Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 58 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 57 58
Wolf #901730 Wed 17/01/18 20:26 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Yes. The GM was apparently once again demonstrating his ability to imitate a person with early onset Alzheimer's and moved it because... well, early onset Alzheimer's?

I believe the biggest problem, the greatest confusion, came about when you posted in the old thread after the GM moved your character to the Tower. But you said you wanted to talk to Kassia, so we can pretend the GM never wrote anything about Dommi talking to Bekkah if we want. I'm not sure that the Heartwood universe is set up to have a person in two different places at the same time, but if you want to pretend Bekkah is both talking to Kassia on the stairs and up on tower with everyone else talking to Dommi...

<shrug>

That's cool. The more ways other people warp the Heartwood's reality, the easier it will be for me to build my Stargate there. weg

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Wolf #904294 Sun 28/01/18 21:25 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
OOC:

Not that anyone has asked, but no — you won’t be getting any posts from me this week... not for Keiko, not for Kassia. Why? Because:

1. Wolf*
  2. Victim Impact Statement to Judge Peter Lynch before the sentencing of the pustulant sack of diseased feces masquerading as a human (may he rot in the worst prison in New York State for the rest of his unnatural life, eventually dying from infections due to being shanked by an avenging Angel taking the form of a fellow inmate)
  3. A Thesis on the Languages of the Heartwood, Part I: Ancient and Eastern
  4. Work and doctors and dentists, oh my

* If Wolf does not know why he is at #1, then he is also reasons 5 through 15. If he does know why and uses the usual excuse, he will be the #1 reason each week why I won’t have a post until I get around to posting (which, if he knows the reason why, could be never). (Yes, that probably would count as my monthly “I quit” notice. Or was I up to weekly resignation notices before I took Daxia out of the game? Hmm. Probably.)

Anyway, no post. Kassia is NOT going up to the tower. Other than that, I don't have any particular reason to care about this game at the moment. Kinda busy trying to stave off a breakdown.

Carry on.

Wolf #906136 Sun 04/02/18 18:06 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
And we are finally Dawnview bound!

To get to this place I looked at all the previous posts and sifted them until I could put forth a post that best represented what could be gleaned from your previous discussions.

I paused at a decision point; there are interesting things along the Path and you should have the chance to say aye or nay about investigating them. Whether you do or not is completely your choice; there is no right or wrong and I have no vested interest if you do or not.

It's fine if you do and its just as fine if you don't smile

I also spoke with Kel about moving on without her posting in the Waverider's watch thread first.

Thanks muchly!

Wolf #906171 Sun 04/02/18 20:01 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Well, from my point of view, we can choose between:

A) ICE CREAM!!!

or

B) Put your hand in this meat grinder.

To Bordertown it is! (Okay, if the rest of you want to investigate the Grove, Keiko will wait for you right here. Like the Adventure Under the Docks, I won't do more than copy and paste the posts into Super OCD Woman's reference document. I know just how gruesome the GM can be and still maintain his PG-13 rating on the forum. And because the Story of the Grove itself is rated R or NC-17... well, have fun storming the castle, boys.)

<s>

Kel #906357 Mon 05/02/18 13:08 UTC
Would Bekkah have ever traveled either of these paths? And would she know about hallowed ground?

Wolf #906369 Mon 05/02/18 13:49 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
Bekkah would have not - most of her travels were along the Highland Path!

Wolf #906392 Mon 05/02/18 14:27 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
And I believe almost everyone would understand the concept of "hallowed ground." As an Imperial, wouldn't any of the churches or cathedrals be considered holy places, just as all wells are considered holy ground for Dayalans?

Kel #906530 Mon 05/02/18 18:39 UTC
I get that Kel, just not sure if Keiko has said that yet or if that's understood.

Wolf #906690 Tue 06/02/18 12:57 UTC
It is awesome to see how quickly we all posted to the new thread. a breath of new life and an eagerness for new adventure.

Maybe I am painting too rosy a picture with too broad a set of strokes... (LMS stuff for sure) But... It felt good to see everyone's reply on the thread before I got to it.

I am looking forward to discovering new things about the world and learning more about HWD- my character was tailor made for me in this regard... to learn as I go. A flowered Path, a story to be told... a mystery even? The dark and foreboding end of the trail to the left.... hmmm. Yes, Jim has a basic understanding of the story, but I want to hear it, read it, feel like I am living it.

