DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Gryphon Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Wed 18/05/16 22:27 UTC
Does anyone else watch and keep up on these shows?

If not, they are fun superhero shows- I personally think DC does a beter TV show than Marvel (Shield) though I prefer the movies by Marvel over the DC counterparts.

I am enjoying all three of the shows, though I think The Flash is my current favorite, though I really like the in depth characters of Arrow.

What do you all think of Supergirl moving to the CW?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Wed 18/05/16 23:24 UTC
nope. I watched a couple of episodes of each but couldn't get interested. Supergirl was a particular disappointment.

The others were so far from what I hoped for ... well I gather that some folks really like the shows <shrug>
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Wed 18/05/16 23:30 UTC
I have watched all three.

I enjoy Arrow for the characters and the gritty feel.

I like the Flash the best.

I like Supergirl but it feels like they are trying too hard. I am interested to see how it goes on the CW.
Posted By: Gryphon Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 00:04 UTC
The first half of the Supergirl series was okay, but in my opinion it got much better during the second half- at the end of the first season I was happy it had been renewed.

Mike, what were you hoping for with Arrow and Flash?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 12:51 UTC
Something more 'true' to the comic book heroes I grew up with <sigh>
Posted By: Gryphon Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 17:15 UTC
Mike, what were the characters like when you were growing up, and how are they different in the shows?

I think Lois and Clark has come closest to the image I had for Clark Kent, so I think I understand where you are coming from.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 17:20 UTC
My Superman image growing up was the B&W TV Show with George Reeves, so this new incarnation of Supergirl, while I watch occasionally, is jarring. Everyone seems to know who she is and Jimmy Olsen is the antithesis of the Jimmy Olsen I grew up with.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 17:58 UTC
just announced by the CW that they will do a 4 way crossover with all 4 franchises... supergirl/legends/flash/arrow.

I love supergirl

love flash and arrow too.

all three for differing reasons- though I must admit the resolution to their laurel lance quandary left me a little puzzled and disappointed in arrow- they wrote themselves into a corner and she became two dimensional... but killing her off seemed arbitrary--- for what, to reintroduce her with another actress and thus a new backstory to explore?

legends is my least favorite but that is not to say I don't like it... I actually do, just not as much. I actually enjoy snart much more now that he is a lead and as a villain of the week. he's fun.

anyway- I just like having comic hero stories and I allow myself to get into the story that the creators want to tell and don't try to hold preconceived notions on how I think the story or character should be presented.
Posted By: Mina Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 18:23 UTC
When it first came out, I watched Supergirl because a friend of mine loved it (looks at Nivek), and as it kept going it kept getting better. I love the Flash, but Supergirl is just a little bit cuter, so that is my first go-to when I am catching up on recorded shows- at least for the Superhero ones.

My very first go-to, however, is Damien. Then Supergirl. Yes... the anti-Christ beats out cuteness. Don't judge me too harshly.

I like Legends too, Jim, and it just beats out Arrow because of Snart. He is such a fun character!
Posted By: MikeD Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 19:11 UTC
Gryph, it is probably mostly a 'time period' thing. Compare 'old' shows like 'Dragnet' to the current cop shows like ... Criminal Minds. Things were simpler, more straight forward ... more black and white.
Posted By: Don Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 20:58 UTC
Ziem,

Only your TV was black & white. The Adventures of Superman was filmed (on actual film) in color, as was I love Lucy which was cutting edge for TV at the time. grin
Posted By: MikeD Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Thu 19/05/16 21:13 UTC
<ha ha ha> Not to rain on your parade Don, but ...

1.) the first show 'filmed' in color was Disney's Wonderful World Of Color was the first TV show 'filmed' in color ...

2.) Bonanza was the first show to air in color (it occupied the time slot immediately proceeding the W W O C <g>) I know because I watched the 'switch' to color when it happened <g>

My dad worked for RCA at the time <wink>
Posted By: Gryphon Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Fri 20/05/16 04:47 UTC
Mike, I see what you are saying- now days there is sympathy for the devil while heroes are a bit tarnished to make them more human.

It was nice when heroes were always the good guy and villains were always the bad guy.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl - Fri 20/05/16 12:46 UTC
Yeah ... I'm looking for entertainment. If I want 'gritty reality' I can just read the news <g>
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post