Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Miales, Argus), 14 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 57 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 56 57
Wolf #592812 Thu 05/04/12 15:02 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
To: Cast and Crew

We apologize for the delay in shooting, but take five while we redress the sets.

By the way, any one know a good exorcist?

This hack by the name of Lemony Snickett seems to have possessed the Director ...

Wolf #592815 Thu 05/04/12 15:10 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Cousin Corky arrives, pulls out zat'nik'tel, shoots Stage Manager. Three times. All of Daxia's cousins cheer!

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #592817 Thu 05/04/12 15:11 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Cousin Corky then exorcises the Director in the same way.

There was much rejoicing.

Kel #592823 Thu 05/04/12 15:27 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Kel borrows zat'nik'tel from Corky, shoots Wolf. Three times.

Collects insurance. Moves to Arizona.

Momentarily feels sad about not playing Daxia anymore, but hey... Arizona! Woot!

Kel #592824 Thu 05/04/12 15:29 UTC
Like I keep saying. Poor Wolf sad

Nivek #592825 Thu 05/04/12 15:33 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Wolf who? I know not of this person of whom you speak.

Kel #592971 Thu 05/04/12 21:10 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Romana, Darian, Longtooth and Cesare on the path away from the Ruins

Daxia looked at Longtooth for a moment, then stood. "Very polite, thank you, Longtooth. Not helpful, but polite."

She looked back towards her sister. "Danger, danger, danger," she said softly. "Chaos Riders from Roth, the Dirkwood itself devouring any who are foolish enough to venture too close. But here?" Narrowing her eyes, she turned her attention to the tainted well.

"Here? An elderly Lady of Attera and an Eye of Hastur who, if Lady Kay's comments are in any way accurate, is slightly scatter-brained and cares for nothing beyond his work.

"A tainted well, that has been so since the end of the Second Age. Though a holocaust occurred here then, does that mean danger for today? If so, how and why? Some questions are meant to be savored; these, I fear, are not and should be answered quickly."

She shook her head, clearly frustrated. "I could leave Bordertown at first light, travel south until I reached the Satin River, then follow it until I came to the Highgaard Path near Lilia's Castle. Tiger would be well underway, and Snowgate Pass open once again by the time I reached it. My season outside the Vale will have been completed, and I would no longer be plagued with mysteries and riddles that make no sense."

Kicking a small divot of dirt with the toe of her boot, she continued, "Ah, but then what of Dazi's friends? Dazi would miss her friends, yes. Friends Darian and Longtooth would not find a new Pack in the Vale. Friend Kadri would not hold still long enough to see the beauty of each season there. And friend Romana..." Daxia sighed, looking and the hooded young woman. "Dazi's Temple-Sisters would not likely care much for friend Romana, and even Dazi's best and dearest of all friends might find friend Romana..." She shrugged. "Allaines are Dayalans, whether they serve the Temple or are merely lay members. And then there is the displeasure of Lord Kisa to face, as well as the disappointment of Verchovai Gillyflower and Dandelion."

Daxia looked at the well again. "So. There is no going home yet. So. Dazi must accept that danger, danger, danger, mysteries and riddles are following her across the High Tarn. Bah!"

She turned to regard Romana, her face clearing, frustration fading... albeit, not completely, though a slow smile comes to her face. "Romana! Shall we see if Lady Kay has muffles for lunch?" Then gesturing for Darian and Cesare to follow, she said, "Danger easier faced when belly not rumbling, yes? Come, come!"

She led the way back up the path to the ruins, and across the space to Lady Kay's cottage... glancing only once over her shoulder towards the northwest. "Romanaska? The man Darian spoke of... have you ever heard of this thing? Ability to sense danger?" she asked. "Would be a good skill to have; but I don't think I've ever heard anyone speak of such a thing. Have you?"

Kel #593042 Fri 06/04/12 01:30 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Rameday, The Twenty-First Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Out at the Well

"Ruff ..."

Longtooth seemed to enjoy the rubbing, but there is no further answer to Daxia's question. However, that is not the most unexpected answer, as the hunter's prey, per se, was back in the town ... and while one could look down upon te town from the top of the ruins, it was a fair distance away as the dartling flies ... and farther as the ruff walks.

Romana, however, is a bit more useful.

She slowly turns, falling into place behind Daxia, shrugging her cloak about her.

It is cold, and there is sharp breeze slicing across the top of the tarn.

"Roamans would be as welcome in Dawnview castle, as Dazidazidazi the Highest Towers of Kh'lhy'ra upon the sea. Perhaps ... perhaps later. Not safe also. If Romanas still chased, not best things to draw attention there. Then when things bad becomes ; they becomes very very ver bad."

She did take a breath take a breath, looking at Daxia's back as they walked to the house.

"Dazidazidazidazi can, yes?

"And pretty Windows ... they can see such things. it isnot something learned, something that comes from insides.

"As for others?"

Romana just tilted her head.

"Heard stories only.

"Of those who strong enough, sharp enoughs, can feel weight of magic on world ... like when add oils to waters; oils sits on top weighing down. But rare ... rare as Dazidazidazi, as rare as Windows."

When they reached the House, they found Lady Kay there already waiting, with a bottle of wine and a big picnic basket. The gingam cover reached almost to the handle.

"Here you go. He's up there ... somewhere.

"There's enough bread and cheese for you, and some cinnamon pastries. Don't let Lord Random eat them all. He will if you don't keep an eye on him."

Last edited by Wolf; Fri 06/04/12 01:47 UTC.
Wolf #593073 Fri 06/04/12 02:21 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang minus Mikal, but plus Lady Kay at Lady Kay's Quaint Cottage

"Oh, yes, Dazi-Dazi would like best and dearest friend to meet newest and so-very-interesting friend, but most definitely not the best idea now. But... perhaps... someday." Daxia looked confused, though, by Romana's assertion that she herself could sense danger. She shook her head.

"I see connections. I see... I say Paths, maybe you have a different word, yes? But I know if we do this thing, we go down this Path; we do that thing, we go down that Path." She hesitated a moment, then continued. "I only know this Path is good or that Path is bad because Lord Kisa showed me. I don't see very far, yes? And Paths are all twisty-turny; how Dazi see down twisty-turny Path, eh?" She shrugged and smiled at Romana. "Besides, when Romana and Dazi talk-talk-talk about maybe possible for Dayalan and Eastern Princess to not kill each other, when Dayalan say that Eastern Princess is friend..." Daxia heaved a great sigh. "All Paths get very messy, new ones pop up, olds ones go away. Very, very, very confusing.

"Maybe Dazi and Camelia can figure out better how we are supposed to work together. She says she needs to finish making her Deck first, though. So... Dazi just looks at messy Paths to see if any get less messy or more messy."

She paused again, considering Romana's words about those who can feel magic on the world.

"It does seem very... peculiar that very rare Dazi-Dazi-Dazi and very rare Camelia-Window and very rare Magic-Feeler are all right here in Bordertown all at the same time. Very big coincidence." She glanced at Romana as they reached Lady Kay's house, saying, "Dazi very much does not like very big coincidences."

As they entered the small cottage and Lady Kay handed her the basket and bottle of of wine, she said, "Thank you, Lady. I will make very certain he does not eat all the cinnamon pastries, and he will likely be trying to make very certain I do not eat all the cinnamon pastries." She smiled and turned to introduce the elderly Lady of Attera to the new arrivals. "Lady, these are more of our comrades. Cesare... Darian... and Longtooth," she said, nodding to each in turn. "Longtooth is very fond of scritches," she said as an aside before heading up the stairs to hunt down Lord Random, Eye of Hastur.

Kel #593292 Fri 06/04/12 17:01 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He has nothimg really to add to the conversation except perhaps an amused smile as Romana continues her unique way of trying to explain things. He feels a closeness with her now, they have a shared tie back in the past and he still has to figure out what this means to him.

So preoccupied with his own thoughts, he has a look around, just to see what there might be of interest up here.

When introduced to Lady Kay, he nods politely.

Gypsy #593356 Fri 06/04/12 19:55 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

Celi stuck to her plan and to Kadri with equal determination. She was still awaiting her consult with Bekkah, which had some appeal. Things were working, it seemed; she had neither annoyed nor insulted anyone for ... well, i seemed like forever.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Fri 06/04/12 19:57 UTC.
#593392 Fri 06/04/12 22:01 UTC
Bekkah

She had waited patiently for them to finish, then she stepped up to Celi.

"Walk with me child?" she said to the girl with just the slightest hint of a smile as she led her away from the others.

Nivek #593422 Sat 07/04/12 00:15 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

Celi did a double take, then looked suspiciously into Bekkah's eyes. Was she being teased or tormented? Whatever she saw thee was worth a sheepish grin; she followed along, resisting the temptation to make some sort of sarcastic crack.

Maybe she *was* learning, after all.

#593432 Sat 07/04/12 00:55 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Dazi?" the hunter asked after the red headed knight.

"Dazi be safe? Cesare and Darian go Inn, aye?"

ividia #593448 Sat 07/04/12 01:19 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Turning when Darian spoke her name, Daxia grinned in response to her question. "Dazi be safe, yah. Darian, Cesare enjoy time together, ok?"

Kel #593458 Sat 07/04/12 01:41 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Shortly after, Kadri rejoins Daxia, after handing off Celi to Bekkah.

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

The warning given, Darian offers her hand to Cesare and asks none too subtly, "Go Inn?"

ividia #593521 Sat 07/04/12 10:37 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

His wide smile says it all.

Jumping forward, one hand still in Darians, he cuffs Longtooth playfully, dancing around him in a mock fight, something both are very familiar with now.

"See you all at the inn tonight."

He calls back over his shoulder as they head off. At times like this it is easy to see the boy in the man.

Gypsy #593538 Sat 07/04/12 13:31 UTC
Bekkah

While Bekkah still considered herself young and not in the slightest motherly, she was older than the rest of the group and she was an Atteran Priestess and she had probably traveled more than most of them. It was that last part that had helped her grow more than the simple passage of time.

They moved off away from the others. Bekkah found a large rock that looked back towards the town and she sat down, patting the rock beside her.

"Come sit down dear."

When Celi did, she looked back at the town, letting the sun hit her face for a few moments. Finally she spoke.

"I could not resist calling you child. Forgive me. Even us Atterans are allowed moments of mirth, are we not?" she asked rhetorically.

"I think you've probably heard, I've been traveling amongst the people of the lands for the last 5 years. The real people. Not nobles, not priestesses, knights and ladies, but the common people. People so rich in life that they'd make all the others feel truly poor in comparison. I suspect your Gram was just like many of the elderly I'd met. I do not view calling one younger than oneself child an insult. But some and my sister is probably amongst that group as are probably most nobles sensitive to every word uttered. And titles are the most important of those words. To you and me, titles mean nothing. I cringe when someone calls me Lady Bekkah, I am simply Bekkah and much prefer that."

"So unfortunately, you and I must play their games. You more than I because under the rules of their own games, I am to be respected even though I have done nothing to deserve it. They respect my Goddess and do not even truly see me. So in your case, what do you think they see when they know your background?"

Nivek #593657 Sat 07/04/12 20:47 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

"I ha' ne'er been schooled in the detail of Heartwood History," Celi said. "So I thought they would see a country lass, with no education and no family, little familiarity with the ways of city folk, but some useful competency with most livestock and a decent command of herbal lore.

"INstead, I encounter fear and loathing in every corner, save from thee and Kadri... and a little acceptance, from Mikal, who has met my soul brother Stormrunner. It is my belief that they freely attach the evils of my predecessors to me, and in that wise hold me accountable for the damage done the Heartwood. Even if they pay lip service to treating me as a unique individual, they are quick to insist that, should I tell anyone else of my birthright, they would happily throw me under the wagon rather than speak out.

"Not that I blame them for thinking of themselves first, but my Gram did not teach me to be that way. If you become a friend, you should loyal to that friend. Give me advice, please; I am hungry to learn how I should behave. I was always taught not to become someone's friend, if you simply cannot stand up for them when they need you. Do not let them believe they can rely on you if things get dicy."

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Sat 07/04/12 20:52 UTC.
#593662 Sat 07/04/12 21:32 UTC
Bekkah

"I think it sounds like you understand better than you're willing to admit Celi."

"What you say is exactly what I described. There is you and there is the Coven. Can you separate the two? If you need to show the power of the Coven, then you will die and you will bring down the rest of us with you. But if you are Celi first and only show what you can do when it is needed, then you will be successful. Others will get to know Celi first. They will know the real you and they will accept you, like I have. In many ways, I envy you Celi."

#593671 Sat 07/04/12 22:22 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown

The Last House on Lonely Street

"I hear they saw that Master Hythainian up on the battlements ..."

"... cor, I don't believe that, I hear tell e's twenty fullhands of seasons old and is all withered like a grape thats been in the sun too long, couldn't take a step even if'n he wanted to do at that ..."

" ... blimey, Lissy, everyone knows he's a lil' misshapen'ed mole of a man, so nearsighted Her light blinds him if'n he steps from the manor ...

" ... bah, I heard tell from one of the House Guard that there ain't no Master of that house. He died years ago and they just get a young kid inna cloak to stand in at the Guild meetings ..."

"You idjot, if'n he's dead how can he have been seen up on the wall?

"As I said, they get this bloke inna cloak and all ..."

As Mikal passed by the Dragonstooth, the conversation at the well was definitely a buzzing, dancing this way and that like a merebeast on the trail of a coney. And not just one, many of them and not being able to decide which one to follow past a few heartbeats. The goodwives gathered at the well, preparing for their evening's meal as the sellsword walked past. Of his companions there had been no word or sign; no call of the guard or one of the militias, no fires, natural disasters or stampede of horses.

In fact the only oddity was the tall, wizened white haired man who simply listened to the town's gossip, sitting on a small barrel at the center square. And all he did was listen, besides, of course, noticing a strangers passage across the square down Lonely Street. But that was all he did; he didn't stir and he certainly didn't follow.

Which left only the return of his battle salvaged sword.

Lady Kay was waiting for him; or at least she had the sword beside her when he returned. Waiting for him may also had been a misnomer. She sat on the front step of her house, all comfortable and relaxed, a brightness against the cool grays of the storm season. She had a tall pewter carafe next to her, which she occasionally added to her goblet; the drink looked smooth and was a nice shade of pale green. She shared it with her opposite. He was was a tall, sturdily built man, of a grim demeanor. He was dressed formally, in blacks trimmed in red, a dark, almost brownish kind of crimson. He had his own goblet, only watching curiously as Mikal walked up.

"Good afternoon!"

Lady Kay's soft voice brightly greeted Mikal, as she rested against her door frame.

She reached over, setting the scabbarded blade in her lap before offering it to Mikal with both hands.

"Alls quiet now, those trapped now free, those hurt now saved ... they dance; they have their peace, which is the best anyone can hope for."

Wolf #593672 Sat 07/04/12 22:38 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown

Back to the Inn

By the time Darian, Cesare and Longtooth get back to the Dragonstooth it is definitely close to dinnertime. And appropriately there are more and more folks bustling on the streets the closer they get to their inn.

In fact, their seems to be a crowd of sorts at the entrance to the Dragonstooth's center court.

" ... and ah'm telling yooz, yooz can't be denying, they are close, they will come and kill your wimmen and do unmentionable things to your'n cattle ..."

In fact there is a circle of folks at the portcullis, the kind one might find around a street performer.

" ... or is it kill your cattle and do the unmentionables to your'n ..."

Or a brawl, or someone passed out on the street.

" ... I tell you I can SMELL them' ah can ... and they's ... CLOSE."

He was a shortish heavy set man, of sturdy build and a definite martial swagger. He was bearded and there were already streaks of gray in his unkempt mane. Long tangled hair matched his whiskers. He wore amor; a rarity in te town; a battered hauberk of chain, but his greaves and vambraces were of steel. One hand held a large stein of beer ... it sloshed and splashed between his drinks as the motions of his arms accented his words.

His other hand, what it held it was telltale.

He carried a heavy black metal double bladed axe.

His face was streaked with what looked to be ceremonial paint.

Which was blue.

In a town of New Jvrillians to find one such as him should not be too unexpected.

An Old Jvrillian warrior.

The scary thing about this stranger, however ..

... is that he seemed to be an old Old Jvrillian.

Wolf #593673 Sat 07/04/12 23:14 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He walks casually down the streets, returning for his weapon. He smiles at the gossip near the well, the normalcy of it a balm after the oddness in Craigside. He lifts an eyebrow as he hears mention of the Master Hythainian. He'd heard of the man the prior times he'd been here, but never seen him.

Turning the last corner he approaches the house, seeing the Executioner now with the Priestess. At her comments, and when she offers the sword, he reaches out hesitantly for it's hilt. The last time he touched it it was something like sticking his hand into a hornet's nest embedded in a snowbank. He pauses a moment, then grasps the hilt with one hand and takes the sheathed blade in the other.

"My thanks, Lady." He offers. "Might I offer you some recompense for your trouble?"

Zeim #593687 Sun 08/04/12 01:05 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
"I have never thought of myself as a full-fledged Covener. We share beliefs and witchery, but I have none of their broader aspirations. I do not wish to disperse humanity into the countryside, ban cities, or require everyone to live in a wolverine lair ... with the wolverines.

"What is it that they fear so much? We don't bring our soulmates into town, nor do we preach apostasy. A town-dweller could go their entire life and never see one of us."

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Sun 08/04/12 01:10 UTC.
Page 10 of 57 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Neptune
Neptune
New City,NY,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,465
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy