DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: J-J Vomact Miles at the Fillmore, The Bootleg Series Vol. 3 - Fri 28/03/14 23:53 UTC
This is the Miles Davis of Bitches Brew. 4 nights at Fillmore East, July 17 - 20, 1970, with Chick Corea, Jack DeJohnette, Steve Grossman, Dave Holland, Keith Jarrett, and Airto Moreira, along with some bonus tracks from April 11, 1970 at Fillmore West without Jarrett.

It took me a while to warm up to Bitches Brew. I was more used to the Miles Davis of Kind of Blue, etc., and compared to that this stuff is pretty far out there. But eventually I came around, and I've listened to the four discs in this release twice since receiving it on Tuesday. Maybe it's a function of the amount of jazz I've listened to since first trying Bitches Brew, but I'm digging it.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Miles at the Fillmore, The Bootleg Series Vol. 3 - Sat 29/03/14 15:06 UTC
One of the things I liked best about Miles was that he was never 'stuck in a rut'. He was always searching for something new and he usually found it <g>

This is a nice find because there really wasn't a lot that he released around that time. There is also the fact that there are a lot of other awesome talents on the album <g>
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post