Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Miales, Phoenix Prime, AquaDyne), 31 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
Lingo

He passed Bern on the way back into the cave. "So they make us little folk do all the hard work while they socialize. Just saying....".

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He gets back to using his bulk to help move stuff.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Sildar makes his way out to the cave entrance. He will willingly accept any healing offered from Luminmorn or others. Once outside, he finds a grassy spot near the stream and sits to rest while the wagon is loaded.

After not too long a time the loading is finished. All the crates with the Blue Lion symbol have been added to the wagon. It is now completely filled, meaning there is no room in the back for anyone to ride. The front seat will hold the driver and one other. Everyone else will need to walk.

(OOC - Any last things you want to do at the cave before heading off?)

M
M
<Bern>

"I am doing this so I don't =have= to socialize", he told Lingo. "If you want to chat with Sildar, go ahead. I won't be offended."

MikeD
Ryssa

The cleric thought it more important that she look after Sildar than load the wagon. She squatted at the man's side and pointed toward the wagon.

"Perhaps you should ride with the driver."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He wasn't very strong but he carried what he could to help load the wagon. When they were done, he looked at the others.

"Anyone else want to take a turn driving the wagon?"

M
M
<Bern>

"I don't mind walking."

MikeD
Lingo

"Nah. I don't need to socialize," he responded to Bern quietly. "I haven't made up my mind about this Sildar guy. He got himself caught by goblins and we had to use a potion to heal him already."

He rubbed his whiskers, "I guess giving him the potion was the right thing to do, considering I killed the goblin that held him."

It will become apparent soon, but because of his short legs, the halfling has trouble keeping up with others. "I'll drive, or ride. We can take turns. I wanted to talk to you about that magic you do anyway," he calls up to Balthazar.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"Why don't you drive then. I can walk alongside." he said, his own legs nice and long. Walking was one physical exertion that he could do and was used to.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He will cast Cure Wounds upon the injured man.

[OOC: Not sure what I roll, go ahead and I will take notes.]

Cure Wounds
Level - 1
School -Evocation
Range - Touch
Casting time - 1 action
Duration - instantaneous
Components - V,S
Heal a target for 1D8 + spellcasting modifier.
Add 1D8 per spell slot lvl.

-Nep
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - BTW, you didn't use a potion on Sildar, which is why he is still hurt. The Cure Wounds is enough for him to be able to act normally.)

M
M
<Bern>

"Well, didn't =we= get caught by the same trap", he asked Lingo. "And they were a smaller group", he said with a shrug.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
OOC: So d8+3 (Cha bonus) = 4 ... way to compensate for that 10 on hp. smile

M
M
[[ that is why I prefer the 'calc' vs the 'roll' <wink> ]]

MikeD
Lingo

"Caught? I wasn't made no prisoner by goblins. We ran into goblins and we killed goblins, but yeah, Grunden and this one were two and we were five - much better odds. If he ain't dead he'll get better with rest so the sooner we get away from danger, the better."

[ooc: Zeim, you're right. Lingo offered it twice but never acted on it. ]

M
M
<Bern>

"Well from what I heard, they took Rockseeker with them, so it sounds like they are planning to ransom him. If he was dead, they would not have taken him", he finished with a wink and a grin. "But I think we will continue to be in the cross hairs of ... someone ... until we settle this and it is =not= close to settled", he finished with conviction. There were more goblins to get rid of!

MikeD
Ryssa

"I enjoy walking," the cleric said, smiling at the others and preparing to leave with them.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He said nothing. He had walked on the way out and was happy to continue to walk, now.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Lingo is driving with Sildar sitting next to him. Everyone else is walking. The wagon is on the road heading towards Phandalin. Was waiting for the other group to catch up and for Nep to post a map wink )

M
M
[[ I had pretty much guessed the waiting part <chuckle> ]]

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
(Wait, what? Happy to wait. ;))

[ooc: We're almost there. The other group didn't quite take the same approach as this group. They'll need to speak with Sildar and then get going.]

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

(OOC - OK, slowly ramping up as the other group is almost caught up. Also, while you've picked a faction to belong to, you'll get to role play joining them. So please make sure it is marked on your sheet if you have chosen one, or if not put "Faction: None".)

You are all relieved as there are no more encounters along the route to Phandalin, and you have all had the chance to take a Long Rest so everyone is back to full, with all their Powers.

The rutted track you have been following emerges from a wooded hillside, and you catch your first glimpse of Phandalin. The town consists of forty or fifty simple log buildings, some built on old fieldstone foundations. More old ruins -- crumbling stone walls covered in ivy and briars -- surround the newer houses and shops, showing how this must have been a much larger town in centuries past. Most of the newer buildings are set on the sides of the cart track, which widens into a muddy main street of sorts as it climbs toward a ruined manor house on a hillside at the est side of town.

As you approach, you see children playing on the town green and townsfolk tending to chores or running errands at shops. Many people look up as you approach, but all return to their business as you go by.

Sildar seems much more at ease. "My friends," he says, "let us secure lodgings. I am told the local inn is very quaint."

It is late in the day, the late afternoon sun approaching sunset in less than an hour.

You are entering town from the North (top middle of map) where the label says "To Triboar Trail". The town green is marked as well as the roads and trails into and out of town.

I have removed the map labels and replaced them with numbers for reference. Once Neptune provides a pretty map, which he is much better than I am at, I will likely use his. In the meantime tell me where you would like to go. Sildar has never been here either so other than his comment about hearing a rumour the inn is "quaint" he can't give you any pointers.

Attached Images
Phandalin-1.jpg (452.17 KB, 12 downloads)
M
M
<Bern>

"Perhaps we should ask for suggestions on where to stay", he said looking around the town and not seeing an obvious inn.

MikeD
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
TennesseeBaron
TennesseeBaron
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,688
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy