DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Neptune Bodies - Fri 27/10/23 12:47 UTC
I just watched the British limited series "Bodies". Wow.

To summarize, this is a time travel loop mystery that spans 4 different time periods: 1890, 1941, 2023 and 2051. Detectives in each of these times work to solve the same mystery.

Since it's a mystery, I won't delve into any details except to say that it had me riveted through all 8 episodes and the ending is very satisfying. All in all a 10 out of 10 for me.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Bodies - Fri 27/10/23 12:58 UTC
Just ordered it! grin
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Bodies - Fri 27/10/23 14:27 UTC
Well cool I will have to be on the lookout.

Thanks!
Posted By: nem Re: Bodies - Tue 09/01/24 12:31 UTC
I didn't get on with this one in the end. I thought four timelines was too many, it bogged down the pace. Clever idea but two maybe three timelines would've been a tauter story.
Posted By: LaBerge Re: Bodies - Tue 09/01/24 14:24 UTC
I actually didn't mind the four timelines, just thought the constant switching was a bit annoying.

Maybe it would have worked better if each timeline has its own dedicated episode (or two), then we get a more holistic picture with the time travel stuff.

What ended my interest (just in time I suppose) was the finale. I've done my own mental gymnastics to create a satisfying headcanon for how that worked but I can't see myself signing on for a Season 2 unfortunately (assuming there is one).
Posted By: nem Re: Bodies - Tue 09/01/24 19:16 UTC
I didn't get to the end, sadly. But I think you're right, LaBerge, it was the intercutting between four timelines rather than the totality of four timelines that narked me.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post