DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: MikeD Midsummer Murders - Sat 14/09/19 15:57 UTC
Has anyone else been watching this? I am about half way through the 20+ seasons.

The fact that I am still watching says something <g> There is a lot to like ... especially John Nettles' character - Detective Inspector Barnaby. Surprisingly, the 'assistants' (there have been two so far) have been 'above average' for that sort of role <g>

I just have one question for the Brits here. Are the 'rural' folk reasonably reflected in the show? I ask because I have seen shows set in the US that were not so 'reflective' of the people ... while others did a ... 'reasonable' job of portraying the people of their setting.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Midsummer Murders - Sat 14/09/19 16:01 UTC
That is a great series. I have watched all of it as well as the one with Helen Mirrin
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Midsummer Murders - Mon 16/09/19 15:08 UTC
Seen a few. And yes, in some ways it does reflect rural life though I would not live in a village with that many murders! grin
Posted By: MikeD Re: Midsummer Murders - Mon 16/09/19 16:09 UTC
Well, that was what I was thinking too <chuckle> But are there =really= that many 'wankers' in those villages? <gd&r lmao>
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Midsummer Murders - Mon 16/09/19 17:13 UTC
No not really. They have kind of concentrated lots in one place. smile
Posted By: MikeD Re: Midsummer Murders - Mon 16/09/19 18:08 UTC
Thanks. Just wanted to be sure. I see this a lot in American shows ... sometimes they 'warp' the locals ... other times they are relatively 'honest'. I guess it is mostly about the 'atmosphere' they are trying to create for the show. But not having any 'first hand contact' with the UK (other than friends here <wink>) I was just trying to put it in perspective. Like I said, I =do= like the show, but didn't wanna get the wrong idea based on the 'fictitious' setting of the show <g>
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post