DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: ividia Wonder Woman - Fri 02/06/17 05:56 UTC
Go. See. It.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Wonder Woman - Fri 02/06/17 17:13 UTC
Yay, that is what I was hoping to hear. smile
Posted By: ividia Re: Wonder Woman - Fri 02/06/17 17:33 UTC
Now that I'm more awake...

I had trepidation about the casting of Gal Godot. I love the Fast & Furious films but acting ability isn't real high on the necessity list for those.

Honestly she Owned this part. The two other actresses playing the younger versions of Diana were also good for the time we saw them.

I have many feels about it.

The Amazons were all amazing. Bonus points that many of them are athletes in real life and had form, ability and muscle. Extra bonus for the diversity.

Chris Pine was adorable as Steve Trevor. I saw the character and not the actor. The chemistry between Steve and Diana was spot on.

The small group of support / sidekicks were all excellent. I'd say more but trying to be spoiler free.

The difference between the island and the rest of the world was well depicted.

The main costume reveal was well done and stands out as a stellar sequence.

My main peeve was one of the villain personas, perhaps because I have a hard time seeing him and not seeing a former portrayal of his. Not necessarily his fault he is firmly embedded in my head as that one character for all time.

I will go see it again and will be acquiring the DVD.
Posted By: nem Re: Wonder Woman - Sat 03/06/17 20:39 UTC
Yeah, it wasn't the actor that was offputting so much as him plus the schoolmaster's outfit he was wearing... I thought Wonder Woman might have to break out a patronas charm to beat him.

Instead we got yet another Tekken-like CG fight sequence, the same as Man of Steel and BvS. Warner Bros need to find a new way of portraying a superpowered confrontation imo!

Overall I thought it was OK. I'd rate it alongside the first Captain America film, with which it has much in common. Certainly the best WB DC adaptation so far.
Posted By: Mina Re: Wonder Woman - Sun 04/06/17 20:37 UTC
Saw the movie and loved it!
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Wonder Woman - Mon 05/06/17 20:03 UTC
I enjoyed it a great deal. Thanks for the recommendation!
Posted By: AngrboĆ°a Re: Wonder Woman - Tue 06/06/17 01:39 UTC
Ditto - I wasn't sure whether to go and see it until I saw your recommendation.

It was worth seeing.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post