DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Gypsy RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 12:26 UTC
And another great bites the dust sad
Posted By: Barry Mulvihill Re: RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 13:21 UTC
Major Tom to ground control....
Posted By: Muddy Re: RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 14:55 UTC
Lemmy and now Bowie too....damn!

Things like this make me doubly sad because I generally think of such people as enduring figures - very much like Nemoy, I never really thought about them suddenly not being here.

They showed a clip of Bowie on a program about the 1970's / 80's recently firmly putting a rather youthful and decidedly condescending Michael Parkinson in his place during an interview (at least I think it was Parkinson!)

First time I saw Bowie was in Labyrinth - I'm still trying to do that trick he did with those glass balls...
Posted By: Asta Re: RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 15:09 UTC
Bowie was awesome.
Posted By: MikeD Re: RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 15:42 UTC
He is =still= awesome. He has almost 50 years of material ... from his first release in 1967, to his final this year ... we will be able to enjoy his talent, his genius forever!!!

The sad part is that we will have to wait a while until we can join him and see what new wonders he has created over there!!
Posted By: Asta Re: RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 15:46 UTC
Yup but bet it isn't boring. smile
Posted By: Barry Mulvihill Re: RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 16:40 UTC
Anyone remember Tin Machine? Probably one of his least remembered projects, but my favorite Bowie era.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 17:30 UTC
"Hi Lemmy", said David. "Seeing you up here gave me an idea. How about something a bit like Tin Machine, only LOUDER?"
Posted By: ividia Re: RIP Bowie - Mon 11/01/16 18:12 UTC
And I'll just assume he's being added to the Hall of Fame, aye.
Posted By: Wolf Re: RIP Bowie - Fri 15/01/16 00:19 UTC
Originally Posted By Tim
"Hi Lemmy", said David. "Seeing you up here gave me an idea. How about something a bit like Tin Machine, only LOUDER?"

perhaps something quieter. Crosby's up there too.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post