DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: MikeD Great Martial Arts Movie - Thu 29/05/14 18:37 UTC
Just watched 'The Wrath of Vajra'. This has got some of the =best= 'believable' martial arts action (as opposed to the 'fantasy' martial arts of movies like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) that I have seen since Bruce Lee.

Wow!

Posted By: Barry Mulvihill Re: Great Martial Arts Movie - Thu 29/05/14 19:54 UTC
You know, of all the martial arts fights I've ever seen, on of my favorites was in the John Cusack movie "Grosse Point Blank". To set the scene, Cusack plays an assassin who's lost his taste for his work and has gone to his high school reunion. He's also got a contract out on him due to one of his contracts gone bad. He and the guy hunting him get into a fight with a lot of missing, a lot of blocked blows, ineffectual blows, the fight is short and doesn't look scripted at all. It ends with the Pen being mightier than the Sword.<G>

Posted By: MikeD Re: Great Martial Arts Movie - Thu 29/05/14 21:50 UTC
Certainly a nice 'fight' scene. And I have to say that I thoroughly liked the whole movie <g>

But that wasn't what I was getting at. The fight sequences in Wrath are not just fight scenes, but rather a presentation of martial arts combat at its best and most believable.

© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post