Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 25 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#576158 Sat 14/01/12 19:39 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Early Morning, the Town of Cragside
Rameday The First Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Bekkah, Darian, Cesare, Camelia, Kadri and Longtooth and Elisa

The barmaids, Jake's family, were already clearing away the breakfast bowls by the time all had collected back into the commons hall of the Hart and Horse. All except Mikal and Celi; they had not been seen since yesterday afternoon on a fast cart bound westward.

Breakfast was simple; breads and a hot porridge spiced with cinnamon and chopped apples. The best part about it was that it was good, filling and hot against the cold night. The commons hall actually seemed quiet and calm, as if it were just any other morning in any other town.

"Are you sure miss? I mean if it's bad we can be taking it away and all ..."

Elisa sat quietly at one of the tables, looking down into her meal. She drew her cloak tight about her, barely picking at her meal. She was quiet and definitely groggy, as if still storm clouded by the events of the last two days.

"No, it's fine."

And perhaps that was the problem; it was a touch too quiet, a touch too calm.

The usual raucousness of a mercenary morning was subdued; perhaps even a touch professional. The townsfolks, they sat in
tight groups, their conversations guarded - even from the friendly members of the Horde and especially from strangers to the
town.

Even among the Horde themselves. Her morning tasks and worship completed, Dandelion Koromov leaned against the eastern hearth, slowly finishing her breakfast. The bowl held in one hand she was closeted in her own informal court. Barris was with her, as well as the young Deynnekko and Dunwich. The impromptu council was cloaked in very quiet words thou an occasional glance was made in the direction of Daxia, Darian and Cesare.

It was then that a clattering was heard outside, back in the small court and the stables. There was the stomp of hooves, a bit of pragmatic commotion ... ending when the back door opened and Mikal and Celi returned to join the rest.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Stepping into the inn he moves over towards the fireplace, warming his hands and driving the chill of the night outside from his bones. As he entered the inn he took a quick mental count, seeing the girl there as well, and the relief of seeing all present and seemingly hale is clear on his face.

He nods to the group, glancing at the gathering of the Horde principals with added interest.

"A good morning all." He says quietly. "Seems the goal was met", he adds, nodding to the girl.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"One way or another.."

He has a piece of bread in one hand as he smiles and nods to both Mikal and Celi.

"Glad you could both join us for breakfast."

He had been concerned about the two out on their own, sometimes one or two can stay safer, travel more quickly, not be seen but their role was to be seen. And when seen, there is more safety in numbers. He is relieved to see them both back relatively unscathed.

He sits down with his bread beside the girl.

"Even if your throat is knotted or your stomach in flutters, you must eat. Keeping your strength up is important."

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi followed Mikal, looking refreshed, rested and quietly confident, with a definite feline swagger. She had a soft word for Mikal, then stayed to the side out of his way.

#576214 Sun 15/01/12 00:48 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang and Elise in the Commons

Daxia looked up at Mikal and Celi's entrance from where she sat beside Bekkah. Her eyes were shadowed, as if she had not slept well; she simply nodded to them before returning to her breakfast, picking at it apathetically.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<ooc - placeholder I guess. waiting for response to a pm>

#576282 Sun 15/01/12 13:45 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri - Kadri walked over and, after a moment, sat down at Daxia's table, carrying two cups of hot Kavass. She places one in front of Daxia, then sits herself.

Online Content
Bekkah

The Lady of Attera looked much rested compared to last night. While she had spent a good amount of time catching up with Dazi, she had fallen into a deep, needed sleep, filled with mostly happy dreams of her baby sister.

She greeted the returning members with a smile, looking over at Elise.

"Yes, it went as well as could be expected. Our guest is still suffering a bit from being drugged. She should be as good as new by tomorrow. And the pair of you. No injuries, I assume?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia blinked several times at the cup of kavass, then picked it up and sipped carefully, testing the heat. Apparently finding it an acceptable temperature, she drank the entire cup before setting it back down. Looking up at Kadri with a ghost of a smile, she said, "Ta, very helpful. I hope." Her gaze then settled on Mikal; after waiting for his response to Bekkah, she said, "Come sit, Mikal. Have much to tell Dazi, yes?"

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:
With the Gang plus one in the commons;

"Yesterday, as always, is yesterday, Daxia. Today, we move on to today and tommorrow. Yesterday might chase you, but it can never catch up with you. You are always faster."

She says, quietly, then looks over at Mikal.

"Celi looks like a cat which has eaten the prized songbird - I take it there was success?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She nodded to Kadri. "Also help to sleep more than two or three candlemark, yah?" Daxia said. "Especially after busy day." She continued eating her porridge with a little more enthusiasm.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal - sitting with Daxia, Kadri, and Celi

He takes the proffered seat, pulling one out for Celi to join as well.

He nods at Daxia, glancing once more to the horde leaders, then turns back to Kadri and shrugs. "We made it out of town, drawing off about a fullhand of mounted foes. We evaded them long enough that by the time they discovered we did not carry any of the ore and headed back to town it was too late for them to interfere with your efforts."

He then adds very matter-of-factly to Daxia, in a report-type style, "The wagon and team are returned intact, without damage. All items borrowed to load into the crates as false ore are returned as well. One crate is fairly well demolished, the others are intact. I've brought back the pieces of the broken crate in case they can be salvaged."

He glances at Celi briefly, then back to Daxia, continuing, "I am pleased to report only one death among our pursuers, and that one was not a member of the Dark Mark."

Then, "The inn is being watched, and we saw several coffins being loaded on our way here. The watch has locked the city up tight. No one in or out. I presume from your efforts?"

Pausing a moment, he says to Daxia, "From your expression and mood I'd almost expected to not see the girl here."

He looks around again, then says quietly, "Daxia, we need to speak privately."

He turns back to Celi and shakes his head briefly, wanting to let her know it is not about her.

Last edited by Zeim; Sun 15/01/12 18:25 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She shrugged. "Two dead, one injured, fourth... heard scream when Darian arrow hit, don't know fate. Just tired, Mikal... not sleep enough after busy day."

Daxia regarded him for a handful of long heartbeats, sighed and shrugged, then picked up the bowl of porridge and spoon as she stood. "Please excuse, ok?" she said to Bekkah, Kadri and Celi. "Back soon."

She led Mikal out the door towards the stables.

#576379 Mon 16/01/12 02:11 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N

Celi

Celi had moved slightly, prepared to follow on a nod from Mikal. She'd had no intention of letting someone else call her off her partner; if Mikal wanted her out of the meeting, he would give her a signal.

Which he then did; she immediately relaxed, and turned her attention to the others, including the girl for whom this entire array of efforts had been constructed. SHe managed a small grin at the thought that occurred to her:

at least they had not been forced to tie her up to save her.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Mon 16/01/12 13:33 UTC. Reason: **earlier cross-post**
#576383 Mon 16/01/12 03:17 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Lia>

She'd been listening quietly, her eyes somewhat distant as she alternated spoonfuls of the porridge with bites of bread.

At some point between last night and this morning she'd done something to put a minor smudge of paint on one cheek and on her fingers. She looked over when Mikal and Celi came in and offered a small smile of welcome.

Her glance drifted over to her sister, but focused more on the recently rescued girl and the others in the group. A silent rise of her eyebrow was her only reaction to Mikal's comment and their assumed exit.

#576423 Mon 16/01/12 16:28 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

When Daxia and Mikal returned to the common room, the Dayalan looked more awake and certainly more cheerful. She set her empty bowl on the table and said to Bekkah with a smile, "Not let Nessa take. Dazi eat more, ok?" She then proceeded to the eastern hearth where the Horde's Captain stood with her men.

"Pardon interruption, Verchovai. Wish to reassure Quartermaster that horses in fine health, all belongings returned, though one crate fall apart." Daxia shook her head. "So sorry. Ask Jvrillian friend to repair, but he claim carpentry skills less than desirable for such task."

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
ooc HAH! Think of all the things we said when they were gone.... They must have been gone for a while

#576437 Mon 16/01/12 20:12 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[OOC: About a quarter candlemark, I think. And yet nothing was said. Your loss. grin ]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal - with Celi and Kadri

Returning to the inn with Daxia, he moves back to the table with Kadri and Celi he'd left a short time before. Sitting back down he looks for the nearest waitress and asks for anything hot they've got available for breakfast.

He smiles at Celi and Kadri. "Well, seems like we've poked a stick into the eye of an angry Coven Wolf."

He nods towards Kadri. "Saw a few coffins being readied at the inn across the way, I presume that's your work?" (Referring to the larger "your")

"In any case, we've got watchers on the inn now, and heard rumours somebody important had been killed."

He leans back and stretches, then asks Kadri casually, "So, you work with Dama Kelleni I've heard? Is she fairly rich? Does she own much in town?"

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 16/01/12 20:25 UTC.
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Daxia, Bekkah, Darian, Cesare, Camelia, Kadri and Longtooth and Elisa

Elisa just nodded, looking up a bit blurredly, and a bit suspiciously at being surrounded by mercenaries.

"Thank you ... thank you." She paused in her meal, "I think."

Dunwich looked up, tagging Rafe's side with his elbow as Daxia walked up and offered up her apologies and explanations.

"Cor ..." he quietly replied, "Cookie's going over his gear, and once he's done crying well figure out whats any more battered than its ever been. Horse and cart are fine; we got them walked and bedded down ... it's ...just .... it's not the wagon that ... "

The quartermaster just shook his head, leveling the Dayallan a wry gaze.

"Look ... we can understand wanting to distract folks from bouncing the cart ... but cor lass ... why'd you have to ..."

And that is when Captain Dandelion Koromov looked over her quartermaster's shoulder and crossed her arms.

" ... he's right, Daxia Temple-Sister.

"There are much safer ways to make a dramatic statement than putting an arrow through an Imperial.

"Especially a Veilikki."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

She looks at MIkal evenly.

". .yes I do, why do you ask? If you are planning any move which is against her, you will find me firmly your enemy."

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Lia>

With a faint expression of sympathy she smiled at Elisa, "A better place then where you had been, I'd hope."

The sounds of Daxia's conversation reached them and she growled softly, mostly under her breath, as she overheard Dandy's words. Looking at her fingers as if for the first time she idly picked at a flake of paint. "Interesting indeed, perhaps more problematic" she said quietly.

#576491 Mon 16/01/12 23:32 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Dandelion, Barris, Dunwich and Rafe in the Commons

Hands on hips, Daxia looked from the quartermaster to her Temple-sister several times. Finally, she simply said, "Huh!"

Then she regarded Dandelion for a long set of breaths, before saying quietly, "More interesting question... why Imperial Velikii standing in way of arrow meant for kidnapper, torturer, possible murderer?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He sighs with clear exasperation, glancing at Celi, towards Daxia, and then back to stare directly at Kadri. "Tell me, do I have the words 'thief and scoundrel' tattooed across my face? Why is it every question I ask is met with suspicion and accusation? Perhaps it says something about you that the first thing that comes to your mind when asked by someone who just risked his life in common cause with you is that he has some sort of ulterior, and nefarious motive for the most innocuous of questions."

He stands up, grabbing a loaf of bread off the table. "Pardon me." He says to the table at large. "I think I'll go check on Talia before I say something I might regret." He turns and walks back out the door he recently came in by, heading back to the stables.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Captain Dandelion Koromov

"That ...." Captain Koromov replied to Daxia, " ... is something my elder sister would say is a very good question."

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
J-J Vomact
J-J Vomact
Old Bridge, NJ, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,825
Posts140,429
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy