Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dugan, Phoenix Prime), 34 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 57 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 56 57
ividia #609889 Sat 26/05/12 01:31 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

Celi obediently rose to her feet in one graceful swoop and glided after Derian, happy to be included. "Wood for traps or burning?"

She wasn't being judgmental; just curious. "Would you tell me what our plan is? I am not planning anything; I would just feel more confident knowing what to expect."

#609897 Sat 26/05/12 01:42 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Both. All kinds, all sizes. Gather all can find, send down, decide what best for what after."

She paused at the ropes, answered the next question.

"Make barricade. Make beasts go other way. Kill beasts."

At that Darian began to climb.

#609898 Sat 26/05/12 01:43 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Beautiful Bekkah, Sleepy Cesare, Devotional Dean, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

Looking upward and outward, tilting her head left and right, she finally nodded. "Not much of an opening, but it will do providing any of our Sisters have wandered over there..." Daxia shook her head with a wry smile. "I should not entertain any doubts, and simply trust that our Sisters will be there when I need them." She sighed; it was a slow cleansing breath.

As she turned to follow Darian... indeed, after having taken a step or two, a puzzled look crossed her features and she stopped short. She looked upwards, then slowly turned westward again, her chin, her gaze dropping fingerwidth by fingerwidth as if watching something, until she was looking once again at the narrow window.

"Lady Kay spoke of wildflowers that grow all year 'round, down the western side of the 'hill.' Could they be violets... columbines... lilies of the valley?" she whispered. "I always thought the stories were just stories... that the Flowered Path was a pretty story to tell children, a tale to send adventurers wandering across the High Tarn."

The Dayalan paused, head tilted, then turned to Linette. "Would that be the Horned God's doing when They fled from here that night, Lady? Or has the Flowered Path always existed? The stories I've heard say the Path runs from the shadow of the Dirkwood towards Bordertown." She looked back out the window, pausing again to look at the bright wildflowers that she could only see in her Patterns. "What if it started here, and they fled to the Dirkwood? But if Romana's stories are correct, it wasn't the Dirkwood then." Daxia shook her head, and looked at Linette again. "Before... all this... was the greatest forest on the mainland called the Dirkwood? Or was it, as Romana says, the Heartwood... the World Forest?"

Again, she sighed, eyes closed, then let out a chuff of a self-deprecation. "I know, I know. Dazi talks too much and asks too many questions." She opened her eyes, meeting the gaze of the youthful Covener, smiling and shrugging. "But how else does one learn, except to ask questions about things one does not know? Knowledge does not fall into one's head like water into a bucket."

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
ividia #609962 Sat 26/05/12 10:31 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"I'm resting but not deaf. Want another pair of hands?"

He is still lying curled in the corner but now propped up on one elbow.

Gypsy #610054 Sat 26/05/12 20:10 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She gave the Rhoni a brief smile. "Aye."

ividia #610149 Sun 27/05/12 11:39 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He had rested awhile but not slept. Despite his mother's words, he found he did not sleep easily here. He wonders if he is changing. Growing up they looked out for each other, complete in their family unit, a Rhoni family. All other were Gaiji. They might tarry with some, work with or for others, even take pleaseure with them but even from the outset they all knew they would move on. Because of this it is easiest not to get involved, not to invest emotionally in people who are a best a fleeting chapter in your life book. Maybe it because in different ways his Rhoni family have gone their own ways? Maybe as a result he is investing more in this strange group of theirs? Certainly they are different. He finds himself bemused, amused, irritated and proud of the people he has come to know.. but these are emotional.. not the distant detachment he is more used to.

And maybe because of all of that he is more affected by what has and is happening here. He finds he is appalled by it, horrified even, and deep down something has stirred his soul enough that he knows he will do whatever it takes to put an end to this. He doesn't share his feelings. He isn't used to doing that and wouldn't know where to start anyway.

Pushing his to his feet with an easy lithe movement, he brushes off the dust and moves back to the others. Working is good, stops the mind dwelling on questions for which he has no answers.

"What do you need me to do?"

Gypsy #610174 Sun 27/05/12 17:16 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She points to the opening above their heads then meets his eyes. Her amber ones hold a warmth for him.

"Up. Get wood. Lower to others. Come."

The Hunter grasps the first of the ropes and begins to climb.

ividia #610293 Mon 28/05/12 02:02 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi jumped up on the next free rope and clambered up after Derian, her thoughts a mixture of enthusiasm and frustration at being ignored. She knew she needed to show them something , but there was no opportunity ...

Stormrunner , where are you? We ate coming up to get wood...

#610353 Mon 28/05/12 11:48 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Something I've much practice in, well collecting wood anyway.."

He waits for both of the young women to climb, reaching out to pull taut both ropes in use making it easier and quicker to climb. Once they are at the top, he will follow, taking time to climb carefully and wrapping the rope around his waist, a safeguard in case he slips.

Kel #610355 Mon 28/05/12 12:25 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon
Rameday, The Twenty-First Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

In the West Temple

Slowly the other prisoner looked up, biting her lower lip as her collar bit with the slight movement.

"I-I-I d-d-d-don' know ..."

A simple honest answer.

"N-n-n-no trail of flowers .... no D-d-d-d-irkwood. The t-t-t-two woods nearby are the G-g-g-greenlands where I g-g-g-rew up and the Heart-t-t-twood.

"I-I-I-I am sor-r-r-ry I d-d-d-don't know of what y-y-y speak-k-k-k-k."

Linette then just rested back then. Huddled in her cloak Romana winced once, hearing the question, her head falling to look at te floor.

Up and down, back and forth, there is ample deadwood that can be collected from the dense underbrush and trees that now crown the Temple ruins. Darian and Cesare can easily haul down a goodly amount of wood, in preparation for the upcoming evenings dinner rendezvous. The ropes make lowering the fire wood down fairly easy, as long as one was on top, the other was on bottom. Longtooth padded out of the healer's small house as Darian pulled herself from the well, quite content to supervise this endeavor.

By the time their third collection of brambles where lowered down they could hear Kadri make her way back up the narrow trail, to then arrive with her and Mikal's horses, their gear, the ropes, and without Mikal.

Last edited by Wolf; Mon 28/05/12 12:26 UTC.
Wolf #610357 Mon 28/05/12 12:29 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Looking around at the sound of horses, he is surprised to see only Kadri.

"Where's Mikal?"

Unless Mikal delayed only a short while to wait for important and lightweight supplies, he cannot see a reason other than trouble as to why Mikal is not here. And they will need him for sure.

Gypsy #610396 Mon 28/05/12 18:09 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

At Longtooth's appearance she paused in her work to ruffle his fur and speak quietly with him. For the most part they worked in silence, each gathering up as much as they could, loading it into the tarp, binding it, then lowering it down. Even though the day was cool as is normal for the season, she worked up at sweat and a thirst.

The sound of hooves echoed up to them as she took a sip from her waterskin. Then Kadri only and two mounts appeared. Cesare asked the question before she did. There was another bundle of wood ready. As Darian lowered it over the side and down to waiting hands, she called out to those below, "Kadri be here."

ividia #610423 Mon 28/05/12 19:23 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Bekkah, Dean, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

The young Dayalan shook her head, her face a study in confusion. "What in the name of all we hold dear happened?" She walked back to the window and leaned against the wall, palms flat against the cool marble on either side of the narrow opening, head bowed and eyes closed.

"The Greenlands... well, technically the Forest of Roth is a large part of the Greenlands. And the Greenland's Path runs through the Forest of Roth, though no sane person takes that path any longer," she said quietly. "That the followers of He of the Red Scarf seem to have taken up residence there after the destruction and desecration of our Temple here explains much. At least those Patterns can be overlaid atop what stories have passed down through the generations, what I have learned since entering the Temple, and find a comfortable -- if horrific -- congruence.

"But of the Flowered Path, of the great forest to the north and west of here..."

Again, she shook her head, but this time is was a gesture of clearing, of shrugging off unnecessary thoughts and concerns. When she straightened and turned towards the Covener again, her expression was not far off from the one she wore at Court; if anything, her expression bore the most similarity to her Khorall's.

"You have nothing for which to apologize, Lady Linette. It is I who should apologize to you," she said with a brief bow of her head. "And I do apologize. You have been most gracious in even attempting to answer questions regarding events that, for you, have never happened.

"I do have one question," Daxia said, turning towards Tashka, eyes lingering on Romana for a heartbeat... eyes that held a look of appraisal the young Easterner had yet to see from the Dayalan.

"And it may seem a most peculiar question, I will warn you," she said.

"We name the days Rameday, Hasday, Attaday, Marketday and Restday. Did you name them the same, or had you other names for them?"

Kel #610424 Mon 28/05/12 19:24 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Bekkah, Dean and Romana in the Temple On The Border Main Hall

Daxia exchanged looks with those working with her in the hall before looking up and calling out, "Kadri only? No Mikal?"

Kel #610439 Mon 28/05/12 19:51 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri starts unpacking bundles from the horses after tying them off. Moving methodically to get the things to the enterance so that they can help her in with them.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

In the West Temple

"Those names are as unfamiliar to me as mine are to yours, I suspect."

Tashka answered Daxia matter of factly.

"Daylnstak ... the first day, of course, then Vtornstak, Chelvnstak, Pjatnstak and ending with Nochnstak."

Last edited by Wolf; Mon 28/05/12 20:47 UTC.
Wolf #610461 Mon 28/05/12 20:54 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Mikal no here," the Hunter answered. "Kadri no say."

ividia #610466 Mon 28/05/12 22:11 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Bekkah, Dean, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

Daxia simply nodded. "It is not the names that matter, Verchovai, as much as the fact they have changed. It weaves the Patterns differently than if they had been the same." She inclined her head respectfully in thanks to her Priestess, before turning back towards the corridor and addressing her remaining troop.

"Bekkah, Romana, Dean... come. We'll all go help lower the wood being collected, and begin moving it down this and the north corridor. Romanaska, walk with me?"

She waited for her sister and the Squire to precede them out of the chapel, and walked with Romana in silence. About halfway down the corridor between the chapel and main hall, she gestured for Bekkah and Dean to go ahead, and waited until they'd passed into the hall before speaking softly to Romana.

Well, her volume was soft. Her voice was commanding.

"You are a stranger in our lands, and to most a reviled one, Romanaska," Daxia said, looking up at the tall Easterner. "But I will not have you cowering and whimpering like a kicked ruff. You are a Princess of Kh'Lhy'Ra, and it is unseemly. I would not stand in the Marketplace in Bordertown and announce you are from beyond the Black Mountains; nor do I object in any way to your efforts to remain in the background of events." The Dayalan's face was impassive, though her eyes held the warmth of friendship.

"Trust that when I do share your heritage, it is because I believe it is important."

She paused, holding Romana's eyes for two, three heartbeats.

"I will repeat myself, Romanaska, and hope you believe me. I have made the same oath to you that Jeminy Kilkenna made to Risha's people... no one shall harm you while I live.

"No one."

Kel #610467 Mon 28/05/12 22:14 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Say to Kadri lean over, talk to Dazi," she replied to Darian.

Kel #610475 Mon 28/05/12 22:40 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

In the West Temple

"Romanas know ..."

The young woman slowly stands, to help with the others.

"Just ... Romanas never lies to Dazidazidazi ... but understands. Not nows, not when told Dazidazidazi about Heartwoods."

Wolf #610478 Mon 28/05/12 22:49 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

She pauses a moment, then leans over.

"The Local Jvrillans had a problem with his rumoring - and the wanted to ... talk with him. I had to talk my way out of being sent home without my supper. Luckily, The man in question had two blind spots - Being female and 'He don' think us that farm ha' any smarts'".

SHe shrugs.

"I don't think that Mikal was in any direct immediate danger - and he said that he would be along before long."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Romana in the Temple On The Border West Corridor

"Ahhh," she said, sounding relieved. "Dazidazidazi does not think Romana lied, not about anything, not about the Heartwood." The Dayalan rubbed the back of her neck, brows furrowed in thought for a moment before her face brightened and she smiled at Romana.

"It is a way of... thinking about or talking about the way one thing becomes another thing.

"Dazidazidazi might say 'If Dazi left the Vale, how did she get to Talesan's Village?' Dazidazidazi has certainly left the Vale, da? But the way to Talesan's Village is not completely known yet. Where does Dazidazidazi stop along the way, who does Dazidazidazi meet, how many handful of days does it take Dazidazidazi to reach Talesan's Village?

"It is the same with the mystery of the Great Forest. If Romana's tale of the Heartwood is a true tale -- as surely it is -- what things happened, where did they happen, how did they happen that leaves us with a Great Forest in despair and being called the Dirkwood, da? There are many answers in Romana's tale, but I think more answers are in the tales others could tell, as well."

Daxia looked back towards the Chapel with sadness. "Those answers are not here, and I think I would not want Lady Linette to know what happened at Silk Creek Bridge unless I could say with certainty who precisely did what, and precisely why they did it."

Turning back to Romana, she continued, "Just as Cohrlayans and Dayalans have different stories we tell for the same events, the Coveners who remember their stories of Silk Creek Bridge might tell the tale differently than Romana or Dazidazidazi. Already, we know that Romana tells the tale differently than Dazidazidazi, da?

"Romana does not lie, because Romana tells the truth of the Cohrlayans. Dazidazidazi does not lie, because Dazidazidazi tells the truth of the Dayalans. Perhaps we will find a Covener who knows the truth of the Coven.

"If a thing happens and there are many ways of telling how it happened, maybe a clearer knowing of the whole truth is possible."

She paused, head tilted. "If you only look at the front of a building, you cannot say you know the whole building, nyeh? You must walk around the building and go inside and perhaps climb up on the roof to know as much as possible about the building.

"History is the same.

"Nobody knows everything."

The redhead gestured towards the Main Hall, and walked beside the tall Easterner as they went to join Bekkah and Dean at the well. "Tcha! Silly Romana," she said with a grin. "Thinking Dazidazidazi not believe her!"

Kel #610541 Tue 29/05/12 02:21 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Celi, Cesare, Darian and Kadri in the Ruin above

Daxia chuckled at Kadri's imitation of a person from the country. "Ok. Dazi not worry until we finish and Mikal not back.

"But Dazi worry then. Dazi not want fetch Dazi's Jvrillian from Jvrillian Guildhouse."

She shrugged and readied herself to guide another bundle into the Hall and empty the contents of the tarp.

"Mikal smart. He work it out."

Kel #610590 Tue 29/05/12 12:21 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

If he is annoyed that Kadri ignores his question, he doesn't show it, just merely shrugs and goes back to work. As a Rhoni he is used to people avoiding and ignoring him and he'll find the answer soon enough.. which he does when Kadri reports in to Daxia.

He is more concerned that Mikal has been delayed by those in his order. He doesn't trust authority, finds they are mostly self-serving rather than serving those they have responsibility for. They will need everyone this evening if they are to have a hope of success. He looks at the sky and works out how long Mikal has left to get here.

Gypsy #610596 Tue 29/05/12 12:35 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc note: Mikal would not be too far behind; the discussion and his temple discussion was not long. Perhaps two more loads of firewood down the well behind Kadri's arrival.

Page 27 of 57 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
AquaDyne
AquaDyne
Seattle, Washington, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,823
Posts140,419
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy