DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Mina Pretty Little Liars - Sat 01/07/17 03:56 UTC
So... after seven years the town of Rosewood is (maybe) safe again. On June 27th the last episode aired... did anyone else enjoy this series, or was I the only one?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sat 01/07/17 12:37 UTC
Overall, I liked it well enough. It didn't 'knock me out', but there were plenty of things to like and just a few things that bugged me <g>
Posted By: Mina Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sat 01/07/17 14:59 UTC
Lol! So what did you like and what bugged you?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sat 01/07/17 17:56 UTC
First, there were times when the characters felt a bit 'over done' ... 'cartoonish'? And it kinda bugged me that, regardless of the 'premise', it seemed to be =all= about the 'tech' and less about the smarts of the people in the 'problem solving' side (compared to Bones for example).

But, overall I liked that it =was= a bit different ... not quite so 'cookie cutter', as it were ... and most episodes settled the 'issue' at hand. I have been watching some ... I think UK shows and they take several seasons to sort out one crime. 'Broadchurch' is the latest. I was into season 2 and they were still going on about the murder that happened in season 1 episode 1 :-/
Posted By: Mina Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sat 01/07/17 19:54 UTC
That was the nice thing about PLL, the piece of the puzzle, or the immediate threat, was dealt with rather swiftly, an episode or two, while leaving the main danger/perpetrator dangling.

I agree, though, a times it was definitely over the top, which was sometimes the fun part smile

I did really enjoy the fact that the bad guy wanted the main characters to suffer, but not take them out of the game, it was more fun playing with them, and at times actually moved to protect them from lasting harm... again to keep them as dolls to play with smile

So who was your fav character?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sun 02/07/17 01:02 UTC
Well obviously Morris was central to =everything= and the show would have not been what it was without him. But having said that, I really enjoyed Anna Konkle's character. She really provided =really= important focus ... and/or ... diversion at crucial points!
Posted By: Mina Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sun 02/07/17 02:01 UTC
Anna Konkle? Did not think she was on Pretty Little Liars?

Personally, I am a huge Mona fan smile of the recurring roles, I agree, Morris as Wren was so much fun... and Roma Maffia as Tanner was excellent! The way she handled the girls, it always felt like she was part of something.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sun 02/07/17 02:05 UTC
No Rosewood ... did I miss a series change?? Wouldn't be the first time <sigh>
Posted By: Mina Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sun 02/07/17 02:23 UTC
Quote:
No Rosewood ... did I miss a series change?? Wouldn't be the first time <sigh>

Uhm, I have never seen Rosewood (though PLL was set in a town called Rosewood) .. was asking about your fav characters in PLL smile
Posted By: MikeD Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sun 02/07/17 12:44 UTC
Ooops ... I saw the Rosewood reference and ... <sigh> ... that is where my head went. Sorry, I have not dug into PLL yet. It is over 150 episodes! I have to be in the fight mood to start something =THAT= long <chuckle>
Posted By: Mina Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sun 02/07/17 17:17 UTC
Mike, it is a fun show, over the top at times, but that was a bit of the charm. Many of the characters were easy to relate with, while at the same time make fun of for silly choices they made.

At the wrap-up party, the interview asked, from a character perspective what advice the adult characters, if they could, would tell their younger selves in season one. Top three answers had me laughing...

1) Just go to the police, your secrets really are not that bad... in the beginning at least.
2) Stop going into the woods outside of town.
3) Wear tennis shoes instead of heals all the time, you either get chased, or are chasing someone, everywhere!
Posted By: MikeD Re: Pretty Little Liars - Sun 02/07/17 18:25 UTC
<heh heh heh> it =is= on my list. Not sure when I will get to it. But I will try to remember to come back here and share my thoughts <g>
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post