Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Ignoring the goblins self-serving comment, he says, "Talking is better than fighting. Should we all go, or just one of us?"

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Who is going to do the talking? I feel I would be best positioned to cover so that I can defend the spokesperson should things not go to plan."

She is feeling a little relieved that they are going in this direction. Scouting can be risky but she felt she should offer that as a possible option.

Karok Battlehammer

"I will not be me. We have no tolerance for Goblins and they know it." he said sternly as if to say that he didn't think this goblin should still be alive.

AJ Offline
Kriv Norixius

"I have no love for their kind either, but I have a decent grounding in the art of negotiation. I do not make empty promises, nor empty threats."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She nods to Kriv. "Sounds good." Of course she could go herself, but she is not really in the unnecessary risk-taking business. "We could also send a message with this one." She points at the Goblin. "Although maybe it'll be better to make them think there's more of us than there are, and he might tell the truth."

She thinks a bit. "I doubt the Goblins know how much was in that chest, so maybe we just give them all the coins and hold onto that statuette?"

AJ Offline
Kriv

"It depends how highly they value their lives. Us being fewer in number is also an advantage: That Bugbear and his mutt had this whole warren cowed. Letting these vermin live is enough of a mercy already."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"So why don't we all go together? We can have this one", gesturing to the Goblin, "call in ahead of us so we are not shot on sight. That way we don't risk any more of us being taken prisoner. Kriv can be our spokesman. If needed I speak Goblin, so if they try to talk behind our backs I will understand what they're saying."

AJ Offline
Kriv

"Works for me."

He looked askance of the others: Their input was vital.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"There is only copper in the chest now. Could be good to be able to offer that as a reserve if need be, gesture of goodwill perhaps?"

She considers.

"The plan sounds good but we are at risk from being flanked from behind. I can stay near the bridge and act as rear guard, retreating as needed to stay with you all."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"We may need to put the silver back into it to make the deal worthwhile for them." She says, keeping this conversation low and out of hearing of their captive. "That small statuette was worth many times the worth of the silver, so it shouldn't matter for us to give it up. And I'd suggest we don't go too far inside. Make them meet us halfway so we can't be surrounded."

AJ Offline
Kriv

Quietly, he responded,

"There is little benefit to sweetening the pot: If we are not strong enough in their eyes to impose our will, then nothing will stop them keeping their booty by force of arms. If we need to resort to appeasement, it makes us seem weak and vulnerable. These are vermin, reasoned discourse and civilised trade are concepts as foreign to them as living in a dank cave and pillaging travellers are to us. If we are to treat with them, it needs must be in their language, conforming to their view of the world, not trying idealistically to impose ours upon them and hoping for the best.

Forget kindness, reasonableness, equitable transactions. Think rule by the strong, absolute obedience to someone you don't have the strength to kill, self-serving cowardice such as life as an unwilling slave preferable to making a stand against the strong."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She shrugs, looking over at Davroar and Karok. "What do you think?"

Karok Battlehammer

"As I've said, I'm no diplomat. I believe like Kriv. A show of power is the only thing I've seen these creatures react to. It's the only reason that one is helping now." he said pointing to the goblin with disdain.

"Turn your back on it and you'll quickly find a knife in it if the creature thinks it can get away with it."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"I agree. A strong showing is all they respect. Kriv is the most physically imposing I think, and should lead."

His barbarian heritage shows through with his suggestion, "I'd even cut off Klarg's head and bring it to show we're serious."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

Do you? (cut off Klarg's head)

Also, it seems like there's finally a consensus, shall I move this forward? If so, it sounds like Kriv's leading the way. To move the game forward, AJ, why don't you take the bull by the horns and state which way you are headed?

AJ Offline
Kriv

"Agreed. Sever the head, take it with us."

The Dragonborn hefted his maul and headed for the bridge, stopping just short of crossing it. He roared out a challenge,

"Klarg is dead! Do you all want to join him in death, or will you give us what we want to make us go away forever?"

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She takes a rear guard position. Even though they are stopping short of the bridge there is the hole down to the wolf area where goblins may emerge. Her bow is loaded.

AJ Offline
Intended destination hex: N7 W8 from present position, taking the southern passage, advancing slowly and carefully in case of ambush.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: Let's have an intimidation roll from Kriv. Do it with advantage because of Klarg's severed head.

Here's what I think AJ meant. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached Images
crag15.jpg (66.36 KB, 41 downloads)
AJ Offline
Kriv Intimidating with advantage
AJ rolled 1d20+2,1d20+2 and got 22, 12

Good time for a natural 20. weg

Edit: K is Karok, A is Kriv, and in this instance Kriv was to the fore to negotiate. Other than that, placement is fine.

Last edited by AJ; Fri 21/11/14 18:20 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OK. We'll go wit that wink

DM

Two goblins step out from their hiding spots. Both had considered running but neither wants to get hunted down and Kriv's offer, to leave this place, was better than death. They throw down their bows and say "Kill we not. Come to go see Yeemik now."

They saw the goblin prisoner in tow and that made them believe that there was hope. He's not dead yet, so maybe these invaders might spare them too.

They want to lead the party over the bridge to the other side of the caverns. Do you follow?

AJ Offline
Kriv

He did his utmost to hide his disgust for those who would throw down their weapons and surrender when their own home was invaded, especially since he'd been working for this outcome. He indicated to those behind him to lay claim to the surrendered bows, and strode confidently after the goblins, severed head in one hand, maul in the other.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Following along he will gather up a discarded bow and try to look as menacing as possible too.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Despair

She follows to the rear, keeping a close eye on their prisoner as well as glancing behind them. Once over the bridge she will stop to make sure none cross to try to cut them off.

(OOC - Nep - Any chance we can use the PC names on the map bubbles instead of the player names? It is always confusing to me to try to figure out who is who on the map. I know we have a bunch of "K" names, but you can use "De" for Despair for Kallista and "Da" for Davroar. Then "Ka" for Karok and "Kr" for Kriv. "J" for Jaliera and "C" for Chandan naturally. Just wondering.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: I'll make the change but who would imagine 3 "K"s. Damn it, there are 26 letters in the English alphabet!

Meanwhile, whatcha doing for light?]

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,839
Posts140,658
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy