, the goblin responded.

"Klarg say that Black Spider pay Cragmaws for dwarf-man name is Grunden Rockseeker. Orders to us to grab Grunden and all stuff and send to King Grol in Cragmaw Castle."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He still feels sore from his fall in his attempt to climb up, but shakes his head at Jaliera's offer for one of the potions. "Best to save one just in case."

When Kriv is healed and is walking again, Davroar smiles and greets him by saying, "Sure glad you're alright. That was one tough bugbear."

In regards to Chandan with Kallista saying there is no signs of a fight he says, "Four against one, Chandan was probably surrounded and caught. Sounds like we got two to rescue now."

Last edited by Dugan; Sat 15/11/14 02:02 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Davroar's words about not wanting a potion and about rescuing the prisoners makes her mind up. She will be no use to anyone if she dies on first contact. She drinks the second potion.

"Nice to see you looking better Kriv."

She moves back to the chest and packs the remaining potion away making sure it is safely buried in her clothing. She add the small statuette and the silver to her pack. Copper is too heavy and they can return for it later.

"I have the third potion, statuette and silver in my pack. Thought we could return for the copper later."

She let's the others know what she has done. This is her new life. She is no thief.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

You've decided to move quickly to see if you can rescue Chandan and whoever it was that is being held captive by the goblins.

Jaliera picks out the goods stuff from the chest. Eventually the group will need to figure out what to do with the supplies here. They have some good value and since there's a Blue Lion stamp, it probably belongs to someone.

There are two exits from this room. You can slide back down the way most of you came or you can go to the room that the stairs lead down to. Kallista has been there, but not the others. The cavern has two empty pools that once contained water. A flickering light around the bend is where Chandan dropped it.

I drew in 4 colored paths to take. Which color do you choose to follow? Red, Blue, Green or Yellow? My apologies to anyone that's color blind.

(OOC - Just to make sure everyone knows the Red path leads across the bridge. All the other paths leads down below it.)

Attached Images
crag-13.jpg (165.49 KB, 115 downloads)
Last edited by Zeim; Sat 15/11/14 19:20 UTC.
AJ Offline
Kriv

The area which had been stove-in by the Bugbear's morningstar was restored, but as much as the Dragonborn might try to conceal it, still tender. He nodded appreciation to his colleague's concern, and finally got around to cleaning the wolf's face off his maul. He deliberated,

"An expensive victory but a victory, though our battles are not over. They have a place where they keep prisoners: If Chandan was captured, it seems likely they took him there. From what you describe, that indicates crossing that bridge we saw earlier."

Karok Battlehammer

They were not in good shape, but they couldn't very well rest here.

"Let's keep moving then. Across the bridge, I don't need another bath for a week now." he said with a toothy grin. He started out, expecting the others to follow again.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He is not relishing the idea of crossing the bridge with more goblin archers trying to shoot them. Quickly he looks over the supplies to see if any crates or barrels have lids that can be used as a crude shield.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"We can't go rushing in again. That hasn't worked so well. I suggest we take the route that is the most defensive for the longest time and that we scout ahead first. I am quite good at scouting but not so good seeing in the dark."

[OOC she is proposing the blue route if there is a way to get onto that bridge as I think the blue route leads below it.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

After looking over my maps I can see that they're probably a bit confusing. Really there are two choices with some flavor. There are two potential entrances get to the unexplored area. I labeled them A and B. Some of you were in passage A to avoid the flood. It was filled with rubble and it looked like you would need to do some climbing up. Passage B is already at your level and looks like it was well traveled.

The reason for my colored lines is that there are potential encounters along the way as the goblins are well aware of intruders now. Even Zeim doesn't know where encounters might happen now since I'm going to need to change things up a bit.

Also, you have a prisoner that needs to be dealt with. Does he alert his friends when you are close? Does he help you negotiate with the other goblins? I'm leaving this wide open for you to handle any way you like.

That might be a mistake fear

Attached Images
crag-14.jpg (158.14 KB, 88 downloads)

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Scouting ahead sounds like a good first step to me. We just need to avoid choke points, and the bridge seems to be the easiest way."

[ooc: Would the torch that was dropped by the steps leading to the pools cast enough light to see if any goblins are standing on the bridge? ]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: Yes, but remember that that the goblins have very good stealth]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"There is that passageway that we passed on our way in. There might be a way in that way. They will expect us to cross the bridge.. and be ready. Maybe we should try to do the unexpected? We can get to it by going down the hole. Worth a try?"

She is thinking hard.

"And that torch lying in the corridor. Likely left there to lure us that way."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"Just be careful", she chimes in. "The ones who were confronting Chandan were in the Waterfall room. They could have gone anywhere. They could have crossed the bridge to where the others must be, or even gone back to the Wolf Den."

She looks across to all the party members.

"As I see it while the Goblins have two things we want, Chandan and whoever the other prisoner is. We also have things they want. If we guard the exits across the bridge, both above and below, they lose their access to water. We also have that Bugbear's treasure. And according to him", she points at the Goblins prisoner, "they hated the Bugbear. And they don't know he is dead."

"So, seems we have three options. One, we charge across the bridge into the teeth of an unknown number of Goblins. Two, we block them in and wait them out. Three, we negotiate."

"We could scout ahead", she adds, gesturing across the bridge, "but we've all seen how good they are at hiding. Probably as good a chance we lose our scout as we find them first."

Last edited by Zeim; Tue 18/11/14 14:01 UTC.
AJ Offline
Kriv

"Let's see if the vermin are willing to negotiate. Killing their leader has value on two counts: They didn't like him and what he made them do, and he was much bigger and tougher than them."

He gave their prisoner a disgusted sneer, then turned back to the others.

"They'd rather live, subservient to one not of their kind, than risk their lives. They know we're capable of killing things tougher than them. Let's try and negotiate from a position of strength, and graciously allow them a chance to live."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Goblin

"Yes. Goblin no want fight. Hated Klarg. Yeemik tell we when we kill Klarg friends to powerful humans will be. Prove to Yeemik that Klarg is dead and fight no more have you to do with goblins."

Evidently the goblin sees a way to survive so he is encouraging you to take the path that will keep him alive the longest.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Barry Mulvihill
Barry Mulvihill
Columbus Ohio, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,828
Posts140,474
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy