Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phoenix Prime), 37 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
M
M
<Bern>

"Godz! This place is a mess", he said suddenly feeling a bit overwhelmed. "We get hired to guard a delivery and now look ..."

MikeD
Lingo

He just smiles and listens to the big(ger) folk debate what to do next. To him the choice is obvious. The town master left his office unattended. Who knows what goodies he forgot or could not carry. There was an opportunity to be had. Of course, he wasn't going to say a word to them and would go with them. But if the opportunity arose to peel off from the others, the halfling was salivating at the idea of checking the place out.

"So, what are our choices? I know we can kill orcs or follow fatso there who offered to pay us to kill those orcs. Or, we can chase undead at the Old Owl Well. Is that all? What about those Redbrands? We heard about a secret tunnel that they appeared at. And where's Sildar? Am I missing something? This is too much for my brain to handle before lunch. I agree with you Bernie. This place needs our tender touch."

Ryssa

"We need to keep in mind the priestess of the shrine and her request."

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Not to point out the ADD of this group, wink which is partially my fault for throwing new shiny missions out all the time but I'll refer you back to the sequence of posts you made around February 13th. At that time you'd made the decision to deal with the Redbrands first as none of the other missions seems as time-critical, plus it had the advantage of potentially giving you a clue to finding Gundren as you'd been told there was at least one Goblin in their employ. You had decided to go talk to Daran and Carp just to see if they had any info before you tackled the Redbrand hideout.)

M
M
[[ so we got heads on the coin toss? <weg> ]]

MikeD
Lingo

"Yeah, her too. Sure. Why don't we go see what Sildar thinks. Last we saw him, he was in there", he points to the Townmaster's Hall.

"Then maybe lunch?" It didn't matter if the halfling had an entire roast boar twenty minutes earlier. He's always hungry.

Last edited by Zeim; Sun 01/03/15 21:50 UTC. Reason: correcting Sildar location
M
M
<Bern>

It seemed that they were =never= going to get out of this town, he thought with a sigh.

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He just watched and waited to see what his companions decided, then he would figure out his own desires.

But lunch did sound good.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"So do we care about the town master? Or just let him do whatever he is doing? I am not one to turn down a meal. Also I want to clear out the Redbands. There are other things to do. Just trying to figure out priorities."

Ryssa

"Come to think of it, did we not agree to go after the Redbrands first since that looked to be out best chance to find out something about Gundren through that goblin?"

M
M
<Bern>

"Well my priorities should be pretty clear", he said with a grin. "And while I don't =like= the town master, it seems to me that it is up to the folks that live here to decide if they want to do something about him. If he is really in the 'pocket' of the Redbands, taking care of them will probably sort that out as well. But if someone wants to see what he is up to", he shrugged, "I won't stop them."

MikeD
Lingo

"Well, you all make good points and every time we check something out, we learn something new. We're just a few feet away from the Townmaster's Hall and he just left but I didn't see him lock the door. Let's go see if he just ransacked the place. If he did, we hunt him down. It'll just take five minutes to look. Does that work for all of you? Then we'll do lunch."

M
M
<Bern>

He conceded the point with a shrug.

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Deciding to go see what's what in the Townmaster's Hall, you enter the building and can hear papers shuffling from the office to the rear. Proceeding ahead you see Sildar sitting behind the large desk in the main office. A new banner is hanging on the wall behind him. A White Crown on a field of yellow and red.

Lords Alliance Banner

He looks up at your entrance and nods. "Good to see you. Hope Harbin didn't run you over on his way out." He grunts. "He was actually pretty happy to turn things over to me when I offered. He's not cut out for making the hard choices."

Last edited by Zeim; Wed 04/03/15 20:45 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

"One problem solved", he said with a chuckle. "Congrats on the new job", he said to Sildar.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"This didn't seem like the kind of job an old soldier would want. But I guess I was mistaken. Any idea what needs to be done first to help the people of the town? Oh and what hard decisions."

Lingo

"What I wanna know is if that bounty on the orcs is still good or not. If there's a better opportunity, I'm all ears."

The first thing that crossed his mind was that the next source of his income had suddenly become an iffy proposition.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
GM

He nods acknowledgement to Bern then turns to address Luminmorn's comment first.

"I belong to an organization which is dedicated to bringing Law and Order to lawless places, like this." He indicates the banner behind him. "It is made up of various people with that shared interest, many former soldiers among them, like myself. I don't enjoy shuffling papers, but it is for the greater good."

He then turns to Lingo. "Yes. The reward on the Orcs, as well as the ones I gave you regarding Cragmaw Keep, Gundren, and Iarno are all still in force."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"I assume you know the stories regarding the Redbands. Any interest there?" He didn't need to declare his personal interest as it would be evident by his actions the night before.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Sildar

He frowns. "The 'Law' part of 'Law and Order' is not always pleasant. I have heard complaints about the Redbrands, and I intend to investigate them. However they are residents of this town and I need to have proof before the Town can sanction action against them."

He looks at Luminmorn. "That said, if you find any of them breaking the Law I would be happy to lock them up in the cells in the basement of this building. And, unofficially, if you choose to look into their activities I will not interfere. Officially, however, I cannot offer a reward from the town for it."

(OOC - Remember you have a reward offer from Halia Thornton for taking out the Redbrand leader and bringing back his papers to her.)

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He nodded as if that was the answer he expected or wanted.

(OOC Thank you for the reminder. I am aware. I was just checking that our actions wouldn't put us at odds with the new authority in town. To Luminmorn towns and their people are necessary evils but he much prefers the wild. So he was doing his best to play by the rules as he perceives them.)

DM: np

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 06/03/15 16:50 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

"So what next", he asked his friends.

MikeD
Ryssa

"After the Redbrands?"

She looked around at the other four to gauge their reactions.

(OOC - DM - I deleted the posts after this one as I corrected the 'target' above and that made those posts invalid. Please continue from here.

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 06/03/15 23:49 UTC.
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - You can continue from here. Last I heard you were going to explore Tresendar Manor to remove the Redbrand problem. Choice is between going in the front door or the tunnel Carp Alderleaf told you about.)

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"I say Redbands using the tunnel," he answers when they are not in hearing distance of Sildar.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,841
Posts140,722
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy