Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Miales, Xiang Chin, Art in the Blood), 4 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Gathering up what useful items, jewelry, and such, as have been found by the group, he puts them into the saddlebags of Talia and Fern. Then dusting off his hands he watches and nods as Cesare and Darian head off to find a campsite.

Turning to Daxia he says, "Where did you want to make this pyre?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with whomever is left in the glade

Mikal's voice called her attention away from the black-haired girl, and she looked around the glade. Finally, she pointed to the spot close to where she had slain the demon, just beyond the line where the mage's obscene wall had stood. "There," she said, "Kierkegaard and those who defended them only; these are the ones who stand with Allaine. Let the Easterners and the Montague rot." Then she nodded to the banner fluttering in the middle of the glade. "Dawnview will bear witness to the courage of our allies."

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
M
M
Dean

Dean is poking around the glade, looking for wood to burn in the pyre, but is watching and listening to Daxia. He doesn't understand much of her story, but, as he has learned in his past years as a student, if he pays attention now, someday he may be able to attach meaning to what she has said.

The effect that the black-haired girl's tale has on Dean is apparent on his face. Appearing appalled and unbelieving he pauses to listen. At no time in his young life has he ever even imagined anything so awful. No training as a Squire is necessary for a man to want to help this poor girl.

Returning to the task of collecting wood, he swallows hard and says out loud, not to anyone in particular, "I would go with this group, if they will have me."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He begins piling and stacking the gathered wood, asking Daxia if there is any prescribed pattern for it. Once that is accomplished, he gently moves the skeletons and lays them as gently as possible on the pyre.

When Dean makes his comment, he stands up and gives the man a look, as if trying to see thru him. He purposely avoids looking at some of the others, but just grunts, then glances curiously at Dazi.

If Dean looks at him as he helps with the pyre he nods towards Dazi. "Not for me to say, though", he grins, "I'd enjoy having another male in the group."

M
M
Dean

Dean has never been the quickest amongst the people of his village and much has happened in the last hour. He nods to Mikal and starts toward Daxia. It suddenly dawns on him that during introductions, she had named her sister. His head snaps around, he drops the wood he has been carrying and stares at the Priestess of Attera. Striding towards Bekkah he draws his sword and graps it with both hands by its blade.

Just before he gets to her, his head bowed low, Dean drops to his knees and proffers his sword up to her. He says reverently. "Lady Bekkah, I am your servant."

Last edited by Mokie; Wed 22/02/12 19:34 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang in the glade

She had handled the skeleton of Lord Danton herself, carrying it with the respect and reverence due a Noble, an ally of the Family she served. When she gently placed the remains on the pyre, she had whispered, "Rest peacefully with your God, my Lord."

Daxia turned to look at Dean when he asked to join the party, raising an eyebrow when Mikal glanced at her.

But when Dean seemed to suddenly remember Bekkah, she had to clap a hand over her mouth to keep from giggling. After a handful of heartbeats, she was able to say to her Second, "I don't believe we have any choice, Mikal. Where Dazi goes, Bekkah goes. And now where Bekkah goes, Dean goes."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He chuckles out loud at the scene. Even with his complete reverence for Priestesses of Attera, the number of times Bekkah has tried to get him to stop calling her 'Lady' comes immediately to mind. He shakes his head, still chuckling, thinking: **That's the end of that nonsense. If she tries to make me call her plain Bekkah again, I'll just point at Dean.**

Stretching from bending over, he sees Celi standing at the edge of the clearing and adds in her direction, "Celi? Might you start a small fire off to the side here so we can use it to light the pyre when we are ready?"

He expects she can do that faster than he can, and he's still moving remains around.

[Linked Image]
Bekkah

She had been silently watching the group. She knew that many 'warrior' types were often too proud to ask for healing when they needed it. Since she was relying on these people for her life, she wasn't going to let their fool pride get in the way of that so she watched each of them for the tell-tale signs. When they camped, she'd also examine the two who had been injured more thoroughly. She was going through an inventory of herbs she'd want in her head when the newcomer was before her, then he was on his knees.

She stood looking down at him, her mouth open in shock. He seemed so earnest, she could not squish such exuberance.

"No, you shall not be any servant of mine. I will hear no such talk. But I will accept you as my protector. These are dangerous times in dangerous lands. Will you accept such a role?"

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi jumped in without a word and helped collect fuel for the pyre, though she didn't grasp the reason for it. Death was part of life, and your flesh fed other life in death.

A couple of times she started to ask Mikal why they wasted so much time and effort in a meaningless ritual. But that would probably mark her as a Covener, and then Mikal would stab her through the heart and whiz on her dying head.

So she ducked her head and continued to work.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
off to the side of the glade

As promised, Daxia was keeping a close eye on Celi. She was helping, and truly being helpful, but appeared somewhat discomfitted. While attention was focused on Bekkah and Dean, she moved farther away from the group.

"Celi? A word, please?"

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi pushed her hair out of her face, and trotted after Daxia. When Dax stopped away from the others, she stopped as well, shoved her hands in the pockets of her trousers, and looked up into Daxia's eyes, a curious expression on her face.

"Yes, Daxia?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
off to the side of the glade

"You seem..." Daxia stooped to pick up a piece of kindling. "...perhaps 'uncomfortable' is not quite the right word," she said, looking at the branchlet as she turned it over and over in her hands, "but these proceedings seem to set you a bit out of sorts." She looked up from her hands to Celi's face, smiling. "Don't worry, I don't believe anyone else noticed. I have an annoying habit of observing people."

She raised an eyebrow, and asked, "What is bothering you?" After the stern words Daxia had given Celi as she sat with Stormrunner, the kindness in this question certainly showed a different side of the Dayalan.

Arssanguinus
Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
KAdri:

She looks over at Dean:

"Certainly I don't mind. . ."

And when the "My lady" bit started, she bit her tongue as well to keep from a giggle.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Almost Dusk on the Brementown Road
Hasday, The Twelfth Day of the Month of
Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Mikal, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Celi, Kadri, Dean, Camelia and Romana

It takes a while for the dark haired girl to answer; as she waches the funereal arrangements begun. And, uncharacteristically she is quiet throughout it, as if curious, and a if respectful - not perhaps understanding the nature of it, but certainly respectful to its importance.

Deans word's an look get a small smile back ...

Finally, however, she offers a single quiet word, with a nod to both Kadri and Daxia.

Though, oddly, she doesn't seem or look at all hungry.

" ... pancakes."

Arssanguinus
Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
Kadri looks at her for a second, her face screwed up in thought, then offers. . .

"You're welcome?"

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Almost Dusk on the Brementown Road
Hasday, The Twelfth Day of the Month of
Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Mikal, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Celi, Kadri, Dean, Camelia and Romana

Romana blinks and smiles bright.

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi ... off to the side of the glade

Celi turned widdershins a couple of times as if flattening the grass, then settled down in a crouch, studying Daxia carefully. It was a position at once relaxed and yet coiled for launch, like a predator in ambush. Finally she said, "I want to learn about other people, so that I can work and live among them without causing trouble. It's not that I plan to settle down immediately; but ... I need to learn whether I can even do such a thing. I have never had a friend. I hope to learn what it is to have and, and to be one, among people.

"I am also confused, by the tale you told about the peoples and events that transpired here. Mikal and the others seem to be ... well, at least familiar with the events, or at least the behaviors and emotions involved. They understood what you were saying."

She looked steadily into Daxia's eyes, and her own glistened. "I did not understand any of this. I am not stupid, but... who is the girl? Who were those men who sought to capture her, and why nwere they seeking her? Is there some historical connection to you, or your people? I know none of these things, and it makes me feel ... "

She shrugged. She didn't have words for how she felt.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He makes his way back to the clearing, pausing at the edge looking between Mikal and Daxia who both seem to be busy. He will give them a few moments but if necessary he'll interrupt or talk to someone else. He doesn't want to leave Darian on her own for long, just in case.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Celi off to the side of the glade

Daxia crouched at the far side of the glade with Celi; they appeared to be deep in conversation. But after only a handful of heartbeats, Daxia looked up and, noticing Cesare, motioned for him to speak with Mikal.

M
M
Dean

"Yes, yes Lady Bekkah, I was told by my Knight and mentor, Sir Kevin Magesbane, that I would find you."

"He told me...told me that I was to be your protector, your servant."

Dean starts to rise, then realizing she hasn't released him, drops back to his knees.

Then realizing what she had said, jumps to his feet and cries "Yes! Yes! Your protector! I shall be your protector!"

Arms extended exhuberantly, in his excitement, he makes to hug her in gratitude. And stops.

Horrified by his action, he again collapses to his knees, gathers himself, looks up gravely and says in a low fervent tone, "Yes, Kind One, I would be your protector."

Bekkah

It was a monumental effort of concentration and willpower, testing her as much as anything in her life to not giggle at the poor lad.

He was really handsome, probably 10 years younger than she was, but still handsome. Clearly this was his first time away from home. She had to get him to relax or he'd clearly do far more harm than good in trying to protect her.

She bent and placed both hands on his shoulders, pulling him up. She wasn't sure why she did it, but she kissed him on the cheek.

"Please relax. I'm just a regular person. Just a woman who happens to have the favor of Lady Attera. In public, treat me as a priestess should be treated, but amongst our group here, I'm Bekkah, not even Lady Bekkah."

"Okay?"

"Now, tell me your name, for I will not call you Squire all your days. And I do not know a Sir Magesbane, tell me how it is that he knows my name?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He catches Daxia's signal but pauses for a moment to take in the scene with the new squire demeaning himself before Bekkah. He doesn't even try to smother his grin. However, work to do. He heads over to Mikal.

"Found a site for camp, some protection and on a rise to give sentries a view of the road. Wood & water close by. Darian is setting up. I need to go and help, not good that she is out on her own, but I need to show someone where we are as it doesn't look like you are finished here. If you can walk with me to the edge of the tree line I can give you the direction?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He looks up as Cesare comes closer, pausing from arranging one of the bodies atop the pyre. Seeing the grin on Cesare's face, and suspecting it's cause, he chuckles. "Let us hope our Lady Bekkah uses her newly found power to beguile and control men wisely, and for good causes."

Dusting off his hands, and taking up his weapons, he nods to Cesare's request and follows his lead.

M
M
Dean

Dean's hand strays toward his face wonderingly and he carefully says, "Yes, Lady Bekkah. But Knight Kevin did not tell me anything other than I would meet you and that I was to protect you and that you were a great Lady."

As if invoking the name of his leige reminds him of what it means to be a Squire, he reaches down for his discarded sword, sheathes it, and says in a cautious voice "I'm Dean."

Bekkah

"An incredibly wise man your knight. For I had no idea where I would be, especially given that I have been traveling for most of the last 5 years. I would like to meet him one day and learn the answer to this mystery."

"Well Dean, well met. And it is just Bekkah when we are just with our group. I know you have met my sister, Daxia, have you met everyone else? An unusual group we have, that is certain."

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,433
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy