Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Miales, Art in the Blood), 5 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
OOC: Wasn't my plan, as a co-DM, to lead any conversation. I just tried to add some color.

Lingo

"My friends are the strong and silent type. I'm the mouth," he said, noticing that his friends were intimidated by the woman.

"Carp hasn't gotten into any troubles. We just heard that he found something that can help the town out. Do you mind if we just ask him a few questions?"

M
M
[[ 's wha-cha git fer hangin' with social misfits <wink> If it makes you feel better ... I can try to put words in your mouth <weg> ]]

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Daran Edermath w/Ryssa and Liminmorn

He glances at the banner over the fireplace then back to Ryssa with a considering expression on his face. "Why, yes, it is", he says simply. "Why do you ask?"

Quelline Alderleaf w/Bern, Balthazar, and Lingo

She pauses for a moment, then nods. "Alright."

Turning to her son, she reaches out and protectively drapes an arm across his shoulders. "Let these people know what they need to, son."

ooc: This scene is pretty straight forward, so it doesn't matter that much, but (by definition) we're all social misfits. So searching for anonymity could be a futile effort wink

Lingo - Aderleaf farm

"Hi there," Lingo says to the youngster. He has put on his serious face now. "My name is Lingo and we are, indeed adventurers. This here's Balthazar, an extraordinary wizard and this is Bern Orcslayer, the bane of orcs and goblins from here to Cormyr. Trouble's afoot and you might be able to do this town a great service, by helping us take care of it. We were talking to Pip, you know him, right? He's the son of the Toblin and Trilena Stonehill. According to him, you found something in the woods...something important. Can you tell us what happened and what you found?"

M
M
<Bern>

He did his best to suppress the smile that attempted to erupt on his face at Lingo's 'extravagant introduction' of him. But if it helped. And that =was= why he was the spokesperson.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn At the Orchard

He remained silent and observed.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Mon 23/02/15 16:22 UTC.
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Quelline Alderleaf w/ Bern, Balthazar, and Lingo

The boy beams with pride at being addressed by 'Real Adventurers', and tries to shrug off the protective arm his mother has on his shoulder, but she just hold on tighter.

"Sure. I was playing in the woods near Tresandar Manor. You know that place just over there." He points north east. "I was by myself, which was good because my friends don't know how to be quiet like me. Anyway, I found a secret tunnel in the thickets and went looking for a big stick to help me open it. I guess I'm not strong enough to lift the door yet, and that was lucky because not more than a minute later I saw a couple of big ugly bandits came out of the tunnel. I hid in a bush. It was close and I got lucky again because a rabbit came running out of the bush when I jumped in and even though one of the big guys looked my way he saw the rabbit and made nothin of it. So I sat there, quiet as I could be, not twitching at all."

"Those guys waited there for a bit and then I saw two more men. I recognized them. They were members of the Redbrands. I've seen them before. Nobody saw me, but it was a close call! Fortunately I'm very skilled at some things, like hiding."

As he said the last piece he puffed out his chest pridefully.

"If you ask me, they have a hideout there - some sort of secret lair that's under the manor. If you want, I can show you where it is and we can sneak in and take them all out!"

At that suggestion his mother steps in. "There'll be no going with these fine people anywhere. You have chores to do. You can give them directions and then I need you to help with the tilling and weeding."

She turns to her guests, "You mentioned a few other things, like orcs. And I heard you were asking some questions about places outside of town. I might know someone that you should talk to. He's a druid and knows every inch of this area. His name is Reidoth."

"He recently set out for the ruins of a town called Thundertree, just west of the Neverwinter Wood. It's about 50 miles to the northwest. I can give you directions so that you can find the place easily."

M
M
<Bern>

He smiled.

For one thing, the 'secret tunnel' into the Redbrand stronghold would be very useful. But there was no denying that the boy had been bitten by the 'adventurer bug'. He doubted that his mother would be able to hold him back for long. He made a note to have a word with her at some point when the boy was not around.

His attention went back to the woman when she mentioned a druid. He could very well have some useful information ... about the area as well as on the Redbrands. It seemed worth the time to see if he could be found.

MikeD
Lingo - Aderleaf farm

"Well that is quite a story. It sounds a lot like me when I was about your age, but chores come first. And I'll add that being able to hide is a really good skill for adventurers. It's always best if your enemies don't see you. By hiding from those Redbrands you've already done your part. If we manage to succeed, I'll stop by and give you some tips on that. And I'll make sure everyone knows you were a hero!"

He turns his attention back to the woman, "That is, if you don't mind another visit from me and me giving the lad some lessons on how to hide. Perhaps then we can have some tea and you can tell me all about yourself."

Ryssa at the orchard

"Athelor... an elderly priest of Lathander... one of those who raised - and trained - me in my calling."

She pointed again toward the banner, a rather nostalgic smile on her face.

"He spoke to me of it."

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Daran Edermath w/Ryssa and Liminmorn

He glances at the banner again, a considering expression on his face.

"I will tell you what. If you are up to it, I have a favour to ask. A couple of days travel to the northeast is an area of ruins known as the 'Old Owl Well'. It is actually an old watchtower of an ancient magical empire known as 'The Netheril Empire'. They were destroyed, or some say destroyed themselves, a long time ago. Who knows what dangerous magic might be buried there?"

"In any case, several prospectors have reported being chased from the area by undead. Can you take a trip up there and find out what is going on? Who is there and what they're up to? I'd appreciate it."

He pauses. "When you get back, I can talk to you more about the Order."

Quelline Alderleaf w/Bern, Balthazar, and Lingo

The boy beams with pride at the compliments. He proceeds to give you directions to where the tunnel comes out.

The mother snorts at Lingo's final comments. "He knows how to hide from his chores well enough. If he learns any better I'll never get him to do his work."

She pauses, then adds. "You are welcome for tea, if you tell me what you find and do in there. But", her finger wags at him, "don't think I don't know what you're up to young man. I was not born yesterday."

Lingo

He smiles sheepishly but it doesn't paralyze his tongue.

"Of course you do. I was not trying to hide my intent. Take it as a compliment and I'll be sure to visit, chat and enjoy tea when we accomplish our goal."

He turns to his pals.

"I think it's time we get back with the others."

M
M
<Bain>

With a nod, he turned to leave.

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He also nods to Lingo and moves to go with his friends but he pauses and chants softly, holding up a hand as a shower of sparks rises from his hand to delight the young boy.

Balthazar grins and closes his hand, winking at the lad and turns to follow his friends.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn At the Orchard

He looked up at their host at the mention of undead. "Their foulness can not be allowed to trouble the land," he added almost as an after thought "or the people."

He grew silent again his normal terse self. He was content to let the Cleric of Lathandar lead the discussion where it might go.

Ryssa

She nodded, both in agreement with the paladin's sentiment and the old adventurer's offer of a quest.

"We will do this for you and for the good of the people of this town and the surrounding countryside."

Ryssa glanced at Luminmorn and then back to Doran Edermath.

"Is there anything else you can tell us before we take leave of your company and your hospitality?"

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
GM

Daran shakes his head and bids you a good day, thanking you for agreeing to look into the undead problem.

Both groups meet up near the middle of town, by the Townmaster's Hall just in time to see Harbin Wester come scurrying out of the building, a large stack of papers under one arm. He doesn't even glance in your direction, but instead hurries off towards a small home nearby.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

Luminmorn met with his traveling companions and nodded a hello. But as he sees the man moving quickly the large dragonborn bears his teeth. "That doesn't look right," he indicated the hurrying town master. He had been supicious of the man because of his apparent lack of concern for the townspeople. It could be nothing or normal but he didn't think so.

M
M
<Bern>

"Nothing about that man is right", he says and spits on the ground. "But I have not seen or heard anything to suggest he is forcing these folks. So isn't that for the town's residents to address?"

MikeD
Ryssa

"I suppose it is, but don't you want to follow him and see what he's up to?"

M
M
<Bern>

He got a far away look in his eye for a moment, then focused back on Ryssa. "To be honest, it is a toss up as to whether I would rather be slaying those orcs or ridding this town of a useless bureaucrat", he said with a wicked grin.

MikeD
Ryssa

"I've got a coin if you want me to toss it," she said with a crooked little smile.

M
M
<Bern>

"It sounds like the best plan I have heard today."

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - I can flip the coin, but you have other info to share and decision to make in the meanwhile I think.)

Ryssa

Splitting her attention between her companions and the small home into which Harbin Wester had disappeared, she remembered what the retired adventurer had told her and the paladin.

"By the way, Luminmorn and I have received word of another possible mission of good we can undertake."

Ryssa went on to tell all she had been told about the undead problem.

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,433
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy