Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Miales, Alduin, Mina, Phoenix Prime), 40 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 57 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 56 57
#608459 Sun 20/05/12 16:47 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She does not watch Cesare leave. As he said time is growing. She goes to her sleep soon.

The Hunter turns and works her way back through the crevice, then the steps through the organic tunnel and out beyond it. Now she searches for a way to the well or the path below it.

ividia #608481 Sun 20/05/12 18:05 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He retraces his steps again, getting used to the route which will become their battleground. He considers where he and Darian might best position themselves to be able to use throwing knives and arrows.

Then before too long he is back in the main chamber with the captives, Daxia and the others.

"Darian and Celi have gone outside via the cracked wall. They are trying to find the way back to the well so we have an alternative way in and out. They know time is short. Anything we can be doing ahead of Mikal and Kadri returning?"

Gypsy #608492 Sun 20/05/12 18:46 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi followed along in the wake of Derian, using her own skills to remain close and quiet. She paid close attention to any signals from Derian, to their surroundings, and to any information imparted to them by Stormrunner.

In exchange, she gave Stormy updates on their position and direction of travel.

#608619 Mon 21/05/12 03:00 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Bekkah, Cesare, Dean, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

After Cesare gave his report, Daxia opened her mouth to speak... but then stopped, a pensive look on her face as she gripped her lower lip between her teeth. For the space of a fullhand of heartbeats, perhaps even more, she was silent, eyes distant... looking at something only she could see. Finally, she gave a slight shake of her head as she shrugged, before refocusing her gaze on the Rhoni.

"The world itself seems to have taken great pains to hide virtually all evidence of this Temple from outsiders, something easily enough accomplished over the course of seven generations, yah? What they seek may not be possible to find. Still," she said with a half smile, "the more information we have on possible paths the Beasts might take, the lay of the land between here and Roth, the easier it will be to decide what options might work and what would not when it comes to killing the Beasts and fighting the Avatar."

To his question, the Dayalan merely shook her head and said, "We know all we can know about the Beasts, short of interrogating the Beastmaster Romana spoke of... not something I would be anxious to do even with an entire troop of my Sisters at my side. Between now and Mikal and Kadri's return, I can only suggest rest and prayer."

The redhead turned back to her Priestess, grinning broadly. "And before you accuse me of not taking my own advice, Verchovai, I should point out that I find it quite restful to engage in interesting conversations."

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #608639 Mon 21/05/12 12:05 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"My mother once said that I had the ability to sleep anywhere at any time. Not sure she meant it as a compliment. Neither am I sure I can rest easily in these surroundings.. but I will put my mother's wisdom to the test."

He glances around.

"I'll be over in that corner if anyone needs me."

He sets about making himself as comfortable as he can, intent on resting even if sleep does not come.

Gypsy #608760 Mon 21/05/12 19:08 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Bekkah, Cesare, Dean, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

Daxia nodded to Cesare, and continued to lean against the wall for a moment or two longer before sliding down against the wall to sit, resting her body a bit. Tilting her head to lean it against the wall, looking up at Tashka, she said, simply, "The Avatar."

A deep breath in, slowly exhaled as she let her shoulders actually relax, then a pause for a handful of heartbeats.

"I am going to remain optimistic that we will kill him, but the one who takes his place -- and all those after, and after, and after -- do they remain as... hmmm... forceful, powerful... as the original? Or is each one something less than the previous one? I suppose I am wondering if it takes some time for a new Avatar to fully gain all the power and advantages He bestows on them.

"Or should we be praying the Jvrillian troops who fend off the Chaos Riders when they come riding from the Forest of Roth kill enough of them that there will be fewer candidates to become an Avatar?"

ividia #608898 Tue 22/05/12 03:53 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon
Rameday, The Twenty-First Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

At the Base of the Ruins

After a bit, Darian breaks out into the mid-afternoon. The sun is slowly on Her descent, the air is cool. This face of the ruined temple faces the nearby woods, the place where the Greenlands Path slips tough, the Forest of Roth, where the fel riders haunt.

Thus it is not unexpected that the fields outside of Bordertown - the fields on this side of the town are empty. Indeed they are empty for a purpose - it is readily apparent that the open space forms a narrow buffer between the town walls and the treeline; anyone coming out of the Forest will have to travel that open space. It isn't large, perhaps a good arrow's shot wide, but that is still enough for a little, instead of no, warning.