The first adventure with Lyric was a lot of fun and had all the elements of great fantasy storytelling and excellent role-playing. I enjoyed it. Thank you one and all.

Let's keep going!

Wolf #906740 Tue 06/02/18 15:20 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
<grinds teeth and deletes comment>

The Story of the Grove... no. I've said all I'm going to say on the matter. Unless Lyric and Cesare (and possibly Bekkah) want to investigate on their own, what I said is what you'll get. I WILL NOT participate in another one of Wolf's Grand Tragedies again.

<deletes another comment>

Work... revised victim impact statement... BTS and/or FS and/or ALS then HWD.

(GM: Consider this your boot to the head reminder to re-read the Therapy Session and to stop sending me random and cryptic PMs that you then refuse to clarify.)

I'm going to work now.

Wolf #906745 Tue 06/02/18 15:29 UTC
Not sure who you are principally speaking to here. I have to assume it is me.

Let's be clear here- My character will go where the game takes her in this instance. But no where did i advocate for going into the Grove, which I can only presume is to the left. No other player has done this either.

telling us you are deleting comments means you want us to know you are frustrated. we already know this.

is keiko frustrated with us? my character does not believe so. Keiko promised to tell stories since talk of dawnview vale was beyond Lyric at the end of the last segment of the game and we have jumped forward in time.

My understanding is that we are taking an expediant path to bordertown, which I believe is to the right. I just want to play and learn about the Heartwood.

Have I done something wrong?

Wolf #906755 Tue 06/02/18 15:46 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Keiko is fine. Keiko will tell stories. Keiko just won't tell this story.

Keiko's player is reiterating that any story Lyric wishes to know about the Grove won't be found here, won't be told by me, and won't be told by the GM unless I'm not a party to the telling of the story.

Keiko's player is also making not so veiled threats to the GM to stop acting like he has dementia and to re-read the last screed I sent him on the topic of his dementia.

Keiko's player is reminding the other players that HWD is not her #1 priority. Or #2. Or even #3.

You haven't done anything wrong. It's mostly the GM. And life. And depression. But mostly the GM.

STOP SENDING ME RANDOM PMs THAT MAKE NO SENSE, MICHAEL!! I SWEAR TO CTHULHU I WILL WALK AWAY FROM HEARTWOOD AND PULL KEIKO INTO THE ALTERNATE UNIVERSE IN ALS IF YOU KEEP THIS UP!*

*This is no longer a warning. It is now a threat. I just want the other players to understand what kind of "special treatment" I get in Heartwood. I wish they could all have this same kind of "special treatment."

NOW I'm going to work to make a ridiculous spreadsheet that has no purpose but needs to be created because my boss wants me to make a spreadsheet of everyone's Go-Live tasks, despite the fact that everyone has their own checklist and I don't know what other people are doing and I'm going to pour a bucket of ice water on Jay today if he doesn't stop talking.

Frustration level: 15 out of 10.

Wolf #909137 Tue 13/02/18 19:46 UTC
i put my post up because i was running out of time at work and didn't want to lose these thoughts- it was mostly complete as it was... BUT, if anything needs to be changed or edited... please say so- I have no issues with adjusting any of it. It's just a post

Wolf #910493 Sun 18/02/18 15:46 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
my apologies folks ...

i had wanted to move further down the flowered path and towards bordertown.

i spent about a half hour just looking at what Tomomi said and finally accepted that that was indeed the right place to end the post for today.

Wolf #916760 Sat 17/03/18 18:06 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
folks ... i had a rough week writing wise last week - a massive specification binge, which makes coming home and writing more kind of bleah.

I was hoping to catch up today on my games and get HWD tomorrow as usual. so i woke up this morning and went ... omg ... i feel horrible. cold, woozy, headache-y and feeling all in all awful. so i said i can't do fun stuff like this ... went to take a nap and ... six hours later finally woke up.

i apologize if i can't get anything posted this weekend. my ancient bones are aching and it feels like i need lotsa water and rest under the covers kind of time.

