DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: MikeD Enya - Tue 09/12/14 23:05 UTC
It had been a while ... years ... since I had pulled her 'Watermark' cd down for a listen ... so much great music, so little time <sigh>

Anyway, I was thinking as I listened that there are a =LOT= of great albums out there, but only a few that can consistently may my eyes leak. If you want a taste, Orinoko Flow is on YouTube as well as a lot of her other works.

Posted By: Gypsy Re: Enya - Wed 10/12/14 11:50 UTC
Got a number of her albums.. also Clannad which she was/is a member. smile
Posted By: ividia Re: Enya - Thu 11/12/14 00:57 UTC
Love Enya and Clannad along with Maire Brennan.

There are a few coveted copies of a Highland Sun CD available still since Highland Sun is no longer. Ian, who was half the band's nucleus, passed in 2008. He played the bodhran and bones. Howard, the other half, now lives in Ireland. I was always tickled to see people's reactions the first time they heard him sing. He has a most lovely brogue and quite unexpected to come from a tall Chinese man. smile
Posted By: Asta Re: Enya - Thu 11/12/14 01:35 UTC
loreena mckennitt smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Enya - Thu 11/12/14 02:08 UTC
smile

I like Blackmore's Night as well. Not in the same range, but still...
Posted By: Don Re: Enya - Thu 11/12/14 09:55 UTC
Another Irish lass with a haunting voice is Anne Byrne. The music is more traditional than New Age but voice is beautiful nonetheless.

Fiona and Shane
Posted By: Barry Mulvihill Re: Enya - Thu 11/12/14 13:10 UTC
Sis, Cheeky and I saw Loreena live at the Palace Theater here in Columbus, I'm thinking it was about 2007 or 2008. GREAT show, beautiful voice and music was incredible.

When I DJ'd, Orinoco Flow used to be a permanent part of my dinner set.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post