DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Gypsy Any Problems Post Here for 2024 - Fri 30/12/22 12:24 UTC
Members can post any questions to this topic. If you are having a problem logging in, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

Please note you may also start a new topic if you wish.. even if all you want to do is to say hello. We are a friendly bunch here and you will be assured of a welcoming reply grin
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Any Problems Post Here for 2024 - Sat 04/05/24 04:09 UTC
Did something change in the way the site rendered images about 1-2 weeks ago?

I've been posting images from the games I deal on Dropbox, which used to work (even despite recent changes) pretty well for updating the boards at Again and Rainbow.

Something changed about a week or so ago, and it seems browser/OS dependent. On my work machine (an older MacBook) using Chrome they render fine. On my home machine (a newer Apple Silicon MacBook) I get the "broken image" link with the alt text "[Linked Image from dropbox.com]". I also see the broken links on my iPhone.

I thought it was just me for a while but it seems at least a few others are seeing this as well.... mostly with the dropbox links which don't offer a traditional image.

This might be a Dropbox thing and not a DreamLyrics thing but I would like to at least ask the question "did you guys change anything in the last couple of weeks" related to image tags?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Any Problems Post Here for 2024 - Sat 04/05/24 08:58 UTC
Nope. Generally we try not to make changes as they make upgrading less compatible. Could be Apple or Dropbox?
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Any Problems Post Here for 2024 - Sat 04/05/24 16:04 UTC
OK, an hour of browsing and coffee-drinking debugged that it was in fact Dropbox changing something, and the fix is to change the leading "www" to "dl" to restore the previous behaviour.

All sorted!
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Any Problems Post Here for 2024 - Sun 05/05/24 14:31 UTC
Excellent! grin
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post