Wolf #916845 Sun 18/03/18 11:14 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
You look after yourself, plenty of fluids, stay warm and REST! smile If it is what I had fight it early as it settles in. Hope you feel better soon. smile

Wolf #918058 Mon 26/03/18 00:53 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
So... the party followed the Flowered Path all the way to Bordertown instead of going up the Highland Path at MacMurphy's? (I am assuming that the GM is looking at the detailed map of the Heartwood.) That adds a few days to the journey, but sure, why not? Keiko would probably prefer to stay off the Highland Path anyway. (Okay, not really; it would just be smarter if she did.)

It's not the season for griffins, is it? (If so, there's another Dayalan the party might have run into. If not, said Dayalan might be in Bordertown. Of course, that would mean it's less likely for Dandy to be in Bordertown because, well, would she really want to inflict herself on two unicorns? Good grief, the complications of putting Dandy (and the part of the Horde not remaining at Brockman's) in town at Midwinters with two unicorns and her sister... golly, gosh, gee whiz, that could be fun!)

And FYI for Bekkah and Cesare, Dazi and Kisa have been waiting in Bordertown for y'all. Maybe I should work on the backfill for that part of the story. Maybe.

Wolf #918114 Mon 26/03/18 15:50 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Did we know that 'in character'? Certainly don't remember wink

Wolf #918115 Mon 26/03/18 16:10 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Our resident airhead and LMS would know in character. And Bekkah probably would have mentioned it to Cesare, although knowing Bekkah, maybe she'd want to surprise him? Guess we'll need to wait for March Madness to release its grip on Nivek to see what he has in mind.

But since y'all still need to get into town before you can find Dazi (if anyone other than Bekkah knows where she is) and March Madness ends... um, at some point soon, it probably isn't a big deal at the moment.

My questions for the GM have not been answered, so I'm going to have to pass on writing a post until I get clarification. I can make the assumption that we followed the Flowered Path all the way to Bordertown (because it kind of seems like that's what the GM was implying), but given the number of times I've been contradicted when making assumptions, it really isn't worth my time and effort to even start a post until until I know for sure. And the question about griffins is totally legit. I have PLENTY of other stuff to work on.

So to answer your question, Bekkah knows. Nivek will let us know if anyone else knows. smile

And don't you have an admirer to deal with anyway? grin

Wolf #918120 Mon 26/03/18 16:24 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
No, just an amusing sidekick.. at least as far as Cesare is concerned! wink And glad my memory is not failing entirely.. grin

Wolf #918124 Mon 26/03/18 16:37 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
<Spock-level arched eyebrow>

Cesare is going to be a potential target for SO much teasing! Good heavens, he's as clueless as Dazi was in the very first scene of the game! Hinata is totally sweet on him. Keiko is taking notes. wink

Wolf #918125 Mon 26/03/18 16:38 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
yup .. you followed the path all the way to Bordertown! the other answers later tonight.

Wolf #918152 Mon 26/03/18 21:05 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Oh, there are so many questions. (I just added more!) And because of the descriptions in your post (see our PM for All The Things That Have Pushed Kel's Buttons This Time), I am once more paralyzed to inaction. (And it's fine, really, because I'm editing stuff for my website, and that takes time, so... you know. Whenever you resolve this is fine. La la la, no one is in a hurry here, it's a relax-a-game. Nivek is still watching Sportsball.)

I will reiterate my biggest complaint, however: after having spent more than six months working on that detailed map, you don't get to ignore it. Especially since it's your map and I merely traced it and made it beautiful in Photoshop. But I put a significant amount of work into that thing, so you should pay attention to it. Thank you.

Wolf #918158 Tue 27/03/18 01:36 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
<grinds teeth hard enough to piss off the dentist... and give Kel a headache>

Quote:
They could see the Flowered Patch behind them, sweeping west the way they came. Ahead they saw a second path; this one of worn dirt and well used. A pair of carts were on that trail, heading west while a little further beyond a much larger caravan was moving in the other direction. Keiko knew that trail. So did Cesare and Bekkah. It was the Highland Path, the long merchant route that started in Talesan's village.

And there, below them, perhaps a half day away - just in time to get through the gates before evening, was Bordertown.

1. Let me point out that they have already crossed the Highland Path, at MacMurphy’s Tavern — given the way the Flowered Path meanders out into the plains east of Skaefla Plateau, I’d guess nearly three weeks ago.

2. If they are heading toward the origination point of the Flowered Path and are able to see the town itself, then they can also see all THREE roads that are leading into Bordertown: the Highland Path, the Road East, and the Greenlands Path.

Here. Have a picture. That dot by the number 9 is MacMurphy’s Tavern. (The textured bit in the corner is part of Skaefla Plateau, and the reds dots along there are the Horse Trail. You don’t need to care about that. Probably only Keiko would know the name of the Trail anyway.)

Ahead they saw three paths converging on the town: the Highland Path on the west, which they had crossed some three weeks past; the Road East on the north, coming from Brementown; and the Greenlands Path on the east, which led to the Forest Roth.

Also, based on experience from the previous outing in Bordertown, I would add the following note:

The party will need to leave the Flowered Path and go around the Temple and town walls to get to the Highland Path Gate. (I mention this only because Phoenix was not part of the group at the time and Nivek will certainly have forgotten and I don’t know if Gypsy remembers that the Temple Gate has been walled off. Completely.) Now, *I* know this out of character. It probably wouldn’t be a stretch for me to know this in character, as well, even though Keiko herself has never been to Bordertown. The Rhoni pass along that sort of information.

And the party would want to go to the Highland Path Gate because it’s the closest to them at the moment. (The last time Bekkah and Cesare were here, they entered through the Eastern Road Gate.)

FINE! And there’s a map of Bordertown in the Gallery, too. I would have added the Marrennen Market, too, except DL is having none of it.

HAVE ANOTHER PICTURE! (Link to full image)

Legend

A. Dragonstooth Inn (Marrennen)
B. Crossbows & Quarrels (Jvrillian)
C. Leatherworker (Marrennen)
D. Stable House (Marrennen)
E. Wine Shop (Hythanian)
F. Cobbler (Marrennen)
G. Wheel & Cartwright (Marrennen)
H. Smithy (Marrennen)
I. Coppersmith (Marrennen)
J. Horse Trader (Marrennen)
K. Cooper (Marrennen)
L. Butcher (Hythanian)
M. Mason (Marrennen)
N. Pottery (Marrennen)
O. Perfumes & Medicines (Hythanian)
P. Ale & Beer Wholesale (Hythanian)
Q. Sign Painter (Marrennen)
R. Vegetable Stand (Marrennen)
S. Breads & Pastries (Marrennen)

+ + + +

Merchants Who Live Outside Bordertown

1. Produce (Marrennen)
2. Tinker (Marrennen)
3. Farrier (Marrennen)
4. Daggers & Knives (Marrennen)
5. Rope & Nets (Marrennen)
6. Moneylender (Marrennen)
7. Coppersmith (Marrennen)
8. Potter (Marrennen)
9. Spices (Hythanian)
10. Horse Trader (Marrennen)
11. Cartwright [farmer carts] (Independent)
12. Candlemaker (Marrennen)
13. Wines & Ales (Hythanian)
14. Sharpener (Emeraldsson)
15. Tent Maker (Marrennen)
16. Mead & Beer (Marrennen)
17. Beer (Marrennen)
18. Confectionary (Hythanian)
19. Sausage & Meats (Hythanian)
20. Woodcarver (Marrennen)
21. Breads (Marrennen)
22. Ale & Stout (Marrennen)
23. Freight Shipper [local] (Marrennen)
24. Potter (Marrennen)
25. Cabinet Maker (Marrennen)
26. Pastries (Marrennen)
27. **EMPTY**
28. Critter Doctor (Independent)
29. Friend Shipper (Emeraldsson)
30. Hot Food & Ale (Marrennen)
31. Smoked Meat & Travel Rations (Hythanian)
32. Jewelry (Hythanian)
33. Fishmonger [creek fish & crawdads] (Independent)
34. Bakery & Pastries (Marrennen)
35. Chickens & Fowl (Independent)
36. Venison & Hare (Independent)
37. Silk & Cloth (Hythanian)
38. Cloth & Leather (Marrennen)
39. Fortune Teller (Rhoni)
40. Flour & Grain (Independent)

<stalks off to ignore HWD and destress with... maybe music, maybe BTS | FS | ALS, maybe Stargate Atlantis... anything that isn’t the GM’s job> <grumble>

On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It's a silly place.

Wolf #918251 Tue 27/03/18 18:10 UTC
Quick question- please don't hurt me too much...

why are the Eastern Gate and the Road East on the north side of the city? is there a historical story that explains this bit of strangeness of logical town planning?

Page 52 of 58 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 57 58

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Phoenix Prime
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,819
Posts140,203
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy