DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Barry Mulvihill Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Thu 07/08/14 15:02 UTC
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Thu 07/08/14 15:09 UTC
such a classic... i read that tim conway was backstage and he told carol that he was going to do whatever he could to make harvey break character. Tim just started ad libbing this scene.

in truth, it wasn't hard to break harvey korman up- which just made the skits they did even better. you watch them both just losing it. this was a running gag between the cast, to try to ad lib and get the others to break character.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Thu 07/08/14 15:17 UTC
One of the funniest shows ever on TV.

And my favorite bits are are the ones where someone gets the others to break up. Tim was best at that, but Harvey, Carol and Vicky all had their moments <g>

Thanks for the reminder.

Posted By: Barry Mulvihill Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Thu 07/08/14 15:32 UTC
And that was REAL comedy. No need to swear or concentrate on negativity. Just be funny. Man that show was the best. I wonder if you could even do that format today?
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Thu 07/08/14 15:37 UTC
Here is another great skit by a guy who was so good at ad-libbing and breaking people up... his whole schtick was just hilarious (the guy was a tee-totaler in real life)

Foster Brooks and Dean Martin

Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Thu 07/08/14 15:52 UTC
back to carol burnett show- here's another favorite of mine. they were doing a mama's family skit and tim took over and wouldn't let them get through the skit until he told his elephant story...

Posted By: MikeD Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Thu 07/08/14 16:06 UTC
I still remember ... with great fondness ... the closing on their 'salute' to Gone with the Wind when Carol comes down the stairs in her dress <chuckle>

Posted By: Barry Mulvihill Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Thu 07/08/14 23:22 UTC
"Oh this old thing? I saw it in the window and just had to have it"
Posted By: MikeD Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Fri 08/08/14 00:08 UTC
That's the one <chuckle>
Posted By: Barry Mulvihill Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Fri 08/08/14 00:37 UTC
Posted By: MikeD Re: Ken's Trip to the Dentist - Fri 08/08/14 15:07 UTC
Gotta love youtube!!!

© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post