At the Hunter's back the ruins rise, high and tall and wide; indeed the base of the rubble field is larger than the town itself and the height is taller than the town walls. Turning around, to face the tumble downed temple, to the right there may be no way around; or at least no way that is more trouble than its worth. For the right hand side is where the broken stones, the tangled underbrush crash right into the base of the town wall. Working one's way back to the other side of the temple would be a long hard push through treacherous footing and thick brambles.

To the left, however, along the base of the ruins, the path is rather easy. All about the town and temple, to the south and west, are the fields than begin the High Tarn. A few large rocks are strewn here and there, but for walking, for riding, it is an easy way. However, it is a long, long path, a good long walk and would probably consume a great deal of time.

Add that to trying to slip back through the rubble like a lizard, it probably would take less total time to use Lady Kay's path and enter through the well.

Wolf #608903 Tue 22/05/12 06:32 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
"That way forces you into the Roth, and through the brambles," Celi softly acknowledged the obvious. Going into the Roth to travel? Easier to simply cut your own throat and leave a note.

She thought the south and west routes invited ambush, because of the need to adjust your route around the huge rocks. But that could be scouted, and circumvented, and Stormrunner engaged. The well also seemed a reasonable route, and shortest, although lowering goods and supplies through it was an annoyance.

But ... it wasn't her responsibility to choose.

She simply awaited Derian's guidance.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Tue 22/05/12 06:35 UTC.
#608940 Tue 22/05/12 13:31 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

A sudden unexpected sound causes her to spin, setting arrow to bow and sighting along it. Trained eyes seek out the source as the string is pulled taught. It is several long seconds before the Hunter relaxes the string with a few soft curses then begins to move again.

She moves on again only to be distracted by more noise. Darian grimaces then says to Celi, "Tell pad be STILL."

Once she finally has quiet she looks about their surroundings, making note of it all. With a quiet, rueful shake of her head she turns and heads back inside the temple, back to Dazi and the others.

ividia #608971 Tue 22/05/12 16:14 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Are you doing that on purpose? Celi thought, feeling the rush of pleasure at Stormrunner's presence, a twinge of annoyance at his clumsiness, and a faint tingle of long-missed humor. Aftwer all, he might be Just Kidding. Making an unnecessary noise was something she wouldn't put past him, just to see how sharp he hunter's senses were and how far he could tug her chain. That was Stormrunner, all right.

How do you stay fed, walking around on all those twigs and dry leaves? Hunter asks please be quiet, lest she impale you by accident. Arrows are expensive.

She sent an overwhelming wave of affection. I missed you.

"Yes, Darian. I told him. I think he is teasing us."

Kel #609036 Tue 22/05/12 23:15 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

In the West Chapel

"What I know is this ...."

Tashka took a breath, closing her eyes.

"Victory over the first of the red scarves was a long fight, brutal and wearing. I am a still a bit surprised we won. The next, two or three, they fell easy, the next harder, the next easier, the next tough, until we were finally completely empty. They could fight a battle of attrition here ... with two, it was only a matter of time."

There was a heavy silence after that, one finally broken by a softer voice with an odd odd accent.

"It is ... all ... chance."

Romana hugged herself tight.

"It all depends who around, who there, who strong, brave, desperate, crazy enough, when one of Theirs finally dies. It is like ... like when toss meat into an ocean of sharks, a frenzy blood, carnage and feeding until only one stands.

"This one ... this one ... this one here, long long long time.

"Means two things. First, is strong enough to beat all who come up against, yes?

"Second, if others real good, eventually they will try to take out. Think big, best to prove big, kill biggest. He still lives, others who ride with Him, then, must not good enough to consider challenge - or they would."

Wolf #609134 Wed 23/05/12 14:24 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Having visited the markets and other shops and vendors to find what he could afford, Mikal gathered as much rope and pots of lard as possible, as well as more bolts, arrows, and throwing knives. He rummaged thru his companions gear, avoiding personal items but taking whatever rope he could find to add to what he had bought. He also took some blankets to possibly hang on the ropes to add to the entanglement of any lizards who tried to push thu that area.

He considered that it was good he'd visited the swordpriest earlier and gotten all his Jvrillian spells refreshed as time was precious now with little to waste.

As he walks thru town he passes comments to whichever mercenaries he sees that he has heard something will be coming out of the woods in the next day or two or three. He knows this might be seen as just another rumour, but he tries to make himself seem as cerain as he can. If he sees Shattersword he tells him as well, mentioning an Avatar of an Eastern God and his minions.

As even the rental of a cart for the day was astronomically out of his price, he quickly gathers up Talia and the other mounts of the group and with Kadri's help he loads all the gear onto their withers then checking to see if Kadri has anything else she needs to do in town he heads back to the ruins.

Last edited by Zeim; Wed 23/05/12 14:26 UTC.
Zeim #609166 Wed 23/05/12 16:03 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri, after a brief pause, shakes her head and heads back with Mikal.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia nodded and closed her eyes for a moment. With forearms resting on her knees, she tapped her fingers together.

"It's a little daunting to think of an Initiate and her merry band of misfits going up against someone like the one two full Priestesses struggled to defeat. The only Priestess in our group is dedicated solely to healing," she said quietly. The younger Dayalan smiled as she opened her eyes to look up at her elder. "But we will do what we must... because we must, nyeh? If I were still prone to the great flights of fancy I entertained before becoming an Initiate, I would wish you could teach me all you know, every bit of it... some of which I'm sure has been lost since the end of the Second Age." She chuckled. "I will be satisfied with having my spells renewed, and happy to learn anything you can teach in the short time we have." She gave the Priestess a long, measured look before turning to Romana.

"So the first will be the hardest," she said, nodding. "It is what I would expect.

"Do you have any idea how many of them there are? Have His followers simply been hiding in the Forest of Roth for 350 years, or have they been been coming over the Mountains to join their fellows? Or perhaps both?"

Daxia regarded Romana for a long moment, a look of sadness and compassion on her features.

"I am sorry to have to ask so much from you, Romanaska, knowing that -- for you -- it is a betrayal of your people." She took a deep breath. "Yes, Dayalans and the followers of the Eastern Gods have been at odds since She first rose... daylna, da? And Dazidazidazi understands why. But Dazidazidazi says Romana is Romana is Romana... and is Dazidazidazi's friend. And Dazidazidazi does not want to hurt Romana's heart."

Kel #609187 Wed 23/05/12 17:53 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She made her way back through the crevice, having traversed it thrice already the path had become familiar and more easily traveled. From there there stairs were climbed, corridors crossed and a return to the chapel was made.

Her footfalls made no sound as a matter of normal occurrence, and so she softly spake as she arrived, "Hunter be here."

She wove her way through the columns at the front of the room, remembering Cesare's words regarding the plans and inspecting the area about.

ividia #609311 Thu 24/05/12 00:33 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

Celi had dutifully followed, expecting at any minute some guiodance from the Hunter as to how she and Stormrunner might be deployed within the temple to best serve the defense.

And of course, Derian said nothing whatsoever, either en route or thereafter.

Celi had also suggested trapping the lizards using directional blockages and pikes. She got sneered into silence for her insolence.

And when she attempted to cheer up the other covener with a ritual dance, she was derided for her wayward manner.

In general, Celi was not having a very good day.

What shall we do, Stormrunner? I am open to suggestion. Do you want to stay outside and just find a place to avoid the lizards altogether? The alternative seems to be to come inside and fight with a group who doesn't care very much for me. They may well like you; I cannot tell. I must warn you that the fighting ground inside is *not* propitious for your methods. In my opinion, you electing to come inside would be about as smart as a rabbit opting to attack a softpad across open prairie.

There was a momentary hesitation, then Celi added, I have given my word. I will stay and fight. Think no less of me for it, my companion. Something in my heart tells me I must do this, on my honor.

#609590 Thu 24/05/12 23:39 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

In the West Chapel

"Kl-tack ... kl-tack."

Romana imitated the sound of a pebble skipping down a hill.

"Sometimes, when anything can happens, so many things crash together it is like a wave, and you either learn to ride the wave like a bucking horsie no matter where it takes you ...

" ... or you drown."

The foreigner offered Daxia a worlorn smile.

"The only way out leads through He Who isn't Named, and Romanas wants to live."

She then looked down to the cold floor.

"Romanas not know. Enough to not dies out, enough to not eat itself in a frenzy of carnage, enough to hold a castle and the woods for so long. Enough to keep every ones else out of woods ...

" .. enoughs to do all that and still also poke pointed sticks at Bordertown."

Wolf #609601 Thu 24/05/12 23:54 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the The Gang minus Mikal and Kadri, plus Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

Daxia nodded... with resignation, with acceptance, with weariness... it was hard to know, but she managed a smile for her friend. "Dazidazidazi wants to live, too... wants us all to live." She sighed.

"So... quite a lot.

"Again, not wholly unexpected."

She paused, folding one arm over the other and laying them across her knees, then resting her chin on the upper arm.

"The only other thing I wonder about, for the moment anyway, is...

"Are all the followers of He Who Is Not Named equally worthy to be an Avatar? Or is it possible that many of the 'quite a lot' are unfit for such a role?"

Kel #609758 Fri 25/05/12 15:49 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

In the West Chapel

"Dazidazidazi no understand ...

"Must think ...must think ... like god of hurting things, of blood, of destruction."

The young woman swallowed, teeth caught upon her lower lip.

"Who knows ... and The Red God no cares. Not worthy ... spectacularrationalist ... so much blood when splattered. If better, new Red Scarf has. If not better, that good too.

"For him.

"Romana thinks eechy.

"And stupid.

"Eventually run out of worthienesses."

Wolf #609763 Fri 25/05/12 16:39 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the The Gang minus Mikal and Kadri, plus Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

"No, Dazidazidazi understands. Dazidazidazi just hoped He of the Red Scarf was more selective."

She shifted to rest her forehead on her arm for a moment or two, taking a deep breath before looking up again. Her gaze fell on the Hunter across the room.

"Darian," she said, nodding to a relatively clean spot on the floor near her. "Come tell of scouting."

Kel #609801 Fri 25/05/12 20:31 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

With a last contemplating glance at the chains and shackles, Darian turned and flowed across the room. She settled by Daxia, dropping down to perch on her heels.

"All rooms like this room. Be only those."

She pointed to the instruments of imprisonment and torture.

"Below, find many beast ways. Only lizards use. One way Hunter fit. Hunter follow. Find outside...

She points ahead of her.

"... straight trail, Roth."

Then to the left.

"Bordertown wall."

And to right.

"High Tarn, can go round, easy walk but long, take half day, more."

Her amber eyes come up to meet Dazi's blue ones.

"Cesare say what plan. No see Mikal, Kadri. Darian think go up, gather deadwood, lower down. Add deadwood to tangle. If enough, add deadwood stairs."

Darian's head turned and she gazed at the nearest carcass.

"Add dead beast fat and sweetmeats stairs."

ividia #609821 Fri 25/05/12 23:07 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She listened, nodding as she briefly glanced in each direction the Hunter indicated -- east, north, south.

"Yah, deadwood good idea," Daxia agreed. She, too, looked at the nearest beast... the one she'd gutted. Then she looked around the chapel, noting that the remains of the women's bodies had simply... faded away at some point.

"Take beast, all, leave part not used outside chapel. Dazi help." She grinned. "Dazi help move. Dazi not Hunter." She looked at the dried blood and clotted gore on her clothing and picked another bit of what she sincerely hoped was Beast innard out of her hair. "Dazi have enough lizard insides, ok?

"Want help gather deadwood? Cesare nap, Squire pray. Hmmm, Bekkah go, then Squire go. Prayer good; have all Gods help. Better Squire pray, yah? Dazi rest, wait for Mikal, Kadri.

"But Celi go, if Hunter want."

Kel #609824 Fri 25/05/12 23:13 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Beast big. Cut first. Make lighter. Then move."

"More hands better. One gather, one lower down well, one catch. Can no pray and work?"

"Mayhap,"

She points to the corridors.

"...make fire, melt beast fat too."

ividia #609835 Sat 26/05/12 00:16 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia shrugged. "Dayalan pray and work. Sometime just pray. Sometime work same as pray, yah?" She glanced at the Squire in the corner near her sister. "Maybe Rames followers not?

"Hunter, Celi go up. Dazi catch. Mikal, Kadri come... all help catch, yah?"

She rose gracefully from the floor, and walked over to the window.

"Dazi follow," she said to Darian. "Need know if Dazi see Her Children when beast come."

She turned to inspect the narrow opening, gauging how much of the sky could be seen.

[OOC: I'm on vacation and can't kick Mokie in the shins, so we'll just let him quietly pray until he pipes up and decides to help move lizards (big, strong lad like that ought to be able to drag off a lizard without cutting it all to pieces). Or I get back to the office for shin-kicking. weg ]

Kel #609848 Sat 26/05/12 00:36 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

The Hunter rose also in a single graceful motion and offered a nod of her head. From her pack she brought out her oil skin tarp. That she took with her cloak and her bow and quiver.

"Celi, come. Celi, Darian go up. Get wood."

With that she strode towards the well and the waiting ropes.

Page 26 of 57 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Pit Friend
Pit Friend
Midland, MI USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,841
Posts140,722
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy