DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Mina Rubinrot - Wed 23/04/14 01:28 UTC
Rubinrot is a movie based on the first of three books by Kerstin Gier, Ruby Red in English. Fun romantic adventure whose main character is an unwilling time traveler. Written in German, originally, and set in London, the books are fun especially if you like time travel. THe first of the three movies has just been released (in German with an English dub option).

From IMDB
Gwendolyn Shepherd is actually a very normal 16-year-old teen. What's annoying is that her family definitely has a tad too many secrets. They all have to do with the time-travel gene that is passed down in the family. Everyone is certain that Gwen's cousin Charlotte has the gene, and so everything is all Charlotte, all the time. Until the day Gwen, out of the clear blue sky, suddenly finds herself in London at the end of the 19th century. She knows right away that she, and not Charlotte, was born to be a time traveler - even if she could certainly do without it. Just as she could do without Charlotte's arrogant boyfriend Gideon de Villiers, with whom she now has to forge an alliance in order to clear up the biggest secret of her family history. One thing is clear: she will do everything possible to solve the ancient mysteries. What isn't clear is that one should not fall in love between the times. For that really makes things complicated!

Has anyone else seen this movie? If so what are your thoughts?

The first half hour or so was one of the cheesiest movies (I apologized to my friend who I made watch it with me) while the rest of the movie got markedly better around the midway point.

Posted By: Nivek Re: Rubinrot - Wed 23/04/14 01:30 UTC
Sounds like the idea for a great game. When do we start?
Posted By: Mina Re: Rubinrot - Wed 23/04/14 01:32 UTC
When you set one up? smile Seriously, a lot of the elements in the story would make for a fun game.
Posted By: Nivek Re: Rubinrot - Wed 23/04/14 01:38 UTC
Well silly rabbit. You've seen the movie and read the books. If I read them, I'd know what was coming. Ask MikeD for a forum!
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post