Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gypsy), 33 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KenSeg #739055 Fri 12/09/14 00:17 UTC
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Dm - Just waiting for Lingo to post.

Zeim #739072 Fri 12/09/14 00:56 UTC
Ryssa

She cocked her head to one side, saw the arrow protruding from Balthazar's body and grimaced.

"I can only cast one major spell of healing (major to her - at her level of experience) today," she said slowly, frowning and considering as she glanced from him toward the woods and back.

"But I am also skilled in medicine... doctoring, and I could treat your wound and bandage it."

Exeter #739319 Fri 12/09/14 17:04 UTC
Lingo

"Oh no you don't!" he called out as he started to a dash towards the goblin. There's no way he was going to catch up with the goblin so in a last, desperate attempt to stop him he flings his bow at the goblin's feet, hoping to trip him up.

Lingo throws bow Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 5
Lingo throws bow (advantage) Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 2

Neptune #739330 Fri 12/09/14 17:41 UTC
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Lingo's desperate attempt to stop the fleeing Goblin fails as his flung bow catches on a tree branch and misses. The Goblin continues fleeing.

(Note: Limumorn has one chance to try to toss something that might trip the Goblin or it will have fled so far that to continue after it will create a separate party of Lingo and Lumimorn. It seems to be following a trail through the woods, and it is bleeding from an arrow wound from Bern, thus leaving a blood trail as well.)

Back at the rest of the group, Bern stands guard as Balthazar and Ryssa search.

The Goblins that attacked you (except the one fleeing) are all dead. The horses up ahead, that originally cause you to stop, appear familiar and after a moment you realize that these are the horses that Gundren and Sildar were riding. Apparently they were waylaid by these same Goblins some time before you arrived.

Searching the horse's saddlebags reveals they have been looted. However an empty leather map case lies on the ground nearby. Each Goblin carries a scimitar and scabbard as well as a short bow and quiver of 20 arrows. They have no money.

(OOC - MikeD - As Goblins are among Bern's Favored Enemies, let me know if he is searching around.)

Exeter #739346 Fri 12/09/14 18:54 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

Now that the rush of battle was over, he slumped to the ground, the arrow still stuck in him.

He looked at the cleric and blushed.

"Ah...I g...guess." he stammered.

KenSeg #739395 Fri 12/09/14 21:17 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

When it was clear that Rockseeker and his group had also been ambushed, he becomes a lot more interested in the searching, but he isn't ready to let his vigil down just yet. Until Balthazar or Ryssa are finished and ready to keep watch ... or Lingo and/or Lumimorn get back, he will continue to keep watch.

Once he has a moment, he will take a look around. If nothing else, he is sure that he can find a trail to follow. The question to that will still need answering, though ... should they follow or should the continue with their 'job' or follow the goblin.

MikeD
MikeD #739402 Fri 12/09/14 22:22 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

Seeing the bow land ineffectually near the goblin the dragonborn nods. Nodding while running isn't as easy it had seemed to him. He turns his huge battle axe in his hand and hurls it the the massive blade flat towards the goblin. If it were to strike or slow the goblin then they might catch it.

[OOC: He will attempt subdual damage on the goblin. Rolled the attack flat, not sure if there is a minus for hurling a two handed weapon. Unlikely to hit, but had to try.

Pandemonium rolled 1d20+5,1d12+3 and got 12, 9]

MikeD #739403 Fri 12/09/14 22:23 UTC
Ryssa

Her healing kit in hand, Ryssa knelt at his side, but seeing his obvious discomfiture, her left hand instinctively moved up to cover the puckered, disfiguring scar on her left cheek. When she spoke, her voice was a bit hoarse.

"If my scar bothers you so, you do not have to look at me."

She carefully extracted the arrow, cleaned the wound, applied a healing ointment and quickly bandaged it before getting back to her feet and turning back to the wagon.

Ryssa did not like the short bow they'd found but put it and the quiver of arrows in the wagon alongside her own gear.

Exeter #739407 Fri 12/09/14 22:33 UTC
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Lumimorn throws his axe at the Goblin, but it too misses, crashing into the brush on the side of the trail. the Goblin continues running as fast as it's pumping legs will go.

Ryssa uses some herbs and bandages to clean Balthazar's wound (unfortunately that is merely a RPing effect as there is no "binding" skill in this version. What the Medicine Skill specifically is used for is to stabilize a dying pc, which means that if someone drops below zero and there are no healing spells available someone can use Medicine to stop that pc from having to make any more Death Saves. He would then remain unconscious until he can be healed.)

In the meantime, Bern keeps watch, bow in hand and arrow nocked, in case any more enemies appear.

(OOC - Once you finish searching you can make a decision about whether or not to take a short rest, in which case anyone who still has damage can use their Healing Die to heal themselves. A short rest is 1 hour. To use your Healing Die you simply roll whatever you HD base is and add your Con modifier. So, for example, a Ftr who gets d10 for HP and has a Con of 14 which has a +2 multiplier can choose to use his Healing Die and after resting for at least 1 hour can roll 1d10+2 and recover that many HP of damage back. Every time you go up Levels you gain more of these HD available for Healing. So a 3rd level pc has 3 HD of healing. You can use as many of them as you wish after a Short Rest but your maximum use of them is your level/day. So each day you get your level's worth of healing HD. Those healing HD are reset again after you take a Long Rest, 8 hours of sleep.)

(OOC - Need a decision from Lingo and Lumimorn about whether you return to the group or keep after the Goblin.)

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 12/09/14 23:04 UTC.
Exeter #739408 Fri 12/09/14 22:35 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"Scar? What scar?" he asked, grimacing as she took the arrow out.

He got to his feet and walked over to where Ryssa was at the wagon.

"Ah....Ryssa?"

KenSeg #739423 Fri 12/09/14 23:27 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He tosses out a vulgar exclamation in draconic after the fleeing little creature. Rather than chase any more he recovers his axe and stows it upon his back.

He looks to see if Lingo would continue or give up as well. He won't leave the man to rush head long into some other ambush by himself but he for one would rather bring the entire group and exterminate the scourge.

[OOC: Luminmorn wants to return to the party.]

M
M
<Bern>

"We need to decide, as a group, whether to follow the goblin or continue with the 'job' we were hired to do. Apparently the goblins also killed our employer, so my inclination is to follow the goblin and kill it with extreme prejudice ... as well as every one of it's brethren. But", he continued with a sigh, "I have been told that I can be ... over zealous when it comes to goblins and the like."

MikeD
MikeD #739438 Sat 13/09/14 00:36 UTC
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Once Ryssa has bandaged Balthazar, Bern takes a look around. He can easily find numerous Goblin signs. It is pretty clear the Goblins have been using the site to stage ambushes for some time.

The horses lying in the road have been dead about 1 day, and interestingly there is little sign of blood not belonging to the horses.

Looking at the edge of the woods, especially in the direction the Goblin, Lingo, and Lumimorn took off in, Bern can see signs of the beginning of a trail leading northwest.

MikeD - Make a Wisdom (Survival) Skill Check for Bern. You have Advantage on the check as it is for signs of your Favored Enemy.

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 13/09/14 00:37 UTC.
Zeim #739448 Sat 13/09/14 00:54 UTC
Ryssa

She turned at the sound of Balthazar's voice and when she did, the hair flipped out briefly from the left side of her face, allowing him to see - for just a moment - the long, puckered scar which ran from her left temple down almost to the corner of her mouth.

She held up a hand briefly and turned toward Bern.

"The goblin has earned his death," she said to the ranger, "but I am no master of tactics. I will go along with the group's decision on that."

She turned back to Balthazar, her expression growing tight.
I
"Yes?"

[OOC: That seems a shame, Zeim, for there to be such little value to the medicine skill, but... what the heck. smile ]

DM - Actually stabilizing a dying PC can be the difference between permanent death or not, so it is a critical skill to have in the party. It just isn't applicable for anything less than stopping someone from dying.

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 13/09/14 13:40 UTC.
Exeter #739449 Sat 13/09/14 00:58 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar to Ryssa

He looked down at his feet, turning a little red.

"Ryssa...ah Cleric Ryssa. It isn't your scar. I really didn't notice it before. Ah....I...I am not very good....I mean...I have studied long and hard and not really had the chance...."

He blushed red.

"You are a woman."

KenSeg #739451 Sat 13/09/14 01:01 UTC
Ryssa

She blinked two or three times, confused by his statement.

"Yes? Is there something about women that... upsets you?"

Ryssa knew that there were men who preferred other men rather than women and that did not bother her, but she wasn't sure why that would make him dislike her.

Exeter #739452 Sat 13/09/14 01:03 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"What? Oh no! Well, I mean....I get kind of tongue tied around...I dont' have much experience talking with beautiful women and...I didn't want you to think I don't like you or whatever. It is all my fault."

KenSeg #739455 Sat 13/09/14 01:09 UTC
Ryssa

Her hand, seemingly without conscious volition, again came up to touch her left cheek, patting her hair into place to cover the scar.

She shook her head slowly and almost smiled.

"I am not accustomed to being called..." she paused, uncomfortable at the thought of saying beautiful.

"Many think I am not comely looking because of this," she said, touching her cheek.

"It is not any fault of yours."

Exeter #739456 Sat 13/09/14 01:14 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He looked up in surprise.

"Really? Just because you have a scar they don't think you are pretty? That is stupid." he said. "People can be very stupid. We all have scars. Some on the inside, some on the outside."

He looked up at her face and gave her a tentative smile.

"So you aren't made at me? You seem like a really nice person. And you are gentle." he said, touching his side.

KenSeg #739460 Sat 13/09/14 01:20 UTC
Ryssa

"Oh, that is just a matter of training," she said, uncomfortable at his compliments. "I was taught to be careful tending wounds."

She cocked her head slightly to one side, giving the young man a careful look.

"Some people have to live with their scars on the outside where the world can see them," she said softly. "Some can hide theirs."

Ryssa shook her head slowly.

"I am not angry with you."

Exeter #739463 Sat 13/09/14 01:22 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He let out a deep breath and smiled again, blushing.

"Good. We are working together and it has been kind of hard with me thinking you didn't like me. I mean, not that you would. We hardly know each other...." he stopped and shrugged.

"Like I said, I get a bit nervous."

KenSeg #739541 Sat 13/09/14 05:12 UTC
Lingo

Stubborn....relentless....pig-headed....foolhardy....

The halfling ticked off the names he's been called. He didn't accept failure. Tenacity was certainly an aspect of that trait. So he kept on running after the goblin. Eventually one of them would need to stop. Lingo hoped it would be his prey.

He pursued.

-Nep
Neptune #739543 Sat 13/09/14 05:58 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

Seeing his companion continue the chase the dragonborn dashes after him. He can't let an associate go into battle without help.

[OOC: I guess we are in a horror game. We split the party.]

M
M
<Bern>

It was reassuring that there were no bodies and, in fact, little blood that didn't belong to the horses. The meant that either Rockseeker and his companion escaped the ambush ... or were taken prisoner.

It was nice that the goblins had gotten so comfortable in their ambush point that they had left a road map back to their lair.

Once more through the area, just to be sure that he didn't miss anything ... like dwarven tracks leading elsewhere ... and he is ready to report his finding.

Bern survival to track goblins w/ adv MikeD rolled d20+2,d20+2 and got 12, 6

MikeD
MikeD #739615 Sat 13/09/14 16:27 UTC
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM - (Bern, Ryssa, & Balthazar)

Checking the sides of the road and the beginning of the trail, Bern can see the tracks of roughly a dozen or so Goblins have come and gone along the trail. He can also see signs of two human sized bodies having been dragged along the trail away from the ambush site. Bern also discovers a small clearing near the road where the wagon would easily fit yet still be screened from anyone riding past who did not stop to look. Returning to report he can see Ryssa and Balthazar engaged deeply in conversation.

(Lingo & Lumimorn)

Around several turns in the trail, and a hundred yards or so away from the main road, Lingo and Lumimorn continue after the Goblin. They do not gain on him, but he does not increase his extremely slim lead either.

The Goblin is running in complete panic. All of his companions were slaughtered and he is being chased by a dragon and some sort of small devil he cannot get away from. He screams in complete fear, not bothering to even look at where he is going, just trying to get away. He crashes through small tree limbs and brush, leaving a blood trail from the arrow that wounded him during the fight.

Turning one more corner, Lingo and Lumimorn in hot pursuit, there is a pause in the noise as the Goblin starts saving his breath for running and he enters a tiny opening in the underbrush flanked by a single large tree. The sound of a soft snap can be heard and the Goblin's eyes open even wider as he realizes what he has done.

The Goblin's new high pitched scream covers the sound of the swooshing tree limb as a noose closes around the Goblin's ankle and sweeps him up off the ground, leaving him dangling 10 feet off the ground by one ankle.

Lingo and Lumimorn come up this scene barely seconds after it occurs.

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 13/09/14 16:29 UTC.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gypsy
Gypsy
Pidley, Cambs, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,824
Posts140,430
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy