Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35
Nivek #572987 Mon 19/12/11 18:49 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
[ooc: Mikal should note that Celi did *not* take the seat offered, and did not move at all, save to answer Daxia's question and then after his oathgiving ritual, pulled into herself and looked ... abandoned.]

#573014 Mon 19/12/11 23:03 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with most of the Gang at the Inn

The extra coins on the table in front of Kadri earned her two raised eyebrows and a half smile from Daxia. "Ah... hoping 'bloodbath' not literal, just economic," she said to Bekkah. "Would prefer no more blood shed."

The redhead looked at Mikal and nodded. "Idea yesterday that put us all in same room with merchants... think not safe place to be, yes?" She addressed the remaining comments to the entire group. "But take idea of today, add to message idea of Lia and confusion idea of Kadri, maybe coming to better plan, yes?

"Need untrustworthy messangers, and create message for each merchant."

While waiting for the others to give their input, Daxia's eyes turned to Celi, who had grown more quiet, still, expressionless after the Dayalan and the Jvrillian had Sealed their Contract. Patting Bekkah's hand again, she stood and stepped over to the girl, crouched beside her and whispered in her ear.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Nivek #573016 Mon 19/12/11 23:35 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

She raises her eyebrow when looking at the . . five. . coins, but then puts on her best 'I meant to do that' look.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Lia

She focused her gaze on Kadri at the raising of the eyebrow and raised her own in silent inquiry.

She'd seen that look before on a cat who misjudged a leap and ended in the cream bowl and not near it.

Last edited by Raven; Tue 20/12/11 01:21 UTC.
#573034 Tue 20/12/11 01:39 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

Originally Posted by Raven
Lia

She focused her gaze on Kadri at the raising of the eyebrow and raised her own in silent inquiry.

She'd seen that look before on a cat who misjudged a leap and ended in the cream bowl and not near it.

She gave a little bit of a sly grin and a wink at Camellia and then a shrug.

"The notes are good, I think. Ideally, we have three things true. . ."

"We want them to think we are fooling them. We want them to think they have figured out exactly HOW we are fooling them. And we want them to be WRONG about that. If they think they have figured out what the trick is, it should reduce their incentive to look deeper."

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi engaged in a brief animated conversation with Daxia, and while doing so her expression ran the gamut from obvious embarrassment to almost comic relief. At the end of the whispers, Celi gave Daxia a convivial hug and a smile, and seemed to be back to her former -- if not outgoing, then at least cautiously relaxed self.

More to the point, she had returned her attention to Mikal, and seemed to be focused on his actions once again.

#573078 Tue 20/12/11 11:53 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia chuckled softly at Celi's last remark, then looked surprised at the hug. Rising, she gave the girl's shoulder a light squeeze, before returning to her seat beside Bekkah.

She regarded Kadri for a moment. "Understand fooling them, making them think they figure out." Then she shook her head. "But what is right way to fool them, and how make them think we fooling them another way?"

Kel #573083 Tue 20/12/11 13:23 UTC
Bekkah

She didn't have the faintest idea what she had gotten herself into. It didn't surprise her greatly that Dazi would be involved. She had said the girl would become legendary, it seemed it was to begin sooner rather than later. She didn't know about the others, but she was famished.

When she saw the serving girl pass by, she beckoned for her.

"Dear girl, would you have any stew available at this hour?"

She looked around at the others to see if they wanted anything. She assumed they had coin, for she knew she did not have enough for all of them.

Nivek #573088 Tue 20/12/11 14:52 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Lia

She shrugged at the interaction she witnesed and her face assumed the bland politeness of a courier. At Bekkah's comment she smiled briefly and shook her head to the Lady. "Perhaps later," was all she said in a quiet voice.

Then she refocused her attention on Kadri.

Nivek #573089 Tue 20/12/11 15:01 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

As the others begin to discuss how best to formulate the messages they want to send, he adds a comment regarding the bloodshed. "I fear it might be a bit too late to stop the shedding of blood. There were already two bodies of dead thieves that were carried into the Hospice just before the rest of you arrived. I suspect that is just the first wave of a potential flood."

He looks around the table, a raised eyebrow at Kadri's coin trick, then suggests, "Well, as I've already told Eli Marrennenn that he needs to stop the other groups from interfering if he wants me to get the key, perhaps the rest should send messages telling their contacts that I have already given the key to Eli? I'd think that will pit them all against him even more, especially if he's already started strong-arming them based on what I said to him."

When Bekkah asks for food, he points to the group and says to the server. "She's with us."

He then turns to Bekkah. "Seems our tab is being picked up by Camelia's sister, Dandelion. Might as well get use of it."

Zeim #573092 Tue 20/12/11 15:10 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Lia blinks in muted surprise at Mikal's comment, flushed a bit at his use of her full name, and sighs a bit. "I don't know what I um claimed lasts beyond the day or two, so I'd not go pushing it."

[ooc sorry for the fast post but I really don't have any idea and don't want us making assumptions.]

Last edited by Raven; Tue 20/12/11 15:11 UTC.
#573102 Tue 20/12/11 15:36 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He chuckles at Camelia's reply. "Captain Dandelion well knows you don't make an offer like that to a Mercenary and then expect restraint. Until the offer is rescinded, we might as well accept her hospitality. To do otherwise would be rude." He grins.

Zeim #573114 Tue 20/12/11 17:30 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Lia>

She shrugged and said quietly in response to the mercenary's comment, "As you say, I'm sure."

#573133 Tue 20/12/11 20:33 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia shook her head and smiled at the inquiry of food from Bekkah. Mikal's comment about two already-dead thieves, however, drew a slight frown and a sigh. "Two dead thieves maybe commonplace," she murmured. "A flood means Chaos." She rubbed the back of her neck, relieving some of the tension, as she watched the exchange between Lia and Mikal.

"So. Some messages we write, yes? Some messages we say, yes? Good." She stood and began making her way around her companions. "I fetch parchment and ink." As she was about to go through the door leading to the stables, she turned back and looked at Mikal. "Writing not always useless, yah?" she said with a wink before going through the door.

She returned not long after the server brought Bekkah her stew, carrying parchment, an inkpot, a pen... and a stack of folded parchments tied together with a ribbon. Those, she set beside Bekkah. The remaining materials she put on the table before sitting down.

"Messages say 'Key already given to Eli Marrennenn'?" she asked, looking around the group.

Kel #573138 Tue 20/12/11 20:57 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He smiles as Daxia's comment, saying briefly, "Yet note to what end writing is being put. One day, when out in the practice yard, we can talk about the difference between the spoken word and the written word."

Zeim #573149 Tue 20/12/11 22:41 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She waved a hand at him. "I know difference, Mikal. This..." she said, gesturing to the materials in front of her. "Pah. Lies and tricks, as should be. That?" Daxia pointed to Bekkah reading through the packet of letters she'd written over the past five years. "That keep two sisters close for sixteen years when Bekkah leave Vale." She gave him a crooked smile. "I think writing, reading most important skills for me to have? No. But glad to have them." She glaced at Bekkah again, and smiled. "Yah, I very glad, Mikal. Maybe we talk about philosophy in practice yard instead, ok?" she said with a grin.

She pulled a piece of parchment closer, and dipped the quill pen in the inkpot. "But now we play tricks," she said, and began writing out the first copy of the message.

Kel #573161 Tue 20/12/11 23:39 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

"Just don't put my name on it anywhere. I need to be able to deny I told anyone that I'd delivered it should it come to that."

Zeim #573163 Wed 21/12/11 00:00 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia shook her head and rolled her eyes. "No names; Daxia not cobble-block. Only name on paper is Eli Marrennenn."

Kel #573272 Wed 21/12/11 19:40 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi followed the plot-line with only a little difficulty: messages were going out to what they deemed to be the most likely instigators of the key search and the hijacking of critical raw metal ores.

The messages would point the various players at a single one of their number: Eli Marennenn. By tying up all their assets struggling with one another, it should leave the rest of this group free (or, *freer*) to seek out the girl and do what was needed to keep her and whatever the key guarded free from capture or coercion.

She was not all that sure of her role in these affairs, but she was committed to help Mikal to whatever limit she could manage. That would have to be enough, for now at least.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Wed 21/12/11 19:41 UTC.
#573278 Wed 21/12/11 19:51 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Once the notes are written he says, "So. We wait for Darian and Cesare to return, then see if we can rescue the girl?"

He looks for nods of agreement then turns back to Daxia.

"Yet the biggest question that is nagging at me is; What then? Say we have the girl, and the key, in hand. What next? I do not like to plan by reacting to the immediate situation. We need a long term strategy. That will help us drive our short term tactics."

"So, say we get the girl, and keep the key. What are we going to do with them? The girl can't hold it from anyone who wants it, so are we proposing to guard her, and it? Forever? The issue is the wagons of ore. The girl and the key are just paths to the ore. Remove the ore and the problem goes away."

"If we do not want the ore to fall into the hands of Montague and Korie, then who do we want it to fall into the hands of? Does Allaine want it back? Is there a third party who would take it that is safe to give it to? And how can we get it out of here without being attacked by the Dark Mark?" He glances meaningfully/suggestively at the Horde members lounging around, then back to Daxia with a lifted eyebrow.

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 22/12/11 00:25 UTC.
Zeim #573280 Wed 21/12/11 20:16 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian and Longtoothwith Cesare

The large ruff padded softly into the inn followed by his partner. He walked with her as she approached their new companions. On the way she stopped a server and order ale for both.

ividia #573282 Wed 21/12/11 21:35 UTC
Bekkah

"It appears you may not have to wait long." Bekkah said indicating the newest arrivals who were quite difficult to miss.

Nivek #573285 Wed 21/12/11 22:39 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Squire Conrad

"I believe that I can solve that problem Mikal. My father, as khorall of the Rock, would have an interest in the ore and would pay the girl a reasonable price. The troops would see to bringing the ore to the Rock."

KenSeg #573292 Thu 22/12/11 00:04 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

She tugs on Daxia's sleeve.

"THat boy - right there."

She points out the door at a boy leaning against a wall in the street.

Thats Arty Dickensson. He runs messages. He's also a bit loose with other people's pursestrings."

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Lia

She looks worriedly at Conrad and shakes her head slowly. "With all due respect, if he really has an interest in the ore all he had to do is take it Squire Conrad. He is a noble; she is not."

Lia sighs and gnaws on the corner of another nail, "She is alone in the world, with no male guardian. It would be well within his rights to take it and give her but a pittance if even that. I have seen this happen before. She has no protection. I ask you, no beg you, not to bring this to him. The best man in the world does not always fight against the force of tradition."

She turned her clear gaze on him and let her eyes do the rest of the pleading.

She then looked over at Darian, Cesare and Longtooth. "Maybe some answers," she added quietly.

Last edited by Raven; Thu 22/12/11 00:34 UTC.
Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,447
